The unkindest cut of all, maybe - maybe not.

David48

Most females prefer males who have circumcised.

No woman will refuse a man only for the fact that he has circumcised. But there are women who will refuse a man only for the fact that he is intact.

:cheesy:

Thanks.

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read. biggrin.png

On a sadder note I take it you've never seen images of circumcisions gone wrong. sad.png

Edited by Khon Thai Ben Khon Dee
  • Like 2

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why so many men are worrying about the pain?

Circumcision is extremely painful that's why the procedure is recommended for older boys.

For my own perception it's okay to feel the pain 1x only or ( one week ) compare to women who are suffering every month for ( monthly period ) and for giving birth.

Well this is just my opinion. Of course women can accept the man ( whatever he is ) because of love....

^ Well no. Having lost all of the Meissner's Corpuscles (you might want to read up on it, they are what we have at the end of our finger tips to detect very fine touch) that are in the Orifice Rim (mainly) and Outer Prepuce (secondly)... actually, wait a sec, it's probably easier just to link to a source and hope the OP reads it:

http://www.thewholenetwork.org/14/post/2012/01/the-touch-test-can-you-feel-the-difference.html

Edited by Khon Thai Ben Khon Dee
  • Like 1

May I ask to refocus on the intent of the OP please?

Thanks ... thumbsup.gif

"To help us decide what we should do, it would be great to hear from others who, in the past, have been faced with this issue, what you contemplated and what was the eventual decision?

It's a sensitive and delicate issue to negotiate ... but we are open to others experiences and look forward to hearing from you."

Is discussing the reasons why we chose not to, with our 1/2 Thai 1/2 Western children, not wanted?

To help you out... what would be your reasons for doing it? and what would be your reasons for not doing it?

Our little boy is rapidly approaching 3 1/2 and when he was born in the UK the thought of having him circumcised never crossed my mind and I'm pretty sure it never crossed the wife's mind.

At least if it did she certainly never mentioned it and she doesn't tend to be shy in coming forwards if she has something on her mind.

My father in his mid 70's was cut as I believe was common for his generation, but my parents did not have the procedure carried out on me.

His Yai has bathed him many times whilst in Thailand and never voiced an opinion on this matter.

Unlike some posters, done young enough I don't think the procedure is particularly cruel but I see no benefit so why even consider it?

• Like 2

I was done at about 4 - it was done in a hospital under twilight anaesthetic, I remember playing with the other kids on the ward and playing with toy cars, but nothing of any pain. I was done because of peeing problems, hole misaligned I guess, so I peed like a spray gun! When I had my son, I never even thought about it - and he was never done - the other 3 since were girls.

As for the other stuff being posted - I never had a problem with sensitivity, I know that the old Jewish way of doing it via the Rabbi and a manual tool, it is understandable that nerve damage could happen, but in a hospital? Doubt it. As a teen a lot of my girl friends (I was a bit of a dog in my teens ;)) were impressed with the lack of smell problem, but as said above soap and water fixes that! (not that teen boys are apt to make acquaintance!).

• Like 1

You do lose sensitivity from being circumcised. If an uncircumcised man were to pull back his foreskin and put his penis back in his pants (underwear) he would feel uncomfortable (slightly) due to the sensation of touching against whatever material the pants are made from.

This sensation heightens sexual pleasure, fact...

Why would you take that pleasure away from your son? I'd not be happy if my parents done that to me! Although I guess I'd know no difference like some of the posters on this subject.

• Like 2

I am facing the same decision and here are my thoughts. First, newborns do not have the sensitivity to pain in that region of the body, so it is not barbaric and cruel. Second, I am circumcised and wonder if the boy is different from me if that will be an issue. Third, the area where the boy will be raised has boys who are circumcised, so I don't want him to be different when in the shower room. Last, and my biggest concern, he will be born in Thailand where doctors don't have as much experience performing the procedure, and I dont want a hack job. I am still unsettled and will wait to see what happens at the hospital.

• Like 1

It's a medieval practice!! Doing that to an infant boy is simply criminal and should be severely punished by law.

I have a half 11yo boy who was born in Bumrungrad and I was astonished when the obstetrician asked me and my wife if we wanted our son to be circumcised. I asked why he proposed to do such a mutilation to our baby and he explained that he had finished his MD in the US and that it was a common practice over there at that time. Of course we refused his offer and our son is happily intact.

• Like 1

So, all of your 11,000 posts were totally neutral and nonjudgmental in whatever forum ... not counting your condescending posts in this thread of course?

suradit69 ... you are welcome to highlight my condescending posts.

