How to download you tube to thai visa

i claudius

I'd assume that you only copy and paste the link here and people are able to watch it. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

If you'd like to download a clip, use YTD, available at the bay for divers and those who can'r swim..

Edited by lostinisaan

• 1 year later...

Bump

I used to be able to post youtube clips without any probs, but as of this week all i'm able to post is a squiggly set of letter & numbers instead of the embedded clip.

Can anyone please explain what has changed?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks. Having found the link button I found that it didn't make any difference.

Same same for me

The videos used to come up on screen, now it is just a one line link

For embedded Youtube you do not use the link button, that just generates a direct link to the Youtube page, not embedding it into Thaivisa. See below what your post looks like, note the hot link in blue on the 2nd line. That is just a standard URL link.

post-566-0-72366300-1427487936_thumb.jpg

The method that should be used and always works is clicking on the Special BBCODE button.

post-566-0-19776000-1427488221_thumb.jpg

This brings up the below box and paste the Youtube URL into it.

post-566-0-59762400-1427488257_thumb.jpg

When done you will see this in your post. This is what it should look like. A direct paste does not always work, this is more reliable.

[media]

Also I've seen members post the link from YouTube using the share URL. That is a tinyurl generated by YouTube such as https://youtu.be and will not work.

• Like 1

Tywais is right. Quite often the YouTube URL in the address field is of a type that does not work if it is simply pasted into the reply box on Thaivisa. Using Chrome, I usually right-click on the video itself and copy the Iink from there to paste it in the reply box and this seems to be working, but probably without absolute guarantee. Better to use the BBCode function to avoid a possible surprise.

I dunno. I consistently had trouble until I started to only paste the raw URL from the address bar at YouTube. Using any of the code buttons always messed things up.

Lemme try it. I use the actual raw code hoping for a display. PS Using Chrome, Win 8.1.

Edited by NeverSure

Help.

Please see my post #15 as it explains that the tinyurl will not work (youtu.be). You can not just paste it into a post nor use the 'Link' button at the top of a post. Perhaps this will be clearer:

At YouTube if you click on the share button you will see this:

post-566-0-52998000-1428206476_thumb.jpg

That URL will not work with the Media BBCode to embed the video nor as a direct paste into a post as it is a tinyurl generated automatically by YouTube.

You need to copy from the address bar the part I have highlighted and paste that into the Media box.

post-566-0-58007800-1428206556_thumb.jpg