Militants kill monk and three civilians in Pattani

webfact

Maybe when you start referring to those scum murderers as terrorists an and not militant or insurgents

you will start to understand that this is a huge problem on your hand, and the way the army/government is going about it is completely useless and wrong..

Maybe when you start referring to those scum murderers as terrorists an and not militant or insurgents

you will start to understand that this is a huge problem on your hand, and the way the army/government is going about it is completely useless and wrong..

How would you go about it? I'm not sticking up for the army or gov's handling of it in any way, just genuinely interested to know how you think it should be solved.

So sad, we can only look on with horror, I am surprised that all embassies dont make it clear to avoid these regions of the south at all costs especially tourists. I took a trip down that way about 10 years ago for a friends ordainment into the monkhood and at an army checkpoint was advised to be very careful attending any such gathering. They were genuinely on edge and concerned.

Nothing happened thankfully but over the years 2 monks from that temple have been murdered, I have never been back and never will. I advise all travellers/tourists I meet asking where to go in Thailand never to to set foot in those regions no matter what.

Every single one is clueless and shocked when I give them the wiki link about these areas.

RIP this poor girl

It's sad that Monks and Civilians need to mentioned separately rather than simply as 'People'... just saying..

When certain people are killed their positions are identified for background information. It is relevant for many people in the region.

In the south Teachers, health service providers, police and other public security officials and monks are specifically targeted. When they are killed, the media will always mention it.

As agents of the Bangkok centered Buddhist state, and carrying out cultural, social, political, and economic policies anathama to the local Malay population, they will be targeted. Edited by OMGImInPattaya

It's sad that Monks and Civilians need to mentioned separately rather than simply as 'People'... just saying..

When certain people are killed their positions are identified for background information. It is relevant for many people in the region.

In the south Teachers, health service providers, police and other public security officials and monks are specifically targeted. When they are killed, the media will always mention it.

As agents of the Bangkok centered Buddhist state, and carrying out cultural, social, political, and economic policies anathama to the local Malay population, they will be targeted.

Public health nurses providing vaccinations against childhood diseases do not meet your categorization. Nor do the monks, nor do the local teachers who were chased off. One group opposes young girls being empowered with tools such as literacy. They also see vaccination programs to stop the measles and rubella outbreak as contrary to their goals. I'm sorry, but raping female teachers and then beheading them as has been the case, is hardly taking a stand against the "Bangkok centered Buddhist state", particularly when the teachers are muslims. Nor is shooting a young boy in the head much of a political position.