A Big Thanks for Thai Visa Members

I agree. Great advice and great information.

I have another three loooooong years to wait until I come over on a permanent basis, but I am gathering a wealth of information in the meantime.

This is a fantastic forum!...a big thanks to all of you clap2.gif

Congratulations - I done all of the same for my Thai Mrs in the UK. Beware - if you return here they, in my experience change completely and I have no idea why. My other half in the UK was a hard working loving person. When we came here to live after nine years in the UK it was a 'Jekyell and Hyde' scenario. Not saying they are all the same but another mate of mine had the same problem on his return here.

That's fantastic that all has worked out well for both you and your wife I wish you both all the best for your future.

More than that though....I found it particularly invigorating that you took the time to thank all those people that also took the time to try and be of assistance to you, although in that particular area I would not have been in a position to be of help to you.

I have however been asked on a few occasions to assist with a particular request after I posted something. On at least two occasions it would have meant my having to dig deep into old files and cobwebbed drawers to find the relevant information and after supplying it in reply with another post......I didn't get as much as a "thank you" or an acknowledgement for my efforts.

I know that we should not expect to be thanked for something we do in order to be of help to someone......but last time i checked I was still a human so I still fell good when a person shows they appreciated my help ..... particularly after they asked me for it.

• Like 2

I totally agree! I've acquired a wealth of knowledge from reading TV which has helped me with my thought process and decision making. I say thanks to all, who take their time and post valuable info, experiences, stories, etc....... Good luck!

+1..."A Big Thanks for Thai Visa Members" for all their help with many questions.

While we're at it a big thank you also from my wife and I to ThaiVisa, it's Mods and members who have provided us with a lot of great advice over the years. First on getting my wife and her children to Australia initially and then moving us all back again to Thailand. These forums are an ongoing source of good advice, information and also humour on all sorts of topics.

Well done TV!

It's not just visa related things that the members here are so helpful for. From sourcing handicrafts to foodstuffs, along with identifying and cooking instructions for odd veggies seen at the market, giving a name to a particular flower, tree, spider or snake, DIY and gardening help and hundreds of other things I haven't even thought about until I see someone asking for help with or opinions on.

I ignore the whingers, the Negative Nellies and the borderline insane and really appreciate all of the helpful advice I've had over the years.

Thank you for being there for me. wai.gif

• Like 1

Nice topic.

matsky13's post above about old posts is something I can relate too also - have found many useful bits of info over the years from old threads when I needed to research something.

Good source of info - totally unbiased comment of course!! laugh.png

I ignore the whingers, the Negative Nellies and the borderline insane and really appreciate all of the helpful advice I've had over the years.

I've seen plenty of those who made my blood boil sometimes when they start having a go saying that you're not listening to reason and don't want to hear advice from people if it's not the answer I was looking for. Happily, for all the negatives and nay-sayers there have been far more helpful people that have given usable advice. Those people have helped me support my partner, stay in contact with her when she's in Thailand, bring her to the UK on a tourist visa and last year get married.

Next steps for me are a British passport for my baby girl due at the end of March and a settlement visa for the wife, so I too want to add my thanks to all those that have helped so far, and to all those that will help going forward. A particular mention should go out to 7by7 for all his (?) visa advice over the last 12 months or more.

Thanks to the OP too for reminding us how easy it is to recognise people for their contributions, and how sometimes people appreciate those contributions but perhaps forget to say.

• 2 weeks later...