Full moon party

Dualeck

Me and some friends are considering going to the full moon party in Koh Phangan. Problem is that Koh Phangang is quite a long way from Phuket, and the only agency I can find offers a trip for 4,500 Bath with no sleepovers, meaning one would have to sleep in the minibuss or on the boat. But I have the feeling many people from Phuket, locals and westerners, frequently go to these full moon parties. Does anyone have any tips regarding going to full moon parties in Koh Pangan?

Also, is it true that the full moon parties in Phi Phi Island often lack people?

Best way to go is with Skydance helicopter

Failing that the drive is not that bad....last year I left phuket around 7am on Saturday morning, got on the 10am ferry at Donsak then checked into my hotel on Samui just after lunch.

(went to and from the party on a speed boat)

Left Samui the next day at around 4pm feeling a bit rough and was home for about 9pm.

The Phi Phi parties don't compare at all and do lack people.

Take a Surat Thani bound bus from Phuket Town bus station. Ask to be let off at the lom Praya terminal, and buy a ticket for the speedboat to Koh Phangan, you will be bussed to the pier first. Alternatively (cheaper but slower) go to an agency called Panthip Tours at Surat Thani bus station, and buy a ticket for the car ferry there, you'll be first be brought by bus to the pier likewise. You'll easily make it to Koh Phangan in one day at a fraction of the cost these travel agencies are quoting, but you'll have to leave early in the morning.

Edited by keestha

Bangkok Airways from Phuket to Samui.

Get the boat over to Koh Phangan and stay on the island, or stay on Samui and get the return speed boat over for the party.

If you stay on Koh Phangan for the party, I suggest you do not try to return to Samui the next day. It's a mess. Return the day after that.

Take a Surat Thani bound bus from Phuket Town bus station. Ask to be let off at the lom Praya terminal, and buy a ticket for the speedboat to Koh Phangan, you will be bussed to the pier first. Alternatively (cheaper but slower) go to an agency called Panthip Tours at Surat Thani bus station, and buy a ticket for the car ferry there, you'll be first be brought by bus to the pier likewise. You'll easily make it to Koh Phangan in one day at a fraction of the cost these travel agencies are quoting, but you'll have to leave early in the morning.

Thank's! Very informative. Will take a look at this one.

that 4,500 baht seems pricey. A quick Google search gives an agency charging 1,050 baht/person to Kho Phangan - pick up 07.10, arrive 16.30. Do your party thing, back next day for another 1,050 baht.

Nice. Could you link me?

Just Google bus phuket kho phangan = http://www.jctour-phuket.com/all_thing_to_do/busferry-samui.php and many others