would you still feel comfortable in your home country?

Crazy chef 1

People choosing to amuse themselves however they like if they're not hurting others, live and let live, wherever they choose to live.

Not even a need to explain that one, but I get your tentativeness in making it: some think that living in a state of servitude and temperance makes us "just", therefore the corollary is that living a life of pleasure and impetuosity is therefore "unjust". But you can live a "just" life and cause hurt and misery to others, yourself included. Some people call that a "penance" if you hurt yourself in the process. Sounds like a guilt-complex to me. Of course, there's no opinion we need to observe and follow either way, so long as you don't hurt others (see, I felt the need to explain it too!).

Edited by TingTawng
  • Like 1

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in the UK now: it's expensive, it's unstable (economically, no matter what the 'spin' you read). The UK is a damp squib, it's managed decline, surviving but doing so in a kind of retreat - accepting worsening conditions. I know Thailand's hot and stuffy for most of the year, but I'll take those tired torpor afternoons at 2.54pm standing outside a dusty 7-11 in Siracha wondering what the fuc_k I'm doing holding a big 2 litre bottle of coke and shrimp-flavoured crisps.....for trying to make a living in the UK and steadily moving backwards regardless. Anyway, I miss those 7-11 moments.

It's expensive and unstable here...and for many average Thais. Worsening conditions.

As with any place you need to earn a lot of money..

Don't get sick here sitting outside a 7-11 or chocking on your shrimp flavored crisps..

Agree about the weather..

You ruined your post by mentioning siracha..non descript..nothing happening place..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

People choosing to amuse themselves however they like if they're not hurting others, live and let live, wherever they choose to live.

Not even a need to explain that one, but I get your tentativeness in making it: some think that living in a state of servitude and temperance makes us "just", therefore the corollary is that living a life of pleasure and impetuosity is therefore "unjust". But you can live a "just" life and cause hurt and misery to others, yourself included. Some people call that a "penance" if you hurt yourself in the process. Sounds like a guilt-complex to me. Of course, there's no opinion we need to observe and follow either way, so long as you don't hurt others (see, I felt the need to explain it too!).

But, moral/immoral NOT just/unjust.

But, moral/immoral NOT just/unjust.

Pedantry brings out the pedant in me:-

unjust: "not based on or behaving according to what is morally right and fair."

Of course, "morally right" being subjective to whatever the society you live in deems "morally right".

Just is based around absolute justice, right and wrong.

Moral is based on the religious beliefs of you and your peers.

I'm in the UK now: it's expensive, it's unstable (economically, no matter what the 'spin' you read). The UK is a damp squib, it's managed decline, surviving but doing so in a kind of retreat - accepting worsening conditions. I know Thailand's hot and stuffy for most of the year, but I'll take those tired torpor afternoons at 2.54pm standing outside a dusty 7-11 in Siracha wondering what the fuc_k I'm doing holding a big 2 litre bottle of coke and shrimp-flavoured crisps.....for trying to make a living in the UK and steadily moving backwards regardless. Anyway, I miss those 7-11 moments.

Sitting on the seafront on Koh Loi watching the terns and the ferry to Koh Sichang, the oil tankers visible in the distance.

Why am I here? Who's that bloke over there with the crisps and the oversized bottle of Coke?

Would I be better off in a rented flat in New Brighton or a caravan park outside Talacre?

The questions running around one's head. blink.png

• Like 1

Of course, "morally right" being subjective to whatever the society you live in deems "morally right".

Sorry but only sheep take their cue from their shepherd, who turns out to be a wolf.

You've got to create your own code and live by it.

Each of our societies back home, much less our current abode as guests, have way too much that's deeply immoral but perfectly acceptable to the mainstream.

Humanity's morality would never have progressed if everyone simply accepted the dominant mores of their society.

And yes of course that means everything is relative, we all decide for ourselves what's right and wrong, and live with the results of our choices.

Conscience is like a muscle, the inner light within us all gets stronger and more accurate with use.

• Like 2

You or I may not care to admit it, we have more in common than we care to admit.

Conratulations on your language ability, I have never got beyond "pasat klang" it serves most places in Thailand, never had the need or urge to learn pasat lao reu Issan.

I am not so insecure or suffer from such low self esteem as to admit to my properties in good old bligthy, or my other holdings.

Like you I could leave this country tomorrow without so much as as backwards glance.

Before leaving I would like to congratulate the Indian girl who was working in the HSBC in Silom Rd years ago, the same girl who pointed me in the the direction of Aberdeen trusts when the SET was about 250..

