transferring money into my paypal account

I have a bank account with Kasikorn bank which I've linked to my paypal account so it's easy to transfer funds from paypal into it. However I can't see how to perform vice versa, funds back into paypal, the internet page says it must be a US account to do that, the page mentions moneypak but I'm not sure they are in Thailand.

Is the only way to go to the Post Office and pay cash into my paypal account?

Nobody else has replied, so I'll give you my experience.

PayPal's policy for transferring money into, or loading your PayPal account varies widely depending on which country your account is registered in. My EU based account can be loaded by internet-banking from my EU bank.

My wife's Thai based PayPal account can only be loaded by credit card and I was told by their office for Thailand in Singapore(?) that it was impossible to load or top-up the PP account from a Thai Bank.

It sounds like you may have a US based account.

It would be great if it were possible to do this with small amounts at PayAtPost or 7/11, or counterservice. I have no information on that. It would be nice to know. Please update this thread if you get any updated info.

Based on my personal experience with Paypal and that of many others, I prefer not to have anything to do with PayPal. Sometimes they come in handy though.

Edited by 96tehtarp

When it comes to "pulling" money from a Thai bank Thailand can be like the Land of Frowns; but "sending" money to a Thai bank Thailand is the Land of Smiles.

It's like below quotes from Bangkok Bank webpages talking about PayPal and ibanding funds transfers. Even though these are quotes from Bangkok Bank I expect the policy is based on Bank of Thailand regulations and an identical/similar policy exists at other Thai banks.

Plus, don't forget about the crappy PayPal exchange rate which is usually around 2 to 3% lower (i.e., basically a hidden fee) than the Thai bank TT Buying Rate.

Important note:

• PayPal may send two small deposit amounts into your account and request your confirmation. We recommend you do not respond to this request, as it is only applicable to those who maintain their accounts with banks in the US, and is designed to allow PayPal to automatically debit your Bangkok Bank account. Bangkok Bank will not allow PayPal to debit and transfer funds from your account with us to the US.

Important Note

You cannot transfer funds from Bangkok Bank's account in Thailand to your account with banks or online payment service providers in the US via Bangkok Bank's New York branch and the ACH system. If you initiate direct debit or ACH debit transactions to Bangkok Bank's New York branch, banks in the US and online payment service providers may suspend your account.

I don't know about a direct link to Kasikorn but it is certainly possible to link a Paypal account to an Amex card issued in Thailand. Your Paypal account will draw funds automatically from the Amex card when needed, which will in turn draw payment in full from your bank account every month (which could be a Kasikorn account).

• 2 weeks later...

As far a PayPal is concerned their rules are country specific. My US PayPal account does not require a US bank account but uses my US based credit card for payments. My Thai PayPal account requires a Thai bank and when I applied the only option for bank account it gave me that I could use was my Bangkok Bank account using my BB ATM card number. They did allow the use of my US based credit card while they verified the bank account

Once the BB account had been verified the US based credit card could no longer be used and when trying to add it to my Thai PayPal account it was refused since PayPal would only allow a Thai based credit card to be linked

I only opened a Thai PayPal account because some merchants (notably China and Hong Kong) will only ship to a verified PayPal address and the only way to get my Thai address verified was via a Thai PayPal account

PayPal for Thailand is handled out of Singapore and their Customer Service Representatives speak excellent English so either email them or call with your inquiries

https://www.paypal.com/th/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/home/?action=callus#

• Like 1