would you still feel comfortable in your home country?

Crazy chef 1

I have business, personal and family ties to the Old Country AND Thailand.

I enjoy planning extended trips to BOTH. And I enjoy the passive stimulus of re-immersion in BOTH.

I keep apartments in BOTH.

I speak the official languages of BOTH.

I have grown children in BOTH.

And I can come and go to and from BOTH as I please.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind a little upgrade of Thailand's expat population but if hanging with the usual suspects means after hours life WITHOUT the p!ss!ing matches I'll accept the shortfalls.

And if fielding nosey accusative pejorative dinner table enquiry from the clapped-out home-country matrons were avoidable I would spend more time in the Old Country.

Jealousy and envy emerge in ways specific to each environment I guess.

Living well is the best revenge as they say but it does attract a lot of envy.

But. . . . generally, life IS good . . . . . . in BOTH. ;-)

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been in SE Asia, Australia and New Zealand since 1995, but 80% of the time in Thailand. I was born in London in 1953. I still have property in East London and Torbay, Devon. I can't wait to go back home. I am sick of the sun and the lack of any aesthetically pleasing counrtyside. Everywhere here is the same, when you travel its like a hamster on a wheel, very boring. If all you want to do is drink beer and sit outside a bar looking for girls, then, yes, Thailand is great, Philippines even better for that. However, I am a day person and an outdoor person. I rarelt imbibe alcohol and the girls here really bore me stupid. Anyway, It is just too hot. In April I am returning to UK permanantly. I was there for 6 months last summer and one month in December last year,, I was so happy there. Yes, I am financially solvent, I retired when I was 41, and I just love it back in England. I'm going home !!

I have been in Asia since 1990, no way to I want to go home.

Everywhere is the same, sorry far from it, get your sorry ass down to Chan, helps if you can actually speak and read Thai of course.

Not interested in girls or bars, its hard enough trying to find an a/c snooker hall.

Phillipines, gimme a break what a effin shithole.

The girls bore you stupid, can you actually speak to them in their language?

Sound more like another cash strapped coffin dodger.

Best you move to a ground floor room asap.

Are you able to read ? Travelling around this country everything looks the same with a few exceptions.

Philippines is an effin shithole yes, I agree, but I stated if ALL you want is booze and birds........ far better than here.

Yes, the girls here so boring, and yes I can speak Thai and Laos quite fluently. I don't know you, but the chances are that my grasp of the language is far better than yours. In general I have no problem speaking Thai or Laos. Often, expecialy females, hate it because my Thai is so good and they REALLY hate it when I speak Laos to them. They don't realise why themselves, but it is because they can't control me and lead me around everywhere. I had one girl say I was Kee nok (Worthless) and why? When asked she explained it was because I can speak Laos. hahahahahah !

Cash strapped, hahahaha another hilarious comment. I have property in the Centre of the East end in London and two lovely properties in Torbay.

I have other assets too. No, money really isn't a problem for me, except what to spend it on.

I may kill myself from boredom here but never because of money. so so funny !

Mayber it is you that has all these problems. You have to stay here so you force yourself to like the place, where are you ? Pattaya LOL

You or I may not care to admit it, we have more in common than we care to admit.

Conratulations on your language ability, I have never got beyond "pasat klang" it serves most places in Thailand, never had the need or urge to learn pasat lao reu Issan.

I am not so insecure or suffer from such low self esteem as to admit to my properties in good old bligthy, or my other holdings.

Like you I could leave this country tomorrow without so much as as backwards glance.

Before leaving I would like to congratulate the Indian girl who was working in the HSBC in Silom Rd years ago, the same girl who pointed me in the the direction of Aberdeen trusts when the SET was about 250..

Best of luck to you, at least you have the option of leaving, most I come across head back home for the following reasons, contract finished (dragged kicking and screaming to the airport), kids education, or run out of money.

Pattaya, you couldnt pay me to live in that place, head further East to Chan.

As mentioned before I have been out of the Facist EU for too long now, I speak like a dinosaur, dont belong back there.

Best of luck to you.

*** Or others that state Thailand is perfect ignoring the obvious.. ***

That alone, man, you hit it on the head. clap2.gif

May I just add "deliberately" ignoring. Simple because the NEED to ignore, to avoid to frustrate themselves over reality. Usually the case for people they find (as long as they have enough money left) - Thailand as a last resource to overcome their inability to live a decent social life.

How many times do I hear, "ah, c'mon, Thailand is still the best place to be; bars and girls everywhere". I hear that even from the "professional expats", who are in Thailand by "overseas (not)working" conditions.

Everyone who finds Thailand as a great place, always falls back on the "Easy Sex" in Thailand. That will never change!

If it was for intellectual, social and life qualities, not "one" clear minded person would even consider this country!

Thailand is a place for people:

• who are ready to place their brain into a drawer, and never pick it up again,
  • who need to be here to carry out their scam ideas,
  • to carry on with their internet crimes, without interference,
  • who are sex addicts in any way
  • in short, all people who are not wanted in a good functional society
So sure, folks, you'll all love it here in Thailand. Stay on there, we don't want you back home!

seldom read such <deleted> as this one: me for example: i be her for a well paid work,got a beautiful house,nice dogs,love the climate,the relaxed attitude of life,not too much sex except the occasional with my wife,use the internet for entertainment,don't need to scam anyone ... BTW just a question why are you a member in a forum dedicated to a country you dislike so much?