Best of luck to you, at least you have the option of leaving, most I come across head back home for the following reasons, contract finished (dragged kicking and screaming to the airport), kids education, or run out of money.

Pattaya, you couldnt pay me to live in that place, head further East to Chan.

As mentioned before I have been out of the Facist EU for too long now, I speak like a dinosaur, dont belong back there.

Best of luck to you.

*** Or others that state Thailand is perfect ignoring the obvious.. ***

That alone, man, you hit it on the head. clap2.gif

May I just add "deliberately" ignoring. Simple because the NEED to ignore, to avoid to frustrate themselves over reality. Usually the case for people they find (as long as they have enough money left) - Thailand as a last resource to overcome their inability to live a decent social life.

How many times do I hear, "ah, c'mon, Thailand is still the best place to be; bars and girls everywhere". I hear that even from the "professional expats", who are in Thailand by "overseas (not)working" conditions.

Everyone who finds Thailand as a great place, always falls back on the "Easy Sex" in Thailand. That will never change!

If it was for intellectual, social and life qualities, not "one" clear minded person would even consider this country!

Thailand is a place for people:

• who are ready to place their brain into a drawer, and never pick it up again,
  • who need to be here to carry out their scam ideas,
  • to carry on with their internet crimes, without interference,
  • who are sex addicts in any way
  • in short, all people who are not wanted in a good functional society
So sure, folks, you'll all love it here in Thailand. Stay on there, we don't want you back home!

This post is irrefutable evidence of the reasons why I don't want to live where he does !

My guess is....he does not want to live where he lives 2....only a guess though !

• Like 1

Just is based around absolute justice, right and wrong.
Moral is based on the religious beliefs of you and your peers.

Some words can have more than one definition, such as just and unjust:-

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/unjust

Are we really arguing over definitions of words? whistling.gif

Sorry but only sheep take their cue from their shepherd, who turns out to be a wolf.

You've got to create your own code and live by it.

My point was just that - I was being a bit sarcastic and agreeing with this general point:-

I think we all know about the judgemental opinion some people have about westerners in Thailand ("carry out their scam ideas", "sex tourists" etc).

May I just add "deliberately" ignoring. Simple because the NEED to ignore, to avoid to frustrate themselves over reality. Usually the case for people they find (as long as they have enough money left) - Thailand as a last resource to overcome their inability to live a decent social life.

How many times do I hear, "ah, c'mon, Thailand is still the best place to be; bars and girls everywhere". I hear that even from the "professional expats", who are in Thailand by "overseas (not)working" conditions.

Everyone who finds Thailand as a great place, always falls back on the "Easy Sex" in Thailand. That will never change!

If it was for intellectual, social and life qualities, not "one" clear minded person would even consider this country!

So sure, folks, you'll all love it here in Thailand. Stay on there, we don't want you back home!

Google any of the names below. You are wrong.

Giovanni Contarin

Bill heiecki

Darren Buckley

John Atanas

Matt Bradley

David Cardin

David Nardone

Ops, facepalm.gif you are right, I forgot ... AND - "corporate prostitutes"!

(yahoo, bing, google, or use any other SE, to find the description of the term)

Giovanni Contarin

Bill heiecki

Darren Buckley

John Atanas

Matt Bradley

David Cardin

David Nardone

The first name on the list and the logical one for you to have googled first, is a priest who runs shelters for children who are HIV positive and have AIDS.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

Giovanni Contarin

Bill heiecki

Darren Buckley

John Atanas

Matt Bradley

David Cardin

David Nardone

The first name on the list and the logical one for you to have googled first, is a priest who runs shelters for children who are HIV positive and have AIDS.

A "newly industrialised country" needs the help of foreign volunteers, because it is incapable of taking care by itself?

That explains, why Thai founded organisations can still be as discriminating and racist as they are acclaimed for, like the Thai own "Child Line".

That explains, why families need to place money beneath the table of a primary school principal's desk, just for their child to get into a "little" better school (wonders me if such a school is worth any money, though.

No, don't get me wrong. I appreciate people who spend their life, love and compassion, for people in need, anywhere. But - should it be really necessary, in countries where everyone, up to the top of their highest leadership, claim to LOVE their own people?

Should it?

Or could one assume, latter claim is all just but a farce?

• Like 1

A "newly industrialised country" needs the help of foreign volunteers, because it is incapable of taking care by itself?

That explains, why Thai founded organisations can still be as discriminating and racist as they are acclaimed for, like the Thai own "Child Line".

