Best 3G/4G Data Plan in Pattaya? and how to apply?

koeko

there is no 4G in pattaya

and in Pattaya AIS got most towers coverst largest area

I wish you didn't spread misinformation, post after post, repeating there is no 4G coverage in Pattaya! There very much is,

True Move will sell you their prepaid 'Unlimited' 4G package of 10Gb for 899b, not a bad price at all, considering its dl speed averages 40Mbps!

To OP, after being away for summer months, and returning here, I recently asked similar question in ThaiVisa Mobile sub forum, very helpful sub forum btw, and got very quick, useful and correct info.

If you need lots of bandwith, nothing beats Dtac's prepaid 'Unlimited' 12Gb 3G plan, 799b, this is very good price, and I can verify Dtac 3G is very fast in both Pattaya and Bangkok, and the service has not been down not even once.

I use True Move 4G (the one that does not exist in Pattaya, according to user 'mataleo') on my other device, it is MUCH faster, so depends on your needs. I'll post True Move 4G speed test result when I get home.

Edit, I add a Dtac 3G Speedtest screencap, Speetest done about 200m from Royal Garden, Pattaya

post-225090-0-96899700-1416257586_thumb.

Edited by whitemouse

In my post above this, in a hurry to edit post I upped a wrong screencap, it is some wifi test, and too late now to edit post, so pls disregard!

Following are 2 Speedtest screencaps, Dtac 3G and True Move 4G:

post-225090-0-04489300-1416259143_thumb.

post-225090-0-40071700-1416259223_thumb.

To user 'mataleo', claiming there is no 4G in Pattaya, please take a look at upload speed, not dl, upload, it is increadibly fast for Thailand, and this is 4G speed, no 2 ways about it. So maybe drop the 'There Is No 4G in Pattaya' nonsence?

Mataleo, I wont tell you wich screencap pic, but a hint.. There is 4G logo on a display notification bar on one of them, clearly visible on the screencap.

You may now argue that 4 does not really mean 'four', you keep repeating it in several posts. But repeating it doesnt make it so. If you still insist there is no 4G coverage in Pattaya, I give up. All 4G users here are wrong, and you are right. You seem confident enough, I wouldnt be bit surprised if you claim we all wrong lol.

I just wish you wouldn't give bad, factually incorrect advice to board members, people make decisions based on what is told here, posting obvious bs is no help, and may actually be serious disservice to people, who are unfortunate enough to follow your clueless advise and opinion.

TV is a great place to get real, useable, accurate advise, not some wildly inaccurate crap, that you keep posting,

there is no 4G in pattaya

Forgot to add "when using AIS"

True has a lot of 4g

Not forgot.

None of the networks got 4G in Pattaya period.

In Pattaya there is 3G

You dont know what 4G is then.

And here u got true h 4G coverage map

There is no pattaya on map or list

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/truemoveh4g/en/index.html#pane04

And you don't know how to search for info, if you look for province Chonburi you will clearly see that Pattaya has 4G coverage.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/truemoveh4g/en/index.html#pane04

post-47137-0-74944300-1416262811_thumb.p

Edited by Baxer

Thanks guys.... I sometimes wonder about the intent of these guys spreading slander. It's either wilful or ignorance

As per my 4G thread I linked above, I have been all over Thailand and am getting 4g in many key cities. Even in the boon dogs, Surat Thani airport, there was 4g.

Having seen the ofcom report last week, It looks like Thailand has better 4g thank UK. Does not surprise me, as the average speed in broadband in UK is now lower than Thailand. Go figure

Edited by skippybangkok
  • Like 1

Time to get a new phone + right SIM in your phone. Your comments are either pure slander or you have wrong device / sim

Here is an old thread - tons of 4g already March 2014.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/708281-true-4g-coverage-post-your-locations/

Here are pre / post 3G /4g SIM packages

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/sim-truemoveh

I have posted maybe 6 months back about tons of 3G in Pattaya.

