Alcohol free Bangla road on Valentines day,will bars still be open?

sawadeeka

Hi,

do you know if bars will be open on Bangla Road Patong after midnight from Thursday to Friday? There is a ban on alcohol sale due to Budists day on Valentines day on Friday till Saturday, but I want to watch sports after midnight tonight. And don't care if it will be only coffee, but don't want to go and see deserted Bangla. Does anyone have any information?

Is the ban for the whole of Friday and then bars re-open Saturday.

So according to your information, I will NOT be able to watch sports after midnight tonight? All sports bar will be closed due to alcohol ban or will they be open but will serve only soda and etc.?

Macha Bucha day - no booze in bars, hotels are normally ok

Doesn't answer my question at all.

I asked about whether bars will be open at all, due to ban and serve only non-alcoholic beverages, or will they be closed completely?

Bars normally are not forced to close at midnight on the eve of a public holiday.

You'll be fine.

Thank you for the answer, so I guess i'll try to plan to go to Bangla tonight and try my luck :) Cheers :) Hopefully, Soi Bangla will not be empty tonight.

Bars normally are not forced to close at midnight on the eve of a public holiday.

You'll be fine.

Thank you for the answer, so I guess i'll try to plan to go to Bangla tonight and try my luck smile.png Cheers smile.png Hopefully, Soi Bangla will not be empty tonight.

So still not cocnlcusive as this is based only on speculation & previous experience. You realise sports can be seen in other places also, not just Bangla?

coffee1.gif

If anyone interested- 7 Eleven didn't sell after midnight but bars were open and I was even able to watch my team wining clap2.gif with Chang beer in my hand :)

And yes I know there other places where I can watch sports, but I like Bangla bars .thumbsup.gif

It was awesome night! wai.gif

If anyone interested- 7 Eleven didn't sell after midnight but

Some nitpicking: 7-Eleven (and all other shops) are never allowed to sell after midnight (officially whistling.gif )

Selling times: 11:00h - 14:00h and 17:00h - 24:00h.

• Like 1