5,000 baht Click dies in burst of smoke! (though no visible flame)

ClareQuilty

^

yep coarse i did I'm well known on the forum for making things up........had a business here for 6 years which sometimes involved renting bikes out.

you must be one of them ferang that gets overcharged for everything.......i suppose you pay 200 bht x 30 to rent a new click for 1 month 6000 bht a month lol

Not quite. Beside that I own a bike not rent, the fair price for monthly rent of a new Click is Bt 3,500 anywhere.

Your claim of 2,000 is unrealistic and nobody here will back it up.

A few years back I rented a brand new Suzuki Hayate for 2k per month here in Pattaya. Turns out the guy would get them on the drip and never make a payment on them..... he was getting 3 to 4 months rent on em before they got repossessed.

He had about 50 scooters on the go.

• Like 1

A few years back I rented a brand new Suzuki Hayate for 2k per month here in Pattaya. Turns out the guy would get them on the drip and never make a payment on them..... he was getting 3 to 4 months rent on em before they got repossessed.

He had about 50 scooters on the go.

He must have been getting them in others people names or corruption, because "blacklisting" for bad credit is very real and enforced in Thailand.

^
yep coarse i did I'm well known on the forum for making things up........had a business here for 6 years which sometimes involved renting bikes out.
you must be one of them ferang that gets overcharged for everything.......i suppose you pay 200 bht x 30 to rent a new click for 1 month 6000 bht a month lol

Not quite. Beside that I own a bike not rent, the fair price for monthly rent of a new Click is Bt 3,500 anywhere.

Your claim of 2,000 is unrealistic and nobody here will back it up.

ok you know it all and I'm a liar.................not here to argue

p.s spoon man has just backed it up with another post .............

loads of the bike rentals operate that way get the bikes on credit rent them out for two years then sell them on.

Edited by taninthai

^

Jesus what is your problem ,they are not renting every bike they have out at 2000 bht amonth ,do you think every tourist rents a bike for a month ,obviously they prefer to rent per day,but when the big rental shops have say 40-50 bikes there is no harm in renting a few out at a cheap monthly rate.

Do I really need to explain all this to you ,honestly it's like dealing with a small child.

Don't get nervous, no need to invoke divinities, you must be right, as that seems so important to you, I will leave the last word to you:

Fair monthly rent for of a new Click Bt. 2,000 otherwise you're a sucker.

OK ? Can you move on now ?

Edited by paz

Haha, funny debate. Yes, its true - people go into business to make money, not give things away :D

Today I went to visit the Click in the repair shop and found it totally denuded - all the panels removed and the wiring exposed. Sure enough, most of the wires were fried. He said the battery checked out fine in terms of holding a charge though, but he hadn't checked the lights yet obviously.

So, we wait for the price-quote on an all new 'wiring harness'. Will report as it materializes.

(and yes, no photo as the poor bike is not looking its best all in pieces like that.)

I will post a pic of another of my little cuties:

DSC00222.jpg

A perfect classic Honda Nova. This little bike cost 6,000 baht, is in like new condition as you can see, with the clutchless transmission, 105cc two stroke engine, and a front disk brake. Bike drives and stops as well as any new Wave/Click, etc

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this Click back today.. the total bill was a heart-stopping 1,500 baht. Bike seems fine now though. The biggest part of the 'wiring harness' they ordered new, but some parts they just kind of pieced together with separate new wires. Had they ordered all new it would have been another thousand baht, they said.