Powder coating supplies? Anyone tell me where to get the powder?

robsamui

You don't use the chipping hammers till after your finished some of the welding. Then if you've done a good job you just hit the steel a few times and the slag falls off. I like to de-slag twice as quick! :

If one is really good the slag will be lifting off on its own, like a dead caterpillar, as the welding proceeds!

I luv that when it happens!

I have a Thai missus and even she has trouble communicating my needs to some Thai people. Take for example a welders chipping hammer. After describing what it's used for they go and rummage around in the back of the store and come out with a ballpien hammer! Luckily my daughter bought 2 in Oz and they can over with her at xmas.

And by the way, there are no welders chipping hammers in Pattaya....except for my 2!

Why not just go to the lincoln welder shop in laem chabang.

Exactly where is that?

Sorry I can't say exactly. If you're coming from siracha its on sukhumvit on your left before Laem Chabang. Its a decent size shop with Lincoln electric signs. I have never been in there personally just past it many times.

And thanks for the suggestion, the guy who told me that it was amazing how much I could discover if I got away from my keyboard and started looking around. I thought the whole idea of using internet technology was to avoid having to take two years off work and hiking all over Thailand knocking on every door. But I must have got that one all wrong . . .

That was me. facepalm.gif Maybe not literally but my experience is that most things are available here but it does take legwork, I have spent days wandering around China town looking for stuff. Sometime I find a shop and then even having a business card I still have difficulty finding the place again. Living on a small tropical island not know for its industrial output does not help your cause. Add to that that the processes you are interested in are all B2B and not retail means that companies involved do not need flashy websites to draw attention to their products.

Then again if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Did you send Richard a PM yet?

Ah - get your drift now.

Richard? No I didn't.

I'm not looking for a business partner, and I didn't fancy getting laughed endlessly at.

R

The key is to search for the right components, powder coating is best described as a way to bring a coating onto a surface. The words “powder coating” is probably not used by somebody in the industry to look for suppliers.

It's the same idea if you search the Internet for “two-wheelers with engine in Thailand” and complain that you not find any of the famous Japanese or other motorcycle manufacturers...

If I wanted to use the Internet to find supplies for powder coating I would search for “thermoset polymer powder Thailand” or “thermoplastic powder Thailand”....

I hope it helps....

The key is to search for the right components, powder coating is best described as a way to bring a coating onto a surface. The words “powder coating” is probably not used by somebody in the industry to look for suppliers.

It's the same idea if you search the Internet for “two-wheelers with engine in Thailand” and complain that you not find any of the famous Japanese or other motorcycle manufacturers...

If I wanted to use the Internet to find supplies for powder coating I would search for “thermoset polymer powder Thailand” or “thermoplastic powder Thailand”....

I hope it helps....

you forgot to " laughed endlessly " ....coffee1.gif