Thai traffic police to re-introduce tough road rules next month

webfact

So when will they deal with kids on motorbikes?

Driving while on mobile phone?

Kamikaze mini bus drivers aggressive driving?

What about a moron texting on his smart phone while riding a motorbike.

Nearly ran the fckr over today!!

And what about those orange buses? Even taxi drivers hate those wnkrs!

Oh yes, #6 No overtaking other vehicles in public.

Has anybody figured out what it could possibly mean?

rant over. sabai sabai, this isn't Dhaka...

The traffic laws have been on the books for years, and have not enforced them. So was the accident with the container caused by the police not doing there jobs. There are thousands of trucks on the highway has unsecured cargo. they leave the government container yards without being inspected. The owners on the trucks are also responsible for not maintaining their equipment.

If they want to actually increase safety on the roads, perhaps they should try what has shown to work in every modern country in the world and actually pull over cars and motorbikes being driven dangerously instead of spending a couple of hours a day randomly pulling bike and cars over at fixed checkpoints and citing drivers for whatever they police want to make up on the spot. I have to wonder if they ever look at the traffic fine stats and wonder why an increase in citations has never created a decrease in accidents or deaths like it would in a country that doesn't have a completely corrupt and lazy police force. Not that you would necessarily need them but in Phuket Town they have a couple of nice BMW GS1200's that would do nicely. I see some officers riding around larger displacement bikes too. It's sad that there are tons of traffic police and highway police in Thailand, but they are utterly and completely ineffective.

EyesWideOpen, on 10 Feb 2014 - 17:55, said:
than, on 10 Feb 2014 - 17:50, said:

Thai police need money ?

My Thai girlfriend used to call the increased checkpoints at the end of

the month the mia noi checkpoints. The police need to bump up their

income at that time in order to properly fund their mia nois.....

This is true. Over new years we were in the village in Chaiyapum where my wifes Mother lives. We go there every year for one day over New Years. We were at a New years eve party at my wifes girl friends home. One girl was 19 and was attending University in Bangkok. I saw her playing with her phone and I asked her if it was an I phone 4 or 5. She said a 5. I then asked how much it cost and she replied 24,000 Baht. I asked how a young lady like yourself is able to afford to purchase such an expensive phone. She explained that she had a boy friend that was married and was a high ranking police officer and he pays for everything including the phone as long as she gives him sex.

• Like 1

Wow. A 500 baht fine for driving drunk, and putting hundreds of other lives at risk. Now, that is getting tough. Really scared of those Thai cops now. I have never seen a car being pulled over for reckless driving. Never. Checkpoints yes. But, usually that is just the collections of some tea money, and not any real act of law enforcement. I have never encountered weaker police in my life, anywhere.

• Like 1

......................BANGKOK, 10 February 2014 (NNT) - Traffic police are set to enforce strict road rules from March 1.....................

And WHAT, exactly, have they been doing up to this? Lazy, greedy, corrupt, parasites.

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think of the Thai " police".... :-)

• Like 1

2 easy (and profitable ways) to increase taffic flow: 1 - Fine every driver that turns from the second (sometimes third) lane. 2 Fine every driver that runs the red to turn, which in turns blocks traffica from the crossing lanes for an extra 10 - 20 seconds. The first few days would be hell, as stopping the drivers for fines would slow down traffic even more, but after a coupla days of them doing this, the drivers will start to improve. I don't even care if the police pocket the fines or write official tickets - just f**king do it!! And I'm talking about the inter-sections that have permanently staffed police boxes, so no additional offficers required.

2 easy (and profitable ways) to increase taffic flow: 1 - Fine every driver that turns from the second (sometimes third) lane. 2 Fine every driver that runs the red to turn, which in turns blocks traffica from the crossing lanes for an extra 10 - 20 seconds. The first few days would be hell, as stopping the drivers for fines would slow down traffic even more, but after a coupla days of them doing this, the drivers will start to improve. I don't even care if the police pocket the fines or write official tickets - just f**king do it!! And I'm talking about the inter-sections that have permanently staffed police boxes, so no additional offficers required.

It helps if they are awake and concentrating.

Yeah i'm wondering why i don't belive this. Maybe its due to the fact you can do a motorbike test and pass when you answer this question correctly. Q - How many people are allowed on the back of a motorbike in Thailand? A- 5. Correct.

Which means that they haven't been doing their job but now would "really like to try"

well it will bring in some money for themselves i suppose. The BIB aren't much good at enforcing the law but you have to admit that as business men they are 1st class.

......................BANGKOK, 10 February 2014 (NNT) - Traffic police are set to enforce strict road rules from March 1.....................

And WHAT, exactly, have they been doing up to this? Lazy, greedy, corrupt, parasites.

How dare you tarnish the good name of parasites!biggrin.png

Edited by lostmebike
  • Like 1