Oman Air Sale

yermanee

Thanks Yermanee perfect timing, I was looking at flights last week and once again forgot about Oman.

How did you get the notification of the sale ? after my last trip with Emirates biz class - horrible (I know I should have listened to you and tried Oman) I signed up for email alerts with a few carriers however I seem to learn more here when sales are posted.

I signed up specifically for Omans offerings and just checked my email and nothing as yet. Do you have status and they give you advance notice ?

Thanks again.

Thanks Yermanee perfect timing, I was looking at flights last week and once again forgot about Oman.

How did you get the notification of the sale ? after my last trip with Emirates biz class - horrible (I know I should have listened to you and tried Oman) I signed up for email alerts with a few carriers however I seem to learn more here when sales are posted.

I signed up specifically for Omans offerings and just checked my email and nothing as yet. Do you have status and they give you advance notice ?

Thanks again.

Hi Todd,

Yes I'm gold member with Oman, and no I don't think I get advance notice but one can never be sure.

Just got the notice by email last night.

Did you fly the 380 from emirates ?

Good luck with your booking thumbsup.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

Thanks again.

Hi Todd,

Yes I'm gold member with Oman, and no I don't think I get advance notice but one can never be sure.

Yermanee wai.gif

Thanks Yermanee I'll keep checking, I thought perhaps spam but it's not there as yet.

On the 4 legs, 3 were 777's and that was the worst part. The one leg on the A380 the seat was decent enough however the breakfast wasn't to my liking. I was also in the last row upstairs and the galley was behind me and the FA's wouldn't stop taking, I wouldn't have minded if understood Tagalog :) I went with the flow about meals but I'd prefer a proper meal according to departure time not arrival time, it's a little embarassing ordering a glass of wine with an omelette.

I'm sure some people like them it just wasn't my cup of tea, I found the ground and air staff very cold as no one smiled. I've only travelled J class for the last 10-15 years and am aware of my baggage allowance they seemed confused that I wasn't a member of their FFP and kept trying to get me to sign up. I knew it would most likely be a one off and didn't bother.

The lounge in Bangkok was good, however London was awful, Dubai was super nice.

I won't use them again as I only wanted to try Birmingham but after the experience I'll stick to Heathrow.

Oman looks like a premium product and will definately try them for this upcoming trip.

Thanks again.

Hi Todd,

Yermanee wai.gif

Oman looks like a premium product and will definately try them for this upcoming trip.

Skytrax Best Business Class 2010, 2011, and 2012 with Runner Up in 2013 to JAL......

New Terminal being built but for moment still up and down the steps at Muscat

Thanks again.

Hi Todd,

Yermanee wai.gif

Thanks Yermanee I'll keep checking, I thought perhaps spam but it's not there as yet.

On the 4 legs, 3 were 777's and that was the worst part. The one leg on the A380 the seat was decent enough however the breakfast wasn't to my liking. I was also in the last row upstairs and the galley was behind me and the FA's wouldn't stop taking, I wouldn't have minded if understood Tagalog smile.png I went with the flow about meals but I'd prefer a proper meal according to departure time not arrival time, it's a little embarassing ordering a glass of wine with an omelette.

I'm sure some people like them it just wasn't my cup of tea, I found the ground and air staff very cold as no one smiled. I've only travelled J class for the last 10-15 years and am aware of my baggage allowance they seemed confused that I wasn't a member of their FFP and kept trying to get me to sign up. I knew it would most likely be a one off and didn't bother.

I won't use them again as I only wanted to try Birmingham but after the experience I'll stick to Heathrow.

We did warn you Todd, at least it appears you got the decent lounge/terminal in Dubai and not Mumbai Station. wai.gif

• Like 1

Just did a dummy booking for LHR and it still comes in way over EVA, who with their new Business product will be getting a lot of my business in preference to Thai First.

Fair enough, one tip though best to pre-order your meal tongue.png

Yermanee wai.gif

Thanks again.

Hi Todd,

Yermanee wai.gif

On the 4 legs, 3 were 777's and that was the worst part. The one leg on the A380 the seat was decent enough however the breakfast wasn't to my liking. I was also in the last row upstairs and the galley was behind me and the FA's wouldn't stop taking, I wouldn't have minded if understood Tagalog smile.png I went with the flow about meals but I'd prefer a proper meal according to departure time not arrival time, it's a little embarassing ordering a glass of wine with an omelette.

Several times i have had the same issue upstairs on the A380 BKK - DXB, i told the Purser it was like trying to sleep on a pub floor, he moved my away from the bar area.

IMO putting all the research into building that plane the bar area should have been in a sealed sound proofed area as not to effect other passengers however there may be a very good reason it's been built like that?

• Like 1