Extension of stay (Marriage) problem!

Hi all,

This is for my friend again.

He has just gotten married and is preparing all the documents for his extension of stay.

He will be going from an extension of stay on a Non Imm B (based on business) to an extension of stay based on marriage. Extension of stay based on business is not possible this time round due to not enough Thai staff in the company.

ANYWAY...

He has everything he needs except his foreign landlord (who owns the condo he rents) has lost his house book/tabien baan so he is missing that and apparently has to wait 2 weeks for a replacement (which is after his current EOS expires). He already has the letter from the condo office, the lease agreement, bills in his name, the landlord's signed passport copy....

Assuming he can't extend due to this missing document, he can still do a 60 day extension of stay based on "Visiting Thai Wife" while he sorts out the Tabien Baan thing right?

Most important question - is his Work Permit still "valid" whilst he is on this extension?

Thanks as always!

Assuming that the landlord's tabien baan is for proving address purposes, doesn't your friend have an alternative method of proving his address such as a utility bill with his name and address included on it? Or are Immigration insisting on the tabien baan in his case?

Assuming that the landlord's tabien baan is for proving address purposes, doesn't your friend have an alternative method of proving his address such as a utility bill with his name and address included on it? Or are Immigration insisting on the tabien baan in his case?

I only assume he needs it because I supplied (to prove my address) by lease agreement, a letter from the Condo office confirming I stay there, my (Thai) landlord's Tabien Baan and ID card signed.

I also had bills but wasn't asked for them.

How can I check with Immigration to see what they HAVE to see?

Many immigration offices are asking for the rental agreement along with copies of landlords house book and ID card.

The house book is to prove ownership.

Many immigration offices are asking for the rental agreement along with copies of landlords house book and ID card.

The house book is to prove ownership.

Thanks Ubonjoe (was waiting for you to chime in ;)

So good news he can get the 60 day extension and his WP is still valid (gives the LL time to get his act together)

His landlord is British so whilst for a Thai Landlord an ID card and Tabien Baan would be normal, for a British landlord (logically...) surely just a passport copy would be the equivalent?