How much is enough for the wife's monthly allowance?

zierf1

I paid my mia noi 9 thousand baht per month. She gave 4000 of it to her father for medical treatments that the 30 baht health plan didn't cover. When we broke up she asked me if I would still give her 4000 per month for her father. I did. Three months later she called and said I could stop because he died. She still calls on holidays to wish me well.

10-15k is not enough stop being tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

haha the irony of skint saying don't be tight.. cheesy.gif

True though many here are happy for their girls to run around like minkers

The sad truth is that many, didn't mean your wife now, are having a Thai guy, who's also living on foreigners' money.

As a matter of fact, I'd give it a try and send even less. If that would lead her to go away from you, then also okay. Better to wake up and realize what's actually going on.

New Thai teachers at our school are making 12 K/month. You're already sending her more than a teacher here makes and she needs more money.

Hope you didn't marry her parents, brothers and sisters as well. Wish you the best. I'd send somebody to check out what she's doing when you're not there.

Good luck.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

I paid my mia noi 9 thousand baht per month. She gave 4000 of it to her father for medical treatments that the 30 baht health plan didn't cover. When we broke up she asked me if I would still give her 4000 per month for her father. I did. Three months later she called and said I could stop because he died. She still calls on holidays to wish me well.

When will you resume paying her money?-w00t.gif

When will you resume paying her money?-w00t.gif

I have no plans to that effect. She calls a couple of times a year to wish me well. She now has a successful small family market and has taken over as head of her family after her father died. She has moved on and so have I and we both wish each other well.

Well, I can tell you this my dad gives all his money to my mom. So, my man's money is my money and my money is my money, 555.

My wife is bad but not that bad. She thinks my money is "our" money and her money is her money. Even when she was making more than me she expected me to pay all of the household bills and asked me for money on top of it.

• Like 1

The sad truth is that many, didn't mean your wife now, are having a Thai guy, who's also living on foreigners' money.

As a matter of fact, I'd give it a try and send even less. If that would lead her to go away from you, then also okay. Better to wake up and realize what's actually going on.

New Thai teachers at our school are making 12 K/month. You're already sending her more than a teacher here makes and she needs more money.

Very sensible.

If a Thai woman is worth serious cash, she'll already be earning serious cash. In which case you won't need to pay.

If she's earning peanuts then she's only worth peanuts.

Best bet is find a quality girl with a good job, home and car. Stay clear of the peasants. You wouldn't marry a peasant in your own country, why do so here?

Well, I can tell you this my dad gives all his money to my mom. So, my man's money is my money and my money is my money, 555.

My wife is bad but not that bad. She thinks my money is "our" money and her money is her money. Even when she was making more than me she expected me to pay all of the household bills and asked me for money on top of it.

Which reminds me when I had "bought" ,several time sharing girls from bars in Pattaya, for weeks, months or days, when I was a few moons younger and dumber.-w00t.gif

• Like 1

Very sensible.

If a Thai woman is worth serious cash, she'll already be earning serious cash. In which case you won't need to pay.

Best bet is find a quality girl with a good job, home and car. Stay clear of the peasants. You wouldn't marry a peasant in your own country, why do so here?

Every star was discovered. There was a night where she was worth peanuts and the next day she had diamonds on the soles of her shoes.

Didn't read all 10 pages but, your marriage isn't real if you're paying her or giving her a budget. It's more like a business agreement the way I see it: you pay her monthly and she lets you get into her pants.

The real wife would be interested in preserving family's finances, wouldn't be asking for a budget and you wouldn't need to track her spending.

I have some friends in the same type of marriage as your: wife always "blows" her budget real quick and then asks for more.

The reality is - she transfers most of her budget to her own bank account, saving for the future in case your marriage goes kaput!

»…marriage isn't real if you're paying her or giving her a budget. It's more like a business agreement…«
Think of how the Western World was some 50 to 100 years ago. Back at those days a husband wound provide and the wife being housekeeper and be allowed an allowance.
Are saying is, that back in those days Western people married only as business transactions?
Perhaps a marriage is just that; husband buys housekeeping, company and sex. If not paid regularly, then wife at some point may take half or more and move on – see lots of posts motioning that here on TV-forum.
Our Western culture now is often or mainly based on couples sharing all – at least until separation, then winner may take it all – and strong independent women who don’t need a provider; however still dreaming about a billionaire.
Thailand “today” seems “old-fashioned” in that way, and a Thai man will prove he can provide even before marriage, by sending the fiancé money every month, and later paying a sin sod. Perhaps he even loose face, if he cannot provide well enough. It’s not only Westerners getting ripped off; I know of Thais women leaving their Thai husband because he do not give enough money; or a younger lady having two Thai men sending money to prove they can provide (wonder which one she may choose).
When we wish a Thai company/relationship/marriage, providing will be a natural expectation – of course there are exceptions – however the right level of allowance/support may be the difficult part to agree upon and is what the OP asks about.
  • Like 2