That explains, why families need to place money beneath the table of a primary school principal's desk, just for their child to get into a "little" better school (wonders me if such a school is worth any money, though.

No, don't get me wrong. I appreciate people who spend their life, love and compassion, for people in need, anywhere. But - should it be really necessary, in countries where everyone, up to the top of their highest leadership, claim to LOVE their own people?

Should it?

Or could one assume, latter claim is all just but a farce?

You wrote, "Everyone who finds Thailand as a great place, always falls back on the "Easy Sex" in Thailand. That will never change! If it was for intellectual, social and life qualities, not "one" clear minded person would even consider this country!

So sure, folks, you'll all love it here in Thailand. Stay on there, we don't want you back home!"

I wrote, "that you were wrong and listed

Giovanni Contarin

Bill Heiecki

Darren Buckley

John Atanas

Matt Bradley

David Cardin

David Nardone"

You wrote, "Ops, facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif you are right, I forgot ... AND - "corporate prostitutes"!

To which I replied that Father Giovanni runs homes for children with AIDS.

And now after being proved thoroughly wrong and calling a priest a corporate prostitute you are trying to change the subject!

One would think at least you could say you were sorry about being so far in error. The founder of Minor Corp a corporate prostitute? He is the founder of one of the largest corporations in Asia and one of the richest men in Thailand. He came from America.

And now after being proved thoroughly wrong and calling a priest a corporate prostitute you are trying to change the subject!

One would think at least you could say you were sorry about being so far in error. The founder of Minor Corp a corporate prostitute? He is the founder of one of the largest corporations in Asia and one of the richest men in Thailand. He came from America.

I know what I wrote, but you, obviously not! Just in your last attack, you "ADD" something, to suit your sick attack!

Look, you poor little war machine

If you want to use this post, to turn words around, to seek confrontation. Be your own little sorrow!

I never did, nor ever will, call anyone who is doing a good deed, a corporate prostitute. Go back to the post and read again, as*hole. Now go and play war with yourself, poor little "nothing".

The only one who need apologise would be YOU, for going off track here, and use your dirty track to paint others dirty. The dirt is YOU.

AND YES, I still want to keep "corporate prostitutes" as an add-on to my original list!

My list is about all the suckers, not about the good people. Just in case you don't know the difference yourself. Now if you bring in good people, to accuse me to have them included in my list, again - BE YOUR OWN LITTLE SUCKER!

AND

just in case you stilll struggle with yourself (so you should)

These are my words! Now - tell me again - I call "priests" a corporate prostitute!

Edited by NHT

I know what I wrote, but you, obviously not! Just in your last attack, you "ADD" something, to suit your sick attack!

If you want to use this post, to turn words around, to seek confrontation. Be your own little sorrow!

I never did, nor ever will, call anyone who is doing a good deed, a corporate prostitute. Go back to the post and read again, as*hole. Now go and play war with yourself, poor little "nothing".

The only one who need apologise would be YOU, for going off track here, and use your dirty track to paint others dirty. The dirt is YOU.

AND YES, I still want to keep "corporate prostitutes" as an add-on to my original list!

My list is about all the suckers, not about the good people. Just in case you don't know the difference yourself. Now if you bring in good people, to accuse me to have them included in my list, again - BE YOUR OWN LITTLE SUCKER!

AND

These are my words! Now - tell me again - I call "priests" a corporate prostitute!

I wrote, "that you were wrong and listed; Giovanni Contarin, Bill Heiecki, Darren Buckley, John Atanas,

Matt Bradley, David Cardin, David Nardone."

You wrote in response, "Ops, facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif you are right, I forgot ... AND - "corporate prostitutes"!

Edited by thailiketoo

Giovanni Contarin

Bill heiecki

Darren Buckley

John Atanas

Matt Bradley

David Cardin

David Nardone

This is a test post, In the above exchange (which is listed in it's original order no changes made by me) whom did NHT refer to as corporate prostitutes?

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

Certainly seems the list, but he probably didn't google them

But I think his point still stands - what percentage of long-term farang residents here do YOU think are "legitimate"??

My guess is 10%, maybe 20 at the outside?

I'd say 1% but there are a fair number of retirees now, how many of them are here for the girls?

Nothing wrong with it of course but really don't kids yourself. . .

Edited by wym

Certainly seems the list, but he probably didn't google them

But I think his point still stands - what percentage of long-term farang residents here do YOU think are "legitimate"??

My guess is 10%, maybe 20 at the outside?

