The unkindest cut of all, maybe - maybe not.

David48

The unkindest cut of all, maybe - maybe not ... yes, that ageless classic Parental Dilemma ... Circumcision.

Now, before this goes any further ... I'm only interested in hearing replies from couples who have 1/2 Thai/Western Kids.

If you don't have them ... please don't bother to reply ... there will be other soapboxes for you espouse your ideals, moralities and opinions.

If the Moderation Team could keep a close watch on this ... that would be warmly appreciated ... thumbsup.gif

So, we've just had TWIN Boys ... it's been a richly rewarding experience for both of us.

They will grow up in the West, but once they they are men ... the choice will be theirs as to where and how they live their lives ... we just wish to give them the best start we can.

Naturally, the question of Circumcision as raised it's head (no pun intended).

Both myself and my partner have an open mind on the subject.

To help us decide what we should do, it would be great to hear from others who, in the past, have been faced with this issue, what you contemplated and what was the eventual decision?

It's a sensitive and delicate issue to negotiate ... but we are open to others experiences and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in Advance.

David48 and MissFarmGirl

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments above ... but frankly ... none of is what I am looking for.

A morality debate ... can be done elsewhere.

So ... from the OP, I'll even underline the important bit ...

Now, before this goes any further ... I'm only interested in hearing replies from couples who have 1/2 Thai/Western Kids.

If I get no replies from recent parents who have contemplated this ... no problems.

It takes a brave person, to discuss on an open forum this topic ... hopefully there are some out there.

Certain topics imo should just be decided by the parents in privacy, perhaps researching the topic pros and cons online and speaking with medical experts if it helps.

I remember the last thread on this subject and it had those who are against it calling those for it barbaric parents. It just got ugly and quite angry, and really it's no ones business what parents decide for their own kids.

David I wish you MFG and the lads all the best with whatever you guys decide, I know it will be the right decision.wai.gif

• Like 2

I do have a half thai son, he is perfectly intact as neither his thai father nor I would ever consider changing that. I just asked his thai dad if he thought it a good idea and his response was, I don't hate my son. So take from that what you will.

Boo, thanks for this ... it's a great reply.

I just get a little frustrated with the forum sometimes when you ask an honest question from people have faced a similar decision ... and the Lesbian Gay Whale Movement show up (insert anyone with an agenda) and try and hijack the thread with their nonsense.

What is slightly different for us is that the kids will be living in the West for maybe the first 20 years of their lives (we don't plan to live in Thailand, due mainly to the schooling system) and maybe all their adult life.

Hence the question and hopefully some insightful answers from parents.

Thanks also for the other three replies above ... appreciated ... thumbsup.gif

Phimosis.

Can't believe nobody mentioned it - OP, incase you decide against circumcision, make at least sure your son does not have phimosis, i.e. is unable to uncover his glans without pain.

I guess that is what I probably had until the age of 13 or 14. My foreskin was too tight to pull back even a little bit until then.

By the age of 16 it would come back fully and completely, completely (I suppose the word is) elasticated.

Of course during those years it was ahem, exercised, about 17 times daily.

• Like 2

Phimosis.

Can't believe nobody mentioned it - OP, incase you decide against circumcision, make at least sure your son does not have phimosis, i.e. is unable to uncover his glans without pain.

My nephew in the UK, had to have this done at the age of seven. Was in a lot of discomfort before, a lot of pain during and after the operation.

He is now 36. And healthy.

If you are going to get it done, do it now when they are babies. Do not wait or have to wait until they are older.

But, as others have said, it is your decision and private.

BTW, do they have names yet???

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 1

A very pertinent question.

Do they have phimosis?

btw, I believe that using warm soapy bath water at bathtime to gently elasticate the foreskin if it is tight is a common procedure should you feel there are any issues.

As I've said my foreskin wouldn't retract even a tiny bit until I was 12 or 13.

By 16 it couldn't have been more elasticated if it was made out of warm rubber.

As a child I suffered, so I am told, with a terrible infection of the penis & i was not circumcised....

That said, my wife and I both strongly believe in leaving him as nature intended - un cut! I was warned by a friens that a certain Dr, was keen to cut, I warned him if he cut my son I would cut him! Its the most out of date form of body modification I can think of.

He is of course half thai....

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments above ... but frankly ... none of is what I am looking for.

So you are only looking for answers that confirm what you want to do anyway.

Geeze ... how straightforward do you have to with some people ... facepalm.gif

I've said this twice thus far ...

When I wrote that quoted line (which has been taken out of context) ... none of the replies then had been from ... couples who have identified themselves as having 1/2 Thai/Western Kids.

Again ... both my partner and I have an open mind on the issue.

I also expected better of those who 'liked' your comment.

Maybe I am too much of an optimist ... but I thought that on this Forum, we did our best to help the members ... not judge them ... dry.png

I do have a half thai son, he is perfectly intact as neither his thai father nor I would ever consider changing that. I just asked his thai dad if he thought it a good idea and his response was, I don't hate my son. So take from that what you will.

Boo, thanks for this ... it's a great reply.

I just get a little frustrated with the forum sometimes when you ask an honest question from people have faced a similar decision ... and the Lesbian Gay Whale Movement show up (insert anyone with an agenda) and try and hijack the thread with their nonsense.

What is slightly different for us is that the kids will be living in the West for maybe the first 20 years of their lives (we don't plan to live in Thailand, due mainly to the schooling system) and maybe all their adult life.

Hence the question and hopefully some insightful answers from parents.

Thanks also for the other three replies above ... appreciated ... thumbsup.gif

Not sure why you would even think about it.

Unless you are Jewish or Muslim.

It's not normal in most of the western world (hardly anyone in the UK has it done).

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 2