Renewing Kasikorn ATM Bank Card without Bank Book

Hi there,

I used to live in Thailand from 2006 to 2011. I bought a condo about 4.5 years ago and I am currently re-selling it.

I still have my kasikorn bank account active and I would like to deposit the cheque there. Here is the catch:

My ATM card for that account has expired and I'd like to get a new one. However, I now live in Shanghai so I have no working permit or visa for Thailand. Unfortunately I have also lost the bank book during my move...

Does anyone know if I go to my KBank branch if they will give me a new ATM card just upon presentation of my Passport?

You need to make a police report for the lost bank book and then go to the bank to get a new bank book.

You don't need a visa or work permit to get a new book.

He wants a new ATM card, not a passbook.

All he needs to do is preferably go to his branch, maybe any branch, and just request a new card. If asked about what happened to the old card he should tell them it was retained by an atm some time ago, if he tells them it was lost they may tell him he needs a police report before a new one is issued.

He should also not forget to tell them that he is going to be depositing the proceeds of his condo sale into the account, that will never do any harm.

Edited by MMarlow
  • Like 1