You won't find allot of 4g in buildings are it requires IB network and 2100 sucks with in building penetration. ( just ask AIS 2100 MHz users )

I got top phone Samsung galaxy s5

It got LTE option is settimgs and download booster that use wifi and 4g same time

When u turn it on it says not supported by network.

I got true h sim and ais

Time to get a new phone + right SIM in your phone. Your comments are either pure slander or you have wrong device / sim

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/708281-true-4g-coverage-post-your-locations/

You won't find allot of 4g in buildings are it requires IB network and 2100 sucks with in building penetration. ( just ask AIS 2100 MHz users )

It got LTE option is settimgs and download booster that use wifi and 4g same time

I got true h sim and ais

That's odd.

LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600 - SM-G900F

LTE 700 / 850 / 1700 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600 - SM-G900A

LTE 700 / 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600 - SM-G900M

LTE 700/850/900/1700/1800/1900/2100/2600 - SM-G900T

The frequencies are all covered. True and DTAC use 2100 MHz LTE

Perhaps your SIM needs updating.

I got true h sim and ais

That's odd.

I pretty sure ais use 2100mhz too

Do u know if ais has 4g in pattaya?

I got true h sim and ais

That's odd.

I pretty sure ais use 2100mhz too

Do u know if ais has 4g in pattaya?

I've not seen any reports of AIS 4G in Pattaya.

You need to get a hold on a suitable TrueMove SIM

They couldn't let those foreign companies get a jump on our beloved TRUE. smile.png

In my post above this, in a hurry to edit post I upped a wrong screencap, it is some wifi test, and too late now to edit post, so pls disregard!

Following are 2 Speedtest screencaps, Dtac 3G and True Move 4G:

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-11-18-04-04-46.png

attachicon.gifTrue Speedtest Pattaya Nov 18.png

To user 'mataleo', claiming there is no 4G in Pattaya, please take a look at upload speed, not dl, upload, it is increadibly fast for Thailand, and this is 4G speed, no 2 ways about it. So maybe drop the 'There Is No 4G in Pattaya' nonsence?

Mataleo, I wont tell you wich screencap pic, but a hint.. There is 4G logo on a display notification bar on one of them, clearly visible on the screencap.

You may now argue that 4 does not really mean 'four', you keep repeating it in several posts. But repeating it doesnt make it so. If you still insist there is no 4G coverage in Pattaya, I give up. All 4G users here are wrong, and you are right. You seem confident enough, I wouldnt be bit surprised if you claim we all wrong lol.

I just wish you wouldn't give bad, factually incorrect advice to board members, people make decisions based on what is told here, posting obvious bs is no help, and may actually be serious disservice to people, who are unfortunate enough to follow your clueless advise and opinion.

TV is a great place to get real, useable, accurate advise, not some wildly inaccurate crap, that you keep posting,

I was wrong

Sorry guys

I had outdated info

And on my true h

4G never showed up

I will update sim

But then again i bought that sim 2 weeks ago...

Thx and sorry for miss info

Edited by mataleo

Dtac is more reliable than AIS , I have used both. Dtac coversge in Pattaya/Jomtien is great, the speed can be variable depending on the time of day, but overall I would say Dtac gives best value for money. I'm on a postpaid subscription but should be the same with prepaid.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

I had problems with True. First, they were often slow. Second, I found their service was extremely patchy. For example, nothing at all in Phuket.

What a load of trollup. I have been from phi phi to Phuket in the ferry, even mid water get 3G from true. Same with the ferry from Samui to Surat Thani

If any company is seriously behind in 3G, it's Dtac

What a load of trollop, I assure you I certainly did had coverage problems with True and many others have experienced the same thing. The fact you may or may not have seen one or two bars on your phone when on a ferry really says very little. The fact I couldn't connect to the Internet or make calls when in Phuket, however, says a lot.

