Mercedes Benz dealer, which one is your favorite? And what about car importers ? And maintenance ?

Pick the one closest to you, it should make zero difference as the engineers are highly trained. Prices all the same there is no competition it's take it or leave it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Pick the one closest to you, it should make zero difference as the engineers are highly trained. Prices all the same there is no competition it's take it or leave it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Sales are far to be all the same, some branches treated me as if i wanted to buy 500k Somchai truck when i wanted to buy a 5 millions Benz. I am happy to have reported these BAANOK monkeys to the thai head office as well as in Germany.

• Like 1

Our Company had 3 C Klass from Thonglor, never set foot in the place,they collected mine from Head Office at 9.0 A.M. and returned at Mid Day on the dot. Superb Service..... What a boreing Car though, id have preferd a cheaper cheerfull BM, even though im a grumpy old person Bernard , thanks for the reminder.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Well, if you are used to a quality service like we get in Europe, you will definitely be disappointed here in Thailand. Even though you pay double or more for the car.

The incompetence of the sales persons is amazing and when it come to servicing the car, oh dear!

We had our CLS for a repair, but when I went to pick up the car, the battery was flat, I could not start the engine. They just came with a jumper battery and cables to start my car's engine. Nobody cared to ask, why the battery was empty.

And indeed about a month later I had to change the battery. Price at MB dealer: THB 15,000. Price at Bosch Service Center for identical battery: THB 8,000.00

Don't ask a MB dealer to help you if you have a flat tire. They refuse to come and help. Same if your battery is flat in the morning.

My experience covers MB at Ramintra and MB at Srinakarin.

CLA or the new C class? Which is the better car?

RAZZ

Wait for the new C Class before deciding. The new C Class is due any moment now. Unless of course you hope to find a good deal for an "old" C Class.

CLA is front-wheel-drive, C-Class is rear-wheel-drive. Matter of taste.

(There is a CLA 45 AMG and there is a C 63 AMG in case you need real power! cheesy.gif My info is that the A 45 AMG will be officially imported and sold by MB Thailand. Around 6 Mio)

Well, if you are used to a quality service like we get in Europe, you will definitely be disappointed here in Thailand. Even though you pay double or more for the car.

The incompetence of the sales persons is amazing and when it come to servicing the car, oh dear!

We had our CLS for a repair, but when I went to pick up the car, the battery was flat, I could not start the engine. They just came with a jumper battery and cables to start my car's engine. Nobody cared to ask, why the battery was empty.

And indeed about a month later I had to change the battery. Price at MB dealer: THB 15,000. Price at Bosch Service Center for identical battery: THB 8,000.00

Don't ask a MB dealer to help you if you have a flat tire. They refuse to come and help. Same if your battery is flat in the morning.

Why are you quibbling about a few thousand baht for a battery, when you paid millions of baht more than the car would sell for in any rational car market to buy it? I mean, a big-haired thampuying would never complain...wouldn't even know the cost.

Paying double at the dealer is them giving you a chance to show off your wealth and status to the grease monkeys in the repair bay and the hopefully cute cashier, who you should now be able to bed.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Why are you quibbling about a few thousand baht for a battery, when you paid millions of baht more than the car would sell for in any rational car market to buy it? I mean, a big-haired thampuying would never complain...wouldn't even know the cost.

Paying double at the dealer is them giving you a chance to show off your wealth and status to the grease monkeys in the repair bay and the hopefully cute cashier, who you should now be able to bed.

People can have good taste and money to buy luxuries without being totally stupid at the same time... i will buy a 5mb car but still complain when a monkey tries to sell me his noodles 50 baht...

• Like 2

SIRS

BMW and Porche are so much better, Mercs are for old grumpy people

I resent that!

Actually I don't because I am old and grumpy.

But if you have a Porsche or a BMW, chances are you will eat my dust. (A C63 AMG Coupé with performance package, hehe)

Not if the Porsche has a turbo or a V8 like your '63, and certainly not if there are corners involved wink.pngtongue.png

Edited by IMHO

Generally speaking, you don't get to be in the position to buy a 5M+ Baht car if you don't know how to avoid being ripped off :P

• Like 2

People can have good taste and money to buy luxuries without being totally stupid at the same time... i will buy a 5mb car but still complain when a monkey tries to sell me his noodles 50 baht...

So consider it a luxury battery and stop winging about it.

Generally speaking, you don't get to be in the position to buy a 5M+ Baht car if you don't know how to avoid being ripped off :P

Well since that train left the station when the car was purchased (but the buyer could afford it anyway...good for them) why the concern over B7000? They've already paid 4-5M for a 1.5M car so what's an extra 7k for a battery?

Generally speaking, you don't get to be in the position to buy a 5M+ Baht car if you don't know how to avoid being ripped off tongue.png

Well since that train left the station when the car was purchased (but the buyer could afford it anyway...good for them) why the concern over B7000? They've already paid 4-5M for a 1.5M car so what's an extra 7k for a battery?

Because all those "extra 7K Baht" wasted add up.. eventually enough to buy a 5M+ Baht car, or more :)

As my very first CEO said to me: "The secret to being rich isn't about knowing how to make money - that just takes hard work - it's about knowing how to spend it" ;)

• Like 2

SIRS

BMW and Porche are so much better, Mercs are for old grumpy people

Dear Bernard,

How can you possibly compare a BMW or a Merc to a Porsche (even if you don't know how to spell it)

I have a 911S garaged back in the UK and believe me it is quite simply and undeniably King of the Road. To buy even a 2nd hand one here - you need serious money to waste. I bought instead the SLK350AMG and I've yet to meet another car on Thai roads to beat it (although I did shy away from a Lamborghini last week).

On the windy single carriage roads between Bangkok & Isaan - unbelievable performance!

But my UK 911S still looks and sounds better - performance? The 911 still has the edge.

Generally speaking, you don't get to be in the position to buy a 5M+ Baht car if you don't know how to avoid being ripped off tongue.png

Because all those "extra 7K Baht" wasted add up.. eventually enough to buy a 5M+ Baht car, or more :)

As my very first CEO said to me: "The secret to being rich isn't about knowing how to make money - that just takes hard work - it's about knowing how to spend it" ;)

Exactly!

And that's why the poor will always be poor - even if their dream of the winning the lottery ever came true. The same goes for a lot of the Master Baters on here!

Count the cents and the dollars look after themselves - not sure who said that.

• Like 1

Well that test is flunked by anyone who buys any of these European makes in Thailand. And your missing my point entirely about all the 7k baht extras...the rich Thais revel in all these opportunities to flaunt their wealth to the dealership staff...in fact, they positively live for these opportunities. I thought it was the same for Western buyers too in. It's great you guys can buy these cars but it sorta punctures the illusion when you start winging about a few thousand baht for replacement batteries and such.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Well that test is flunked by anyone who buys any of these European makes in Thailand. And your missing my point entirely about all the 7k baht extras...the rich Thais revel in all these opportunities to flaunt their wealth to the dealership staff...in fact, they positively live for these opportunities. I thought it was the same for Western buyers too in. It's great you guys can buy these cars but it sorta punctures the illusion when you start winging about a few thousand baht for replacement batteries and such.

Let other's poppy's grow tall, even if your's can't

• Like 1

Let other's poppy's grow tall, even if your's can't

Your poppies are tall but you winge at a measly 7000 baht so your 5m baht vehicle will run...what's with that? Maybe they're looking a little droopy lately.