Thailand's think tank: Govt cornered to dead-end on rice scheme

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I find most interesting is that nobody is really saying who has pocketed all the money

from this insane corrupt program......Middle men are vaguely alluded to, and that is about

all we get. But one thing we know for sure, the farmers do not have the money. :-)

Yeah it's the middle men who concocted this dire policy... and the middleman like the rabble rousing mysterious third hand will be investigated.

Don't hold your breath.

• Like 2

who cares about the price of rice in thailand dam_n thaivisa is getting more boring by the day what happened to updates about cool stuff not just politics and rice.

There are more topics on TV. Maybe there is one that interests you about cool stuff... If you don't care about this topic you could just stay away.

• Like 1

Hey, they were democratically elected criminals who have lined their pockets and bought their election with taxpayers' money, and it's a god-given number one human right for them to be elected again to shaft the country further.

It is a real shame. This rice scan is much worse than what I initially though of.

I am wondering how soon the government will announce the names of the criminals who knowingly stole the money.

They all should get proper jail time.

It will be interesting to see whether or not the criminals will be properly punished.

They might escape from Thailand just like the big boss in Dubai did.

Is Yingluck clean? We all wonder how she is going to handle this.

The British government managed to trace much of Khun Ts off-shore accounts, and freeze many of his assets. I wonder why the NACC can't find the current PTT culprit's accounts? cheesy.gif

They didn't look in the pastry boxes...

Shouldn't that be 'rice boxes'?

Edit: rice bags.. :)

• Like 1

As these irrefutable statistics greet the cold light of day, there is no escaping the fact that this programme has been among the most corrupt of it's kind anywhere in the world. Those at the top of the rung profited the most - as they were intended to - while the whole industry collapsed, as personal gain was placed front and centre above the national interest and Thailand's standing as the world's premiere exporter of rice - something that now is but a distance memory for generations to come. This Pheu Thai administration - in two and a half short years - has brought the country to financial ruin. It has sullied the professional reputation of its credit, and it has created a mutiny of opposition from within the country - from the people on the streets, from the banks, and from the farmers themselves. It will be the instrument that brings down this administration. It was inevitable, though, that before that happened, that it would reach a point where it would be stripped of its power to forge ahead with this particular addiction to massive graft. It has reached that point now. Without a parliamentary mandate, without the sanction of the EC, amidst an impeachment investigation by the NACC, and finally resistance from the banks themselves in a reflex of pure instinctual self-survival - this administration has been thrown involuntarily into a detox room, while the rest of the country now prepares to go forward and tries to heal from the experience that this party has wrecked on the country.

"Come In Agent Big Brother Mission Accomplished Return To Base Eternal Brother Out."

It is a real shame. This rice scan is much worse than what I initially though of.

I am wondering how soon the government will announce the names of the criminals who knowingly stole the money.

It will be interesting to see whether or not the criminals will be properly punished.

They cant announce the names as it is the government itself that stole the money. I hope the NACC gets enough proof to charge the government and disband it for once and all maybe some jail-time for some of its members and of course the one who chaired it is fully responsible.. I believe that was Yinluck.

• Like 2

The government announce the names? Are you serious? The courts are already announcing the names. Follow the courts.

Is Yingluck relatively clean? Maybe, but then she selected all the members of the rice committee, 15 of which have already been indicted by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC). In addition she did, allegedly, continue the rice program (which helped the PTP get elected), although it was obvious it was costing the country a lot of money (The World Bank's estimations are staggering).

It comes down to if people or governments believe in democracy, then they should follow the checks and balances the court's present.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Part of the difficultly may be in the way it worked... Is the guy who owns the w/h being paid by the gov to store the rice doing anything illegal?

Granted it may be found that the rate is a little bit high and that for what ever reason only friends of TPT seemed to get contracts, but still hard to prove corruption...

Same thing will trucks transporting the rice... Companies packing the rice, security companies providing guards for w/h, etc...

There are many ways to siphon money out that would be hard to prove corruption...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk