Residence Certificate and Medical

willyumcr

Today I went to Immigration. I had downloaded the "application for residency" on the internet. I went to information desk and got a waiting number. I looked up and noticed I was next. Turned in all necessary paperwork and was told to come back in 1/2 hour. Went up the street and got medical certificate next to 7-11 on 2nd road. went back to immigration and picked up my Residence certificate. Total time.1/2 hour. Very fast and efficient. smile.png

Was at Immigration on Tuesday for a residency certificate. Had a similar experience to the OP except that I was no.4 in the queue. Took about 10mins to reach my turn then a 30min wait for the certificate. Great service..

Attended the DL centre the following day. A bit longer for that experience - about 3 hours. It was my initial application for a licence, but was happy to walk out with both a car and a motorcycle temporary licence, valid for 1 year.

Been putting off obtaining a Thai licence - been driving on an IDP - but finally made the effort.

• Like 1

Was at Immigration on Tuesday for a residency certificate. Had a similar experience to the OP except that I was no.4 in the queue. Took about 10mins to reach my turn then a 30min wait for the certificate. Great service..

Attended the DL centre the following day. A bit longer for that experience - about 3 hours. It was my initial application for a licence, but was happy to walk out with both a car and a motorcycle temporary licence, valid for 1 year.

Been putting off obtaining a Thai licence - been driving on an IDP - but finally made the effort.

I just obtained my residency and medical certificates and am about to head over for my first license.

Can you explain a bit more about the process there?

Thanks!

I just obtained my residency and medical certificates and am about to head over for my first license.

Can you explain a bit more about the process there?

Thanks!

Have added a post, with my DL experience, to the pinned topic on licences.

• Like 1