Welcome to New Members

tuky

Hello,

I'm an American journalist who'll be moving to Bangkok, at least temporarily, in the fall. I've spent a fair bit of time traveling in Asia but never lived there. Anxious and eager to see how things work out. I'll be looking for a short-term (3 mos) rental as soon as dates for a 3 week China assignment are finalized. I'm sure that I'll have many questions; glad this forum is here.

Cheers,

Cyn

:o:D

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, i am trying to find information about going to college in bangkok are pattaya if anyone has any info pleae fill me in.

Hi falang12... Welcome to :o

To get a response to you enquiries, it'll probably be best to start a topic containing questions you may have in the General section of the forum.

You may need to provide a little information about what you want also..

Good Luck

totster :D

Belgo-Canadian learning assistance teacher (in French and English), in Vancouver, Canada, who toured Thailand last year for 4 months (and Chiang Mai for 1.5 months out of the 4). I will be back in the North this year for 3 or 4 months to start to write a non-fiction book, a fiction book, some educational material, or work on an anti-racism website, enjoy Thai food, Thai culture, and hopefully make new friends.

Edited by MyPenRye

Hi

A friend recommended this forum. I have found it very informative and enjoyable.

I am currenly in position in my life where I no longer have to work in order to survive. I have traveled extensively, to South, Central and North America and Europe. I'm a Canadian, currently living in Toronto Canada. In the last month, I visited Thailand and decided that I would like to spend more time in Thailand. I have visited Bangkok, Hua Hin, Ratchaburi and Pattaya. During my visit, I met 4 Canadians and several other Farang who also like to spend lots of time in Thailand.

I would like to learn more about Thailand and meet other people in Thailand who may be interested in becoming friends. It's certainly possible that some day, I'll spend all of my time in Thailand.

Hi

A friend recommended this forum. I have found it very informative and enjoyable.

I am currenly in position in my life where I no longer have to work in order to survive. I have traveled extensively, to South, Central and North America and Europe. I'm a Canadian, currently living in Toronto Canada. In the last month, I visited Thailand and decided that I would like to spend more time in Thailand. I have visited Bangkok, Hua Hin, Ratchaburi and Pattaya. During my visit, I met 4 Canadians and several other Farang who also like to spend lots of time in Thailand.

I would like to learn more about Thailand and meet other people in Thailand who may be interested in becoming friends. It's certainly possible that some day, I'll spend all of my time in Thailand.

Welcome aboard :D:o

Hello people!

I read Thaivisa website and this forum for a while, and I finally registered some time ago.

I'm from The Netherlands and (almost) have an opportunity to work at a university in Bangkok, in an engineering instructor position. Job hunting from here is difficult, but I'm lucky to have an old teacher here who has some contacts with Bangkok Universities. And he really wants to help.

I have been in Thailand many times already, and since some time a Thai girlfriend too (what's new). So I hope to join you all in LOS as soon as I can!

Hello people!

I read Thaivisa website and this forum for a while, and I finally registered some time ago.

I'm from The Netherlands and (almost) have an opportunity to work at a university in Bangkok, in an engineering instructor position. Job hunting from here is difficult, but I'm lucky to have an old teacher here who has some contacts with Bangkok Universities. And he really wants to help.

I have been in Thailand many times already, and since some time a Thai girlfriend too (what's new). So I hope to join you all in LOS as soon as I can!

:D to :o please don't let the wabbit bug you, he is harmless really.... :D

redrus

Welcome (i´m on chat with you now!)

Ignore redrus. It´s not his fault he is from manchester. Northern "·&/"··$""...

I´m the rabbit, the chang, and the klown, (references to old avatars I used to have...)

Hello people!

Hello people!

redrus

I´m the rabbit, the chang, and the klown, (references to old avatars I used to have...)

and I really thought that you were off the piss too :D

Hello people!

Hello people!

redrus

Takin............! :D:D

redrus

Hello people!

