Shoemaker for tailor-made leather shoes?

welovesundaysatspace

There's a string of places right under Nana Skytrain stop that has a sign about custom leather shoes made to order. There are a bunch of Indian places huddled together that do the usual suits there also. The touts stand outside.

I may do this shoe deal since I wear a 50 EU (15.5-16 US) and can't find my size anywhere. I'm hesitant about fit however, since it's pretty rare to find a good fit even when your trying on your size. Maybe they solve this when they measure it out??? I don't know if I would be expected to pay if they were made and I was unsatisfied. Seems like these guys are just desperate for any sale, dealing with them if there was a problem would be a nightmare (guy stands there screaming in Pakistani holding a shoe to my head).

There's a string of places right under Nana Skytrain stop that has a sign about custom leather shoes made to order. There are a bunch of Indian places huddled together that do the usual suits there also. The touts stand outside.

I may do this shoe deal since I wear a 50 EU (15.5-16 US) and can't find my size anywhere. I'm hesitant about fit however, since it's pretty rare to find a good fit even when your trying on your size. Maybe they solve this when they measure it out??? I don't know if I would be expected to pay if they were made and I was unsatisfied. Seems like these guys are just desperate for any sale, dealing with them if there was a problem would be a nightmare (guy stands there screaming in Pakistani holding a shoe to my head).

Exactly what happened to me. Showed them a photo, they measured my feet, gave them a deposit. A week later came back to some poorly made shoes. The choice was give them the rest of the payment and take the shoes, or walk away without the shoes and deposit.

The only thing I didn't try, and perhaps I should have, was call the tourist police.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

don't buy anything from those Indians suits shoes ect.. you thin you ever see an indian with a good pair of shoes.. nope don't exisit..

they are cheaps who deal with tourists.. there was shoddy chinese talors in the 50s in the same shop fronts scamming british soldiers on RnR

there is some leather workers in bkk most can not do a shoe...the don't have the machines or training..

there was a shop in jatujak markets with custom shoes.. and there is guys making leather sandals there so you could ask..

there is a few guys on line making riding gear but theyer not in bkk and minagine prices about the same as us or northern Europe ..