Announcement: Postponement of Silverlake Music Festival 2014

InspirePattaya

SMF organizer and participating artists are deeply sorry to announce that it’s unavoidable to postpone Silverlake Music Festival 2014 indefinitely.

We would like apologize and thank you all fans for your support.

And regarding the purchased tickets, you can receive full refund starting from February 5, 2014 onward with details per below;
- For tickets purchased via Thaiticketmajor, you can receive the full refund at any Thaiticketmajor service counter or contact 02-262-3456

More info here

inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 2014-2-5

One might have thought the such a festival located away from the protests might offer a nice break for those wanting to get away from it for a few days?

Eric Clapton is still performing in the protest zone (bangkok) in the coming days as far as I am aware.

Anyway, too bad it's cancelled.

One might have thought the such a festival located away from the protests might offer a nice break for those wanting to get away from it for a few days?

Eric Clapton is still performing in the protest zone (bangkok) in the coming days as far as I am aware.

That's what I figured. I wouldn't think safety should have been a big concern. My guess is that they canceled because 1) they're being overly cautious, 2) they're not selling enough tickets, 3) they were getting some push-back from the bands, or 4) a combination.

The thing had a half-assed feel about it from about two months ago, when the website still wasn't updated and a timetable hadn't been issued. Festivals typically issue the final timetable at least a month in advance.

Edited by DeanWeen

That's what I figured. I wouldn't think safety should have been a big concern. My guess is that they canceled because 1) they're being overly cautious, 2) they're not selling enough tickets, 3) they were getting some push-back from the bands, or 4) a combination.

The thing had a half-assed feel about it from about two months ago, when the website still wasn't updated and a timetable hadn't been issued. Festivals typically issue the final timetable at least a month in advance.

I guess this debunks all four of your theories then......

"Silverlake is one of the most popular outdoor music festivals in Thailand. The next one was due to take place on 1st March 2014. However, organizers have just posted on their Facebook Page that due to the political situation in Thailand they have decided to postpone it indefinitely. In their announcement, they said that “it is neither respectful nor appropriate to hold a celebratory event like a music festival when there are greater, more important issues being confronted in Thailand”.

I guess this debunks all four of your theories then......

"Silverlake is one of the most popular outdoor music festivals in Thailand. The next one was due to take place on 1st March 2014. However, organizers have just posted on their Facebook Page that due to the political situation in Thailand they have decided to postpone it indefinitely. In their announcement, they said that “it is neither respectful nor appropriate to hold a celebratory event like a music festival when there are greater, more important issues being confronted in Thailand”.

They would say that,wouldn't they.

• Like 1