Need to hid behind shadows now ... whistling.gif

Jingthing ... welcome to the discussion ... I noticed you liked suradit69 comment. Thought you might have had one yourself?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Our little boy is rapidly approaching 3 1/2 and when he was born in the UK the thought of having him circumcised never crossed my mind and I'm pretty sure it never crossed the wife's mind....
I was done at about 4 - it was done in a hospital under twilight anaesthetic, I remember playing with the other kids on the ward and playing with toy cars, but nothing of any pain. I was done because of peeing problems, hole misaligned I guess, so I peed like a spray gun! When I had my son, I never even thought about it - and he was never done - the other 3 since were girls...
You do lose sensitivity from being circumcised. If an uncircumcised man were to pull back his foreskin and put his penis back in his pants (underwear) he would feel uncomfortable (slightly) due to the sensation of touching against whatever material the pants are made from ...

Thanks for the replies ... have added positively to the discussion ... thumbsup.gif

;b++){var>

It's a medieval practice!! Doing that to an infant boy is simply criminal and should be severely punished by law.

I have a half 11yo boy who was born in Bumrungrad and I was astonished when the obstetrician asked me and my wife if we wanted our son to be circumcised. I asked why he proposed to do such a mutilation to our baby and he explained that he had finished his MD in the US and that it was a common practice over there at that time. Of course we refused his offer and our son is happily intact.

Actually, it's a great post!

I understand that you are against it ... but it does highlight the question that medical professionals do ask the question.

It appears to a common, though declining practice in the western world ... where our kids will grow up.

We've (my Thai partner and I) have all but decided that it's a no cut, but we do appreciate the comments, some with a deal of passion, regarding the OP ... wai.gif

I just received a PM from a member ...

My reply, in part, below ...

****** ... I've been a member here for some years ... over that time I've had countless PM's.

That, without doubt, was one of the nicest, heartfelt, informative (based on personal experience) I have ever received.

I tip my hat to you ...

It's guys like you that keep place an enjoyable place to post.

Thanks for that ... thumbsup.gif

Phimosis.

Can't believe nobody mentioned it - OP, incase you decide against circumcision, make at least sure your son does not have phimosis, i.e. is unable to uncover his glans without pain.

I know that the initiator of this discussion required answers from those who have had one or more half-Thai half-Western children. But since the issue of Phimosis has arisen, I thought I ought to reply, for reasons that will become apparent below.

Phimosis is the constriction of the foreskin such that it cannot be drawn back over the head or glans of the penis. Since phimosis is actually a natural occurrence in newborns, infants and young children, this should not give rise to any concern to the individual or his parents at that stage.

However, phimosis may be deemed "pathological" when it interfers with the normal function of the organ. Although circumcision is traditionally recommended in such cases among adults, there are other approaches - look up phimosis in wikipedia for the options.

In the case of a newborn or young child, pathological phimosis will usually only mean that there are problems with urination or if there is pain or infection.

In my own case as a newborn, I suffered from pathological phimosis that radically restricted urination. Within hours of my birth, the very nice young surgeon used a scalpel to very skillfully release the constriction at the end of my foreskin. The relief was so great that I peed into his face with gratitude. I never had any problem with the foreskin since then and was eternally grateful to all concerned that I was not circumcised.

As far as I know, circumcision is not normally practiced in Thailand. Nor is it normally practiced in Western countries, with the exception of certain religious minorities.

• Like 2

I have a son with my Lao gf and the subject has never come up. Just as well really as I would never have my son circumcised and I think it has been proven that there is no benefit to having it done.

As like some people have said it is important to keep it clean, but I haven't heard anyone say you should never try to forcibly retract an uncircumcised foreskin. This should be common sense, and also makes keeping the head of the penis clean pretty much impossible. At birth the foreskin is fully attached to the penis and slowly starts to separate with age. By age 4 this process is fully underway but can take as long as age 18 in some rare cases. Forcible retracting can cause tremendous damage to a very sensitive area.

So, if you see granny with her hands down there make sure she doesn't do anything stupid!

Geez, Dave, now you've got me a tad confused as well...!

Time and time again you've stressed that you only wanted to hear from people with Thai/Western kids, and then you've "Liked" this post!

This guy's son is clearly Lao/Western.

What gives...?

• Like 1

Those who get circumcised later in life are perhaps the most unfortunate, as they have become accustomed to the protective covering and therefore perceive an enormous difference (and perhaps injustice) when they get cut. It can be understandably emotionally scarring to force a person to go through