May I just add "deliberately" ignoring. Simple because the NEED to ignore, to avoid to frustrate themselves over reality. Usually the case for people they find (as long as they have enough money left) - Thailand as a last resource to overcome their inability to live a decent social life.

How many times do I hear, "ah, c'mon, Thailand is still the best place to be; bars and girls everywhere". I hear that even from the "professional expats", who are in Thailand by "overseas (not)working" conditions.

Everyone who finds Thailand as a great place, always falls back on the "Easy Sex" in Thailand. That will never change!

If it was for intellectual, social and life qualities, not "one" clear minded person would even consider this country!

So sure, folks, you'll all love it here in Thailand. Stay on there, we don't want you back home!

Google any of the names below. You are wrong.

Giovanni Contarin

Bill heiecki

Darren Buckley

John Atanas

Matt Bradley

David Cardin

David Nardone

Ops, facepalm.gif you are right, I forgot ... AND - "corporate prostitutes"!

(yahoo, bing, google, or use any other SE, to find the description of the term)

This is a test post, In the above exchange (which is listed in it's original order no changes made by me) whom did NHT refer to as corporate prostitutes?
hi MOD's can we stop those ladies bickering each other and move on to topic or just close it.as usual many well thought replies and than have some .... to interupt it with a personal war and some really ugly words.

Google any of the names below. You are wrong.

Giovanni Contarin

Bill heiecki

Darren Buckley

John Atanas

Matt Bradley

David Cardin

David Nardone

Ops, facepalm.gif you are right, I forgot ... AND - "corporate prostitutes"!

(yahoo, bing, google, or use any other SE, to find the description of the term)

This is a test post, In the above exchange (which is listed in it's original order no changes made by me) whom did NHT refer to as corporate prostitutes?
hi MOD's can we stop those ladies bickering each other and move on to topic or just close it.as usual many well thought replies and than have some .... to interupt it with a personal war and some really ugly words.

Agree.

This is happening on a lot of threads..bickering, justifications for certain types of behaviour etc..

Sometimes I think this type of bickering, on here ( thaivisa) is reflective of what poor quality individuals are attracted to Thailand..bordering on the very immature !

In this case both made valid points , shame..

It's ok for a bit of a wind up..sometimes..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Rayongchelsea wrote, "In this case both made valid points , shame.."

Below is the post I was responding too. Which points below do you consider valid?

why would an American who wanted women come to Thailand and not Cuba or the Dominican Republic.

Because it's nicer here, but more likely because they're fixated on bamboo.

It's all good, whatever floats your boat, I'm just saying MOST guys here no matter what their cover story are here for the girls.

Just look at the long-term farang population of Pattaya, probably overwhelms just about any other expat location.

MODs

Can you please take my own post OFF. I even stated my position here - and clearly expressed it, I believe!

I have no idea why this priest fanatic goes off on me like that.

So please, take it off, give them piece and avoid another crusade.

TKS

I think a lot of Americans are here because of Vietnam. The girls are incidental. We grew up in South East Asia when we got old we came back.

I was lucky to miss that experience. But I doubt the girls are THAT incidental for most left relatively intact.

If girls were important why not closer to home? Cuba, Dominican Republic, Mexico and all of South America? Cuba is 90 miles away from Florida. Why fly 9000 miles? As much as I like Thai ladies there is no comparison between Cuban and Thai women. I've lived in both places.

So tell me how could women be so important if there are more and better looking and readily available with little language difficulty right across the street? Why spend 25 hours on a plane when an hour by speedboat and you are in man's paradise?

I can see why a Brit or Aussie might prefer Thailand but many Americans speak Spanish and it is so cheap and so close? Why go to Thailand?

so you lived in Cuba and the Cuban coast guard won't mind if you arrive there by speedboat? please tell us some more entertaining stories!

cheesy.gif

so you lived in Cuba and the Cuban coast guard won't mind if you arrive there by speedboat? please tell us some more entertaining stories!

cheesy.gif

The fee for a tourist visa in 2012 remained at $20 CUC per person. Visas for all nationals except Canadians are valid for one month and can be renewed for one additional month for $25. A tourist visa for Canadians will be issued for three month and is renewable for three additional months, the price is also $20 CuC.

Do you want to know about conditions of the marinas? Or what the best time to cross from Key West is? No problem Gringo, I can tell you everything.

Many Gringos come to Cuba from many different places, Florida, Mexico, the Cayman Islands, the Bahamas and the islands of the Eastern Caribbean.

Gringos come for the beautiful food and delicious scenery. guitar.gif

A copy of the cruising permit is below. The police don't even search your boat, which is very nice.

Did I answer your question? Of course you can visit Cuba by speed boat or sail boat no problem. Americans have been doing this since forever. First time I went was 1950 something.

post-187908-0-89690900-1392951716_thumb.

Edited by thailiketoo