Chalerm expects explosions to happen every night at PDRC rally sites

webfact

Haha. 50+ posts, mostly from pro-Suthep posters, congratulating themselves and urging each other, each trying to outdo the other as to who can come up with the most original insult. Glad to see you all having fun though - fun being a rare and precious commodity nowadays.

With all the combined intelligence of all the posters, not one post (with the exception of RobbyNZ's) tries to dig below the surface and ask the question of who and why.

Who is launching these attacks? And why? Whether it's the govt or rogue elements of reds, isn't anyone curious as to the motivation behind the attackers? Robby raised the possibility that this is to justify the SOE. However, since the govt has not to date really enforced the SOE, I'm not sure that this could be the reason.

If it is red shirts who are intent on killing and maiming, why hasn't there been more casualties?

If it's the PDRC themselves, why? By all accounts (according to the TV posters), they are winning.

My guess is that it's random individuals who are fed up with the protests, random individuals whose livelihood may have been damaged by the protests. I know for example that the bars in cowboy has been badly affected. So far, fortunately, there have been no violence or attacks or any attempt to close this protest site. However, business owners at other sites might not be as tolerant.

For a change, it would be nice to read a thread devoid of stupid and childish insults and name calling. I won't hold my breath though.

Your theory that bar-owners or other business people badly affected by the protests might suddenly decide to commit murder is ridiculous. Even if this sudden homicidal urge overcame them, where do they access M-79s and grenades? Do you think they are available from the 7-11 (though your friendly neighbourhood police sergeant had grenades for sale to the redshirts in 2010)? Are these the sort of (highly illegal) weapons kept in the closet for home protection?

Think back to 2010 and you might remember who used them to terrorise their opponents and the people of BKK.

• Like 1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PDRC behind latest blasts: Chalerm
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said yesterday he expected bomb explosions to become a nightly occurrence at People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) rally sites.

Chalerm, who is also director of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order, was referring to the two M79 grenade attacks on Thursday night at the rally site in Chaeng Wattana, suggesting protesters had staged the attacks themselves.

"The government is soft so it's unlikely it will be behind violence. Those who want violence have to create it themselves," Chalerm said.

He added that police had offered to the check the scene of the grenade attack, but PDRC security guards would not let them enter the area.

"The police are ready to go in, but if they do, there will be clashes and I will be criticised for using violence against them," Chalerm said.

He added that the CMPO would try and reclaim the Interior Ministry from protesters by Tuesday.

"If they don't leave the ministry, we will have to take legal action. I'm concerned about the Interior Ministry because it is important," Chalerm said. "If we can't open it after the four-day deadline passes, the CMPO will lose control."

The Chaeng Wattana rally site became the latest target on Thursday night when unknown men fired the grenades into the crowd, most of whom were sleeping. Fortunately, the grenades landed near a medical tent and a toilet and nobody was injured.

National Security Council chief Lt-General Paradorn Pattanatabut also claimed the firing of M-79 grenades at the Chaeng Wattana site on Thursday night was a strategy adopted by rally leaders to attract attention and incite the authorities to use violence.

He added that the PDRC needed to adjust its strategy because fewer and fewer people were joining their rallies.

Paradorn also said PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban could lead another march down the streets of Bangkok to seek more supporters. He explained that the number of people taking part in the rallies had decreased because the CMPO had cut financial PDRC's finances by summoning groups or companies suspected of funding them for questioning.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-08

The leaderships of both main groups in this crisis are like annelids fossilised in amber, there is no movement at all just stubborn stasis. If they dig their heels in any more they will strike oil. Its going to be a grueling summer, one way or another. Sadness.

This thread doesn't feel complete-I nominate myself to represent the "others"...here goes...

I cant believe some posters-do you honestly believe this courageous man, one of few that are willing to stand up to the facsist kwaai brother of Kim Jong Un, would really orchestrate such attacks? Please send me a source,not a newspaprr source, but a live source. Also, yingluck is hot, Mark is a <deleted> and you all hate democracy

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm glad to see at least someone from the other side brave enough to step in here. But your post is so much more sensible and serious than the typical other side response that I think you must be an imposter.

This thread doesn't feel complete-I nominate myself to represent the "others"...here goes...

I cant believe some posters-do you honestly believe this courageous man, one of few that are willing to stand up to the facsist kwaai brother of Kim Jong Un, would really orchestrate such attacks? Please send me a source,not a newspaprr source, but a live source. Also, yingluck is hot, Mark is a <deleted> and you all hate democracy

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Haha. 50+ posts, mostly from pro-Suthep posters, congratulating themselves and urging each other, each trying to outdo the other as to who can come up with the most original insult. Glad to see you all having fun though - fun being a rare and precious commodity nowadays.

With all the combined intelligence of all the posters, not one post (with the exception of RobbyNZ's) tries to dig below the surface and ask the question of who and why.

Who is launching these attacks? And why? Whether it's the govt or rogue elements of reds, isn't anyone curious as to the motivation behind the attackers? Robby raised the possibility that this is to justify the SOE. However, since the govt has not to date really enforced the SOE, I'm not sure that this could be the reason.

If it is red shirts who are intent on killing and maiming, why hasn't there been more casualties?

If it's the PDRC themselves, why? By all accounts (according to the TV posters), they are winning.

My guess is that it's random individuals who are fed up with the protests, random individuals whose livelihood may have been damaged by the protests. I know for example that the bars in cowboy has been badly affected. So far, fortunately, there have been no violence or attacks or any attempt to close this protest site. However, business owners at other sites might not be as tolerant.

For a change, it would be nice to read a thread devoid of stupid and childish insults and name calling. I won't hold my breath though.

Excuse me, but this thread is about thuggish clowns like Chalerm and Paradorn making completely ridiculous and unsubstantiated statements and you want serious analysis in response? The only response either of them deserve is relentless riducule,

Amen.

"There is a time to cry and a time to laugh"

This thread is condemned to be ridicule, because the header is a laugh.

crazy.gif

Edited by MGP

What I love about this blog, is that people here see through the politicians like X-ray. All the posts provide feasible explanations about the truth behind what politicians say.

This blog is instant interpretation of all the bullshit that goes on. When I want the REAL NEWS, I come here. Much more accurate than taking what politicians say at face value!!!!

Thank you, my fellow bloggers for maintaining your high standards of journalism.... and humor! lols

Today is Saturday, the day after Chalerm predicted there would be regular explosions at the protest sites and guess what? Early this morning someone threw a giant firecracker at the Chaengwattana protest site!!!

How did he know? lols

The only question who threw it? Did he? His sons? Adul? Wimol? Yingluck?

Happy Halloween, Chalerm.

Today is Saturday, the day after Chalerm predicted there would be regular explosions at the protest sites and guess what? Early this morning someone threw a giant firecracker at the Chaengwattana protest site!!!

How did he know? lols

The only question who threw it? Did he? His sons? Adul? Wimol? Yingluck?

Happy Halloween, Chalerm.

Yep. And don't forget another important question: Why the Police never arrest the bad guys?

Well, just as Chalerm predicted, a couple of M79s were just thrown at the protesters at Chaeng Wattana. Must ask him about the winning lottery number next time!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, just as Chalerm predicted, a couple of M79s were just thrown at the protesters at Chaeng Wattana. Must ask him about the winning lottery number next time!

Where I come from Chalerm would right now be under the bright lamp being interrogated as the prime suspect.

• Like 1

Without wishing to get into a weapons geek argument, but let's call it what it is. An M79 is a grenade launcher, so actually 2 grenades landed in the CW site causing injuries.

Chalerm is reliable with his predictions even though his threats need work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M79_grenade_launcher