Hello people!

redrus

Thats his normal state.. mix intoxicating liquid with it and it's madness .. MADNESS.... :D

hello all

im martin from england been to thailand 4 times and goin back agen

at christmas and march cant wait

glad to meet ya all

I'm Eusabai. American. Lived and worked in Thailand about half of the last 40 years. Now retired here. Came to this site looking for information about how to transfer money out of Thailand.

Cheers

Wecome 1, welcome all, don't give me drink, or like Yorkie, I could fall.............. :D

:D to :o and :D:D:D , I think Totster maybe expanding the truth in his above statement about me n the klown..... :D:D

redrus

Edited by redrus

and I really thought that you were off the piss too :o

:D :D I am you Dr Tosspot.... But with posts like that I may be back on it sooner than I thought.

:D

Thats his normal state.. mix intoxicating liquid with it and it's madness .. MADNESS.... :D

At least somebody knows me, even when I am sober... :D 23 days.. and a half.

and I really thought that you were off the piss too :o

:D :D I am you Dr Tosspot.... But with posts like that I may be back on it sooner than I thought.

At least somebody knows me, even when I am sober... :D 23 days.. and a half.

and counting :D

Allow me to introduce myself.

I'm Mad Mike, formerly Buadhai, formerly mgnewman.

I junked mgnewman because no one could pronounce it.

The board software stole Buadhai from me, but I hope to return to it "real soon now".

I was trying to help the admins figure out why some people stopped getting topic notifications via e-mail. After some testing I discovered that only some e-mail domains were not receiving notifications. So, I changed from my venerable Dot Mac e-mail address to a GMail address. GMail worked.

Unfortunately, GMail is POP only (no IMAP) so all the notifications were going to my iMac desktop machine, which is always on. But, I usually access TV from my wireless iBook.

To remedy this, I decided to switch my e-mail again; this time to a working IMAP account.

Sadly, that account never received the verification notice from the board, so although I am able to log on as buadhai, I am unable to post or send PM's.

I have e-mailed the admins about this problem, but, since it is a long holiday weekend, I have no hope of the problem being fixed until at least mid-week.

In the mean time I have adopted the sobriquet so kindly given my by Yorky: Mad Mike.

However, the avatar remains the same, obnoxious and much-hated Mr. Big Head. And, I've added a hint as to my real identity in my signature line, below.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all.

Mike, I sorted out your problem 16:00 this afternoon. Hope it works now!

Cheers!

Oh hey George, so you are the administrator! Great. Don't mean to sound stupid either but HOW do I change my user name?? I went through the personal / edit/ account and couldn't get it. Then I send an email to what I thought was the admin but never got an reply. Can you advise. Many thanks. BTW love the emoticons. (Y)

Allow me to introduce myself.

I'm Mad Mike, formerly Buadhai, formerly mgnewman.

I junked mgnewman because no one could pronounce it.

The board software stole Buadhai from me, but I hope to return to it "real soon now".

I was trying to help the admins figure out why some people stopped getting topic notifications via e-mail. After some testing I discovered that only some e-mail domains were not receiving notifications. So, I changed from my venerable Dot Mac e-mail address to a GMail address. GMail worked.

Unfortunately, GMail is POP only (no IMAP) so all the notifications were going to my iMac desktop machine, which is always on. But, I usually access TV from my wireless iBook.

To remedy this, I decided to switch my e-mail again; this time to a working IMAP account.

Sadly, that account never received the verification notice from the board, so although I am able to log on as buadhai, I am unable to post or send PM's.

I have e-mailed the admins about this problem, but, since it is a long holiday weekend, I have no hope of the problem being fixed until at least mid-week.

In the mean time I have adopted the sobriquet so kindly given my by Yorky: Mad Mike.

However, the avatar remains the same, obnoxious and much-hated Mr. Big Head. And, I've added a hint as to my real identity in my signature line, below.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all.

Mike, I sorted out your problem 16:00 this afternoon. Hope it works now!

Cheers!

Oh hey George, so you are the administrator! Great. Don't mean to sound stupid either but HOW do I change my user name?? I went through the personal / edit/ account and couldn't get it. Then I send an email to what I thought was the admin but never got an reply. Can you advise. Many thanks. BTW love the emoticons. (Y)

Don't think you can change it, once you've joined, you're stuck with it, I think....!

