Value of 3yr old Fortuner

corkman

Hi All,

I plan to sell my fortuner.

It is 3.0D, 2 wheel drive, Automatic, Black. 3 years old. About 50,000km. Serviced etc. through the Toyota dealer.

Can anyone advise me what is a reasonable value for this? I'd like to sell it quickly, so I will price it keen - but I'm not giving it away.

Thanks in advance.

Only 800K? I´d say thats too low, but I don´t know the car. Is it an edition, Facelift or not?

At least 900K asking price?

It is, however, a 2-wheel drive, hence the lower value.

800 k is a reasonable price.

Asking price around 850 k

Maybe to high ? someone in the Village also had one Jan 2011 Black 2 WD, with 58,000 KM, one owner perfect and mint condition, he was offered 640,000 baht, he sold it last week private for 720,000 baht.. I thought was low but is it ?

have seen in tents the 2010 4x4 s For sale for around 800k the 2x4 around 750k..... is 2nd hand market in free fall here ?

850k would be acceptable to me, with a view to getting about 800. If someone arrived with 750 cash quick sale then I'd let it go.

I'm quite ignorant to the whole process in Thailand. What is the best way to advertise it? Should I sell it privately or go to some sort of dealer? As I say, I am totally ignorant.

I'm in Bangkok by the way.

Thanks a lot.

Don't go to any sort of dealer, they are rip-off merchants (well maybe not rip-off merchants so much but just want to make it very worth their while)..

You can guarantee that when you visit the first dealer that every dealer in the area will know within minutes what you were offered and everyone will offer the same.

So shopping around dealers does not work.

Thanks guys,

Luckily, I still have the sales brochure that I got, at the time of buying the car. So I can scan that, to start with.

Car itself is pristine - so photos of front, back, and side are easily done - and interiors too.

I suppose being "expat owned" is a strong selling point and since it is still in warranty then any buyer will know its been well maintained and there's nothing wrong with it.

Will get the photo's done today and get it up online asap.

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks guys,

Luckily, I still have the sales brochure that I got, at the time of buying the car. So I can scan that, to start with.

Car itself is pristine - so photos of front, back, and side are easily done - and interiors too.

I suppose being "expat owned" is a strong selling point and since it is still in warranty then any buyer will know its been well maintained and there's nothing wrong with it.

If it's 3 years old it should be out of warranty. As for expat owned that's no strong selling point to me as you know expat's on here have racechip's fitted flog the vehicle then remove chip and you will never know. So it's buyer be ware.

Thanks guys,

If it's 3 years old it should be out of warranty. As for expat owned that's no strong selling point to me as you know expat's on here have racechip's fitted flog the vehicle then remove chip and you will never know. So it's buyer be ware.

I'd rather buy a car that has been serviced and maintained than a car that has just been driven into the ground and neglected..... people buying and fitting race chips to their cars, tend to "car" about them and so I wouldn't be too concerned about that. No harm in driving a car hard and expats tend to service their cars; its been bred into us 55555 ........

But I agree, buyer be ware - always.....

3 years old..... well it will be 3years old in mid march.

As a thought aside. If I were to go to a Toyota dealer (same garage that I bought this car), what would I be likely to get on a trade in? Generally, do they give good trade in prices, or will I get totally screwed over?

You won't know unless you go and ask........Get your lady to ask, not you...........whistling.gif

Doesn't always work. My Mates Mrs asked them to give a good price because it was knackered and SHE wanted a New One. Not Only Blonds are Dumb.

Know matter what I buy/want I send Mrs.Trans to the shop and get them to write it down on paper, the cost (nooooooooooooooo farang).

Them WE go back with the PAPER. laugh.png

Nice thing about trading it in, is that when you order the new unit, you can set the price on the trade in, close the deal and keep driving it until you pick up the new unit.

IMHO, unless you have a lot of time on your hands, selling a car is a big PITA.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.

Thank you for your interest and input. Sold the car to a dealer. Got 680,000k.

Had some Thai friends with interest - but they all wanted to do some convoluted plan on continuing the finance and partial payments and bla bla bla.... Finally, the dealer option was least risky, quickest, and easiest.

Thanks.