Agreed paddyjenkins. But I will say "what a load of codswallop" from skippy. I had two years of misery with TrueMove H (wanted off True but number portability was a mess at the time). From Bangkok to Pattaya, True was the most undependable voice and data service in my Thailand experience. Switched to DTAC and am very happy. Not once has DTAC let me down, even in severe storms! I've been using it a lot recently as a personal hotspot due to recent poor service in my apartment complex. Made me think I will get a DTAC aircard.

• Like 1

I had problems with True. First, they were often slow. Second, I found their service was extremely patchy. For example, nothing at all in Phuket.

What a load of trollup. I have been from phi phi to Phuket in the ferry, even mid water get 3G from true. Same with the ferry from Samui to Surat Thani

If any company is seriously behind in 3G, it's Dtac

What a load of trollop, I assure you I certainly did had coverage problems with True and many others have experienced the same thing. The fact you may or may not have seen one or two bars on your phone when on a ferry really says very little. The fact I couldn't connect to the Internet or make calls when in Phuket, however, says a lot.

Agreed paddyjenkins. But I will say "what a load of codswallop" from skippy. I had two years of misery with TrueMove H (wanted off True but number portability was a mess at the time). From Bangkok to Pattaya, True was the most undependable voice and data service in my Thailand experience. Switched to DTAC and am very happy. Not once has DTAC let me down, even in severe storms! I've been using it a lot recently as a personal hotspot due to recent poor service in my apartment complex. Made me think I will get a DTAC aircard.

Yes, what a load of trollop and codswollop from skippy, hope other readers understood what poppycock he was spewing out.

Just to come back on topic and contribute. If you want 3G on your mobile just go to any 7-11 and buy a TRUE MOVE H Tourist SIM. Costs 49. Then take one of them cards to the counter, 3 GB of 3G for 399 Baht a month including VAT.

The cashier will give you a 14-digit number. Insert the SIM in you phone, wait 2 minutes, pop in the 14 digits and you got 1 month of really fast 3G, no registration needed. You don't need to cancel as this is prepaid.

My wife bought a True move H 3G+ WIFI. It is about the size of a small Nokia phone and can be used for up to 10 connections. Has its own internal battery that can be charged as you use it or you can connect it to your computer via USB of stand alone. I used it all over Thailand last month where we could not get a good connection from hotel WIFI connections. Worked like a charm. Cost of WIFI was about TB 990 with Air Card and TB699 for 6GB per month. Very fast any where we were. Can be topped up at any True shop.

My wife bought a True move H 3G+ WIFI. It is about the size of a small Nokia phone and can be used for up to 10 connections. Has its own internal battery that can be charged as you use it or you can connect it to your computer via USB of stand alone. I used it all over Thailand last month where we could not get a good connection from hotel WIFI connections. Worked like a charm. Cost of WIFI was about TB 990 with Air Card and TB699 for 6GB per month. Very fast any where we were. Can be topped up at any True shop.

Mobile WiFi or MiFi.

I have a few of them, unlocked.

Mobile WiFi or MiFi.

you can use ur mobile phone and tether / share internet from it.

Even older phones can do that...

No need that device air card or whatever it is...

Just buy package and share it from phone..

U can see it in my s5 under Mobile Hotspot

post-62192-14168043037824_thumb.png

Mobile WiFi or MiFi.

WiFi They have them at all True Move shops.

Mobile WiFi or MiFi.

WiFi They have them at all True Move shops.

They are called Mobile WiFi or MiFi.

3G AIS vs True H

Sattahip

A detailed image for this result can be found here: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1052626166

Test Date: 30 พ.ย. 2557 15:10

Download: 5.06 Mbps

Upload: 1.38 Mbps

Ping: 117 ms

Connection Type: Cellular

Server: Bangkok

External IP: 49.230.162.241

Internal IP: 10.232.245.118

Latitude: 12.7235

Longitude: 100.9024

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=12.723531,100.902422

Screenshot is True H