Dukes At Promenada

RxDan

Has anyone eaten at the new Dukes
At the Promrnada and can review it ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all caps. Topic title edited to remove all caps.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard from two insiders in the Duke's organization that they will indeed be opening at Maya Mall. Yippee!! Now there's no contest -- what with Duke's, the Rim Ping grocery and the cinema, that mall is everything a mall should be. Plus, we can walk to the mall! Life is great. Isn't this what life isn't suppose to be about -- having everything easy to reach -- no need for a car and traffic jams?

Oh wait, what's that about no anchor store? Well, Central's going to be at Kad Suan Kaew for years to come. It's just heaven to live between the two malls. Somehow Central still manages to have a good selection of appliances, large and small.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 2

I've eaten twice at Dukes at the Promenada, good food, lots of it at reasonable prices..It's not going to win any Michelen stars, it's not molecular gastronomy or nouveau cuisine or whatever the latest trend is. Basically you get large portions of tasty food without breaking the bank. The staff are attentive and the setting nice enough. It Didn't appear to be any pricier than any of the other branches of Dukes.

Edited by anonymouse

I've eaten twice at Dukes at the Promenada, good food, lots of it at reasonable prices..It's not going to win any Michelen stars, it's not molecular gastronomy or nouveau cuisine or whatever the latest trend is. Basically you get large portions of tasty food without breaking the bank. The staff are attentive and the setting nice enough. It Didn't appear to be any pricier than any of the other branches of Dukes.

I have been there once with the family when he had the special offer of 2 large pizzas + Mahogany wings and a bottle of pop. It was all good. Not sure what else we had but the 6 of us were very happy with it. The menu is the same as the one on the river.

In addition to the good things that have been said about it you know if you care to check out the kitchen that it is prepared in a clean atmosphere. Was in the one by the river the other day talking to Dave's wife she said yes they were going to open one in the Maya. She said Dave was over there at that moment talking to them.

Does any one know if the roof at the Maya is open yet?

Forgot to mention. Nice to have unlimited water

50+ meals at Dukes and never disappointed. If they do indeed open at Maya I will be eating there weekly as the location is excellent for me.

i've had a least 70 meals at Dukes and never been disappointed either. everyone in my family loves going to eat at the Dukes. haven't been to the Promenada location but all the restaurants have the same high standard.

I've heard from two insiders in the Duke's organization that they will indeed be opening at Maya Mall. Yippee!! Now there's no contest -- what with Duke's, the Rim Ping grocery and the cinema, that mall is everything a mall should be. Plus, we can walk to the mall! Life is great. Isn't this what life isn't suppose to be about -- having everything easy to reach -- no need for a car and traffic jams?

Oh wait, what's that about no anchor store? Well, Central's going to be at Kad Suan Kaew for years to come. It's just heaven to live between the two malls. Somehow Central still manages to have a good selection of appliances, large and small.

All that a mall should be ??? Indeed!

When it comes to Dukes, his fare may be tasty, but is that why you are in Thailand? Or are you here to pick something familiar off the shelves of Rimping or Tops. Or to have malls to stroll around in?

All just like back home, so why are you here? Did you just try to pack where you were into your bags and find out the overweight was prohibitive and leave it to others to bring in the "best western breakfasts?"

A taste of this, a taste of that. Lovely. Every place would, I hope, have that, but some international gourmands seem to forget where they were and dwell too much on where they came from.

Edited by Mapguy

I complain about some of the people of ThaiVisa but there is a lot of really great people here. Sometimes they just do not want to get into it with the negative crowd and so they become the silent majority. They love when I go off. Thanks to everyone going to The Duke's Promenada, it is a great location. We will be doing a promotion soon for there where you will get a free dessert with dinner. We have been talking with the ThaiVisa people about doing a monthly lunch like we do a breakfast with the Expat Club, this Friday, by the way, everyone is invited.

Well, David, I guess you can complain about me!

I wish you well, but I simply do not understand marketing on a forum. Maybe that is a sign of a problem at the till.

Why you become such an icon for so many I cannot understand. You are a Chiang Mai version of Coca Cola for expats and popular with many cholesterol-free (I hope!) Thai! Sort of a more developed palate than Mike's Burgers, I suppose!

Whatever, I hope that you will not start to promote "promotions" in conversations on CMTV like a recently departed former pub owner did. Not tasteful!

I should add that the next time I need a juicy burger and fries, I'd go to your place.....except that my burgers are better !!

Edited by Mapguy

I complain about some of the people of ThaiVisa but there is a lot of really great people here. Sometimes they just do not want to get into it with the negative crowd and so they become the silent majority. They love when I go off. Thanks to everyone going to The Duke's Promenada, it is a great location. We will be doing a promotion soon for there where you will get a free dessert with dinner. We have been talking with the ThaiVisa people about doing a monthly lunch like we do a breakfast with the Expat Club, this Friday, by the way, everyone is invited.

Well, David, I guess you can complain about me!

I wish you well, but I simply do not understand marketing on a forum. Maybe that is a sign of a problem at the till.

Why you become such an icon for so many I cannot understand. You are a Chiang Mai version of Coca Cola for expats and popular with many cholesterol-free (I hope!) Thai! Sort of a more developed palate than Mike's Burgers, I suppose!

Whatever, I hope that you will not start to promote "promotions" in conversations on CMTV like a recently departed former pub owner did. Not tasteful!

I should add that the next time I need a juicy burger and fries, I'd go to your place.....except that my burgers are better !!

You're turning out to be a right misery.

• Like 1

No need to get emotional, Oscar2. Especially about juicy hamburgers and ribs, generous portions! Not altogether healthy, you know!

I do suggest that advertisers remain advertisers. What is curious is the "The Duke's" cult on TV Chiang Mai. It probably says more about TV Chiang Mai than David.

Dukes at the three locations I have had visited does give values for the money as far as Western food is concerned. However, I do have a little hangup with the responses given to the people who criticised the establishment. To me, it's looking down on people who may, perhaps, have helped in its success! That's simply not good for a service industry!

Edited by muchogra

When it comes to Dukes, his fare may be tasty, but is that why you are in Thailand? Or are you here to pick something familiar off the shelves of Rimping or Tops. Or to have malls to stroll around in?

All just like back home, so why are you here? Did you just try to pack where you were into your bags and find out the overweight was prohibitive and leave it to others to bring in the "best western breakfasts?"

A taste of this, a taste of that. Lovely. Every place would, I hope, have that, but some international gourmands seem to forget where they were and dwell too much on where they came from.

Some folks play the "like back home" routine with restaurants, others play it with driving, shopping or relationships but the cream of the crop play it with governmental administrative procedures. You still da king Mapguy.

Food has nothing to do with why I am here. I like the people and the country. I like Dukes because I know that the meals are tasty (most of them) I don't like every thing and I wouldn't like it any where else either. I know it is prepared in a clean environment and the quality of the food is good. Not the cheapest stuff Dave can get. He told me and it is true that my taste buds might not know the difference but my body will. Not being in possession of sensitive taste buds it makes sense to me.