From the water Heater in PROmotion shop

JesseFrank

As I have several doors to sand for painting, I went to the " water heater in promotion" shop on Pattaya Klang. They had several nice electric sanding machines, to which you could connect a vacuum cleaner so they will be almost dust free.

They had Makita, one of their home brands, a B&D at less than 1000 Baht and a few others.

So I asked one of the shop attendants to show me the sandpaper sheets used for this kind of machine. He took me to the aisle where they have all those brown sandpaper sheets and told me that I could cut it up to size.

No way Jose, the sandpaper sheets used for these machines are supposed to have holes in them, which correspondent with the holes in the machine bottom to suck up the dust.

Oh, we don't have those sir, but you can buy them at Santi. Santi seems to be a common reply from them for items they don't stock. Yeah, then I can buy the machine at Santi also, not ?

So in fact, as I don't recall having seen those sheets elsewhere, is this a standard size for all brands of sanding machines and can they be purchased somewhere around Pattaya ?

My sander came with about 10 sandpaper sheets with holes.

I have never been able to find these sheets in the usual shops, and I spend a lot of time in Homeworks, Homepro, Thai Watsadu, etc. (not saying they don't exist).

I just cut the standard sheets to the size I need then poke holes through at the appropriate locations.

My sander came with about 10 sandpaper sheets with holes.

I have never been able to find these sheets in the usual shops, and I spend a lot of time in Homeworks, Homepro, Thai Watsadu, etc. (not saying they don't exist).

I just cut the standard sheets to the size I need then poke holes through at the appropriate locations.

But don't you think it is amazing that a hardware store sells item for which they have no parts ? Can't be that difficult for them to source the sheets .