Best place to go after 4am?

hiddencamper

Swing - Soi Rong Muang 1, opposite Spicy, open 0530 - 1200.

Yeah Swing used to be great. I loved the dirty electro-funk music and wall-to-wall women vibe 3 or 4 years ago.

It's all changed now.

Sunday to Thursday, it's just about tolerable but the rest of the week, the place is packed tight with African dealers, Thai gang bangers and an entire legion of pissed up/high gays who take over half the club.

Swing - Soi Rong Muang 1, opposite Spicy, open 0530 - 1200.

Yeah Swing used to be great. I loved the dirty electro-funk music and wall-to-wall women vibe 3 or 4 years ago.

It's all changed now.

Sunday to Thursday, it's just about tolerable but the rest of the week, the place is packed tight with African dealers, Thai gang bangers and an entire legion of pissed up/high gays who take over half the club.

w00t.gif Have a hard enough time dodging the ladyboys on the way home. They are always out in force, during the late hours. Thailand should make it's own section, just for Ladyboys. Kinda like Chinatown; wouldn't that be great?

Thanks for the info! I am looking for places similar to safehouse where more Thai go rather than swing or poorer farang destinations. Just so much changed since 5 or 6 years ago when Thai afterhours clubs were amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Safe House is great for eye candy but the music? Oh God the sheer horror of that music.

Thai DJs know absolutely nothing about dance music or the concept of "less is more"

By their reasoning, the tighter the compression, the more you've got going on in the mix and louder it sounds, the better it is.

Don't know if WIP 168 is still going but that used to be good in its day

I believe it will be depending of where “hiddencamper” hide his camp – don’t see anything mentioned about that – so is it Bangkok; or some other amazing place? smile.png

Since this is the Bangkok forum, that should give you a hint as to the city at least.

• Like 1

I believe it will be depending of where “hiddencamper” hide his camp – don’t see anything mentioned about that – so is it Bangkok; or some other amazing place? smile.png

Since this is the Bangkok forum, that should give you a hint as to the city at least.

Thanks thumbsup.gif , and sorry wai.gif , I “come from” the newsletter link and was not aware of the very small letters at top of the page “> Bangkok Forum” – now I know and see, so I hope I will never ask such a stupid question again...! whistling.gif

Geez, what's wrong with me, I've never heard of 75% of these places. I know of a couple that has been mentioned but I thought after hours in BKK died in the 90's.

Bookmarking this thread.

Actually it could be fun to do a late night refresher. Stay home until midnight and then hit lower Sukhumvit sometime around 1 am.

Geez, what's wrong with me, I've never heard of 75% of these places. I know of a couple that has been mentioned but I thought after hours in BKK died in the 90's.

Bookmarking this thread.

Actually it could be fun to do a late night refresher. Stay home until midnight and then hit lower Sukhumvit sometime around 1 am.

Yeah, I'll do this as I have to update my files. I'm making a list from past/present though walking through Nana past the car park and the makeshift outside bars across the street even at 6am+ puts a little smile on my face.

Too bad this thread had to die at 2 pages, we need more of these.

Actually, this weekend marked the opening of Wax on the top floor of what was Bash on soi 11.

Gotta say I haven't felt as good about any club in this city since Tunnel.

Authentic club vibe; not cheesy disco. Nice younger, more-up-for-a-party crowd.

Dunno how long it'll last before they bring in one of those wank EDM DJs

Oh and Bash is being re-branded as "Levels Late" in couple of weeks xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.MPO6H9qvs0.webp

• Like 1