Have the BKK protests pushed Patt's numbers up ?

MrWorldwide

OK - I know Pattaya is a lot more than the Central Pattaya circus, but if the reports are correct, numbers are down in the usual BKK Farang hangouts - 'high season' is looking more like low season for some. Just wondered if Pattaya has also suffered, or actually gained from the ongoing madness in BKK.

Thanks.

MrWW

Pattaya is packed.

I am not a big bar goer but the streets , shopping centres, traffic, songtaews are chockers.

Same for hotels I believe

Agreed. Bars doing well too. It's been quite a good high season. Traffic's still terrible: sit at the corner of Sois Buakhaow and Diana any afternoon and marvel why there aren't more accidents.

Every year doomsayers come out of the woodwork to proclaim a dead high season. Small business owners (farang) are notorious poor mouths every year. Pay no attention.

Go survey the food vendors in the Central food court and see if they say business has been bad! :)

Pattaya is packed.

I am not a big bar goer but the streets , shopping centres, traffic, songtaews are chockers.

Same for hotels I believe

Agreed. Bars doing well too. It's been quite a good high season. Traffic's still terrible: sit at the corner of Sois Buakhaow and Diana any afternoon and marvel why there aren't more accidents.

Every year doomsayers come out of the woodwork to proclaim a dead high season. Small business owners (farang) are notorious poor mouths every year. Pay no attention.

Go survey the food vendors in the Central food court and see if they say business has been bad! :)

Now the election is over the extra business from bangkok to Pattaya should go back to normal, at least until the inevitable next time.