I'd say 1% but there are a fair number of retirees now, how many of them are here for the girls?

Nothing wrong with it of course but really don't kids yourself. . .

That was my thought. He should have googled the list before spouting off with more anti ** rhetoric.

I think a lot of Americans are here because of Vietnam. The girls are incidental. We grew up in South East Asia

when we got old we came back.

War good or bad is an unforgettable experience. Most people never encounter anything else in life that was as intense or meaningful. After the war I felt like a stranger in America. When I came here I felt like I was coming home.

• Like 2

I finally made my R&R to Thailand in 2002, went back out in the field in '67 and missed it. When we walked out of Dong Muang my buddy turned to me, smiled and said "Welcome Home". Yea, I'm home now and have no plans to ever return to the Corporate Police State of Amerika. Ah, the ladies weren't actually incidental...lol.

I think a lot of Americans are here because of Vietnam. The girls are incidental. We grew up in South East Asia when we got old we came back.

I was lucky to miss that experience. But I doubt the girls are THAT incidental for most left relatively intact.

• Like 1

I think a lot of Americans are here because of Vietnam. The girls are incidental. We grew up in South East Asia when we got old we came back.

I was lucky to miss that experience. But I doubt the girls are THAT incidental for most left relatively intact.

If girls were important why not closer to home? Cuba, Dominican Republic, Mexico and all of South America? Cuba is 90 miles away from Florida. Why fly 9000 miles? As much as I like Thai ladies there is no comparison between Cuban and Thai women. I've lived in both places.

So tell me how could women be so important if there are more and better looking and readily available with little language difficulty right across the street? Why spend 25 hours on a plane when an hour by speedboat and you are in man's paradise?

I can see why a Brit or Aussie might prefer Thailand but many Americans speak Spanish and it is so cheap and so close? Why go to Thailand?

• Like 1

Didn't say for you, said for most.

And "not incidental" does not equal "primary reason"

OK now we are going into the pedantic phase. And we are supposed to debate the meaning of "not incidental" because you could not think of a logical reply to why would an American who wanted women come to Thailand and not Cuba or the Dominican Republic.

I wrote, "I think a lot of Americans are here because of Vietnam. The girls are incidental. We grew up in South East Asia when we got old we came back."

I didn't say me. I said a lot of Americans who are Vietnam vets. A trip to a meeting of any of the VFW posts in Thailand will confirm.

I came here for the first time last year and stayed for 7 months. I went back to the UK in November and I hated every minute I was there, so after 2 months I got back on a plane to Thailand. I hope I never have to leave here again.

I have a wonderful woman, who cares for me better than my first wife ever did. I have good friends, both Thai and Farang. I love the food and the weather is great.

I'm staying put.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Tu hablo Espanol? Que pasa ese? Ah yes the Hispanic ladies are quite beautiful, in their teens, and are as crazy as American women, only perhaps more dangerous. I lived in Nuevo Mexico del Norte for about 25 years, mostly on the Colorado border. I first went to Mexico in my brand new '63 409 Chevy SS just after high school graduation. Made the trip from Camp Pendleton to Tijuana a 'few' times. Was down in La Paz in the early '90s with wife at the time. Was back Nuevo Laredo in late '90s (after divorce from hell) with friend that had 'connections' there. Gringos DO NOT play with hi-so Mexicanas, it will cost you your life, and they love to taunt you i.e. eye ball fu_king. Fortunately I was well warned before time. I wouldn't go now fully equipped with body armor, M-16 etc. Never made Costa Rica, looks a bit expensive for me, but friends say ok. I like Asian women, I like SE Asia. Some of us just seem to have it in our blood it seems, some don't.

AND

I wrote, "that you were wrong and listed; Giovanni Contarin, Bill Heiecki, Darren Buckley, John Atanas,

Matt Bradley, David Cardin, David Nardone."

You wrote in response, "Ops, facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif you are right, I forgot ... AND - "corporate prostitutes"!

You're obviously trying to find someone who you can crucify ...

Here I am!

Come with your holy cross and knock me out!

w00t.gif

Giovanni Contarin

Bill heiecki

Darren Buckley

John Atanas

Matt Bradley

David Cardin

David Nardone

This is a test post, In the above exchange (which is listed in it's original order no changes made by me) whom did NHT refer to as corporate prostitutes?

Thank you. You're proof to me, that this forum "does" have some people who can read and understand, and not only idiots, who use this forum to attack each other, without a solid reason, just, so they can feel good!

TKS, again.

Edited by NHT