:D to :o though.... :D:D

redrus

:o Hi I am a Thai student in the UK. I have been reading TV for a year...it is good fun for me to read expat's opinions about Thais and Thai culture.

I have finished the course and will go back home soon. I would certainly feel like an expat for my first few weeks back there.

Don't think you can change it, once you've joined, you're stuck with it, I think....!

:D to :o though.... :D:D

redrus

Yeah.. red´s a bit sore about that. He couldn´t change his avatar either, which was a none too flattering picture of him, drunk wearing a priests outfit, not unlike a famous tv personality. So we all got to see how ungly and red faced northerners can get.

Redrus has calmed his nerves over the months that he has been with us now, though, and has come to accept his pet name, as i am sure we all should in life.

Regards,

A boiling bunny.

Sawatdee Khrap, bonjour

I an old frenchie man;(mangeur de grenouilles, but I prefer thai food)

I'm from Paris in France where i live 8 months a year;

the rest of the year (four months) in Thailand (two months and two months).

It's not a long time I'm coming to this country; before I went many times to Vietnam from beginning 1991 to end 1996; and english isn't my native language :D

I will retire in I-San in about two years, maybe less; hope it's in a few months :o

I like to travel with my bicycle and local transportations (coaches, pick-up), sometimes trains and rarely planes.

I like to shoot some photos, caves in Kanchanaburi county for example;

Thank you to admit me there :D

Sawatdee Khrap, bonjour

I an old frenchie man;(mangeur de grenouilles, but I prefer thai food)

I'm from Paris in France where i live 8 months a year;

the rest of the year (four months) in Thailand (two months and two months).

It's not a long time I'm coming to this country; before I went many times to Vietnam from beginning 1991 to end 1996; and english isn't my native language :D

I will retire in I-San in about two years, maybe less; hope it's in a few months :o

I like to travel with my bicycle and local transportations (coaches, pick-up), sometimes trains and rarely planes.

I like to shoot some photos, caves in Kanchanaburi county for example;

Thank you to admit me there :D

Welcome to Thai Visa, Nok Keo! Have fun!

:o Hi I am a Thai student in the UK. I have been reading TV for a year...it is good fun for me to read expat's opinions about Thais and Thai culture.

I have finished the course and will go back home soon. I would certainly feel like an expat for my first few weeks back there.

Welcome to Thai Visa, S a b a i! ...and Welcome back to Thailand!!! It's a pleasure having natives thai between us! Enjoy TV

Welcome to Thai Visa, S a b a i! ...and Welcome back to Thailand!!! It's a pleasure having natives thai between us! Enjoy TV

I love her avatar :D

Hi,

I'm niteowl, and some of you may know me from ajarn.com. I was an infrequent poster there, but had followed the forum for years. Now, I live in Hang Dong. I taught English and Math for one year in Lumphun, but now, I'm fully retired. I've been living in sin with my girlfriend for the past 10 months or so, but we plan to marry in October, as I'd promised her. I enjoy reading, coversation, playing the guitar (I'm an intermediate guitarist), and chess (ditto). I usually sit around the house clad only in shorts, and reek of beer, cigarettes, and cats (we have six.)

No, that's a lie. I don't drink that much. A case of Singha (12 bottles) usually lasts me two weeks.

I enjoy spirited debate, and the exchange of honest opinions. I dislike flamers, though, and will generally retreat. Life is too short to deal with tw*ts.

niteowl

Hello, another newbie here. Not my first post here, but I didn't see the intros page. :o Expat (Brit, 43 y.o.) based in Maptaphut, Rayong. Nine years in Thailand, covering work here and Singapore.

Have enjoyed lurking and reading a few threads here already, hope nobody minds.

Nice to join a forum that seems to have an intelligent / educated population, without all the flaming and windups you might find on similar BBS sites.

Some of the threads and experiences of members here seem to be genuinely beneficial to people like me; and so I'm happy to be here and share back with you all.

Nice to be here. :D