Everything seems to be based on bar girls. My Thai wife lives with me, because that's what Marriage about not living 1000s of miles apart, How can any Marriage last like tha,t not just being married to a Thai girl. . My wife has her own money from her going to work, her choice, she has bought land in Thailand,, Bangkok, not cheap. she has Thai gold bought by herself. She never asks for a baht from me, I pay all the bills, that's the mans job in my book. We are very happy. maybe try living together would cure all this.

Everything seems to be based on bar girls. My Thai wife lives with me, because that's what Marriage about not living 1000s of miles apart, How can any Marriage last like tha,t not just being married to a Thai girl. . My wife has her own money from her going to work, her choice, she has bought land in Thailand,, Bangkok, not cheap. she has Thai gold bought by herself. She never asks for a baht from me, I pay all the bills, that's the mans job in my book. We are very happy. maybe try living together would cure all this.

You may be lucky, but I would need to see a photo of her to make a definitive judgement.

Usually the free ones are older and less attractive than the pay for ones.

I prefer younger and prettier than me.

Some prefer cheap.

Edited by FiftyTwo

I do have a problem to believe people telling me that their wife is not like that, but a whore is a whore and the old saying that you can get one out of a bar, but not the bar out of her, seems to be correct.

Now another example of an ex- neighbor of us. Middle class, pretty much ignorant and she taught some kids English on the weekend. She didn't make it to a secret that she disliked foreigners, but didn't bother me at all.

When her "business' fell apart she suddenly disappeared. My wife had told me that she went to Pattaya to look for a foreigner to "support" her. It was true, as she'd told that to her neighbor who'd bought some of her furniture. .

.Sad is only if you can't trust many of them. Those "ladies" I know who're married to foreigners often play cards, don't give a damn how much money they lose, as it's not theirs, some meet their Thai boy friends when foreigners go back to their county to solve some problems or to make money.

Welcome to the Land of Why's.-wai2.gif .

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

You may be lucky, but I would need to see a photo of her to make a definitive judgement.

Some prefer cheap.

That's prostitutes and bar girls you talk about;) Then you have to pay more for a young and pretty girl. Not with your own wife

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Some prefer cheap.

You seem a really nice guy-congratulations,and if in the future you want a lady to share your life please post a pic on here so we can comment wink.png

• Like 1

Some prefer cheap.

That's prostitutes and bar girls you talk about;) Then you have to pay more for a young and pretty girl. Not with your own wife

She is ex Thai police,

Very sensible.

Apt nick.

Ummmm lets see....what does it matter what other people give their respective parnters or wives who cares....YOU give whatever you want NOT what other people say you should give if she does not like it just remind what she DID NOT HAVE before you came onto the scene....YOUR money remember....if you don't get the answer you want / like here try writing to Dear Abbey.........MAN UP make a decision YOURSELF

OMG! Have you seen how much things cost in Thailand? The rent, the food, the beauty products, the night out with a friend, the transportation, the family needs, etc. 15,000 baht wont cut it, she needs at least 45,000baht to get by per month.

Come ... declare your hand now!

... written by a nice Thai Lady ... rolleyes.gif

David MFG has hacked your account cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I spent THB 15.000 last time I was out drinking... So you need to send her much more!

Where did you go to, the pimp? wub.png

Nope, just had a full day/night drinking session with a couple of friends. Can't remember all of it, besides we had A LOT of fun ;-) Was worth every THB spent.

Some prefer cheap.

She is ex Thai police,

@tk

So a criminal type then.

@lj

I prefer young and pretty over old and worn.

Payment is besides the point.

Edited by FiftyTwo

Very sensible.

Ohh, I think you've got that wrong if that is general advice. Why would I not marry a peasant girl in my home country?

Would you marry a prostitute from your home country ? Surely not.

• Like 1

Would you marry a prostitute from your home country ? Surely not.

How would I know if she was a prostitute? Say we met shopping at the mall and she told me she was a widow.

The reason I ask, is because I think you are an expert on prostitutes. Hope you don't mind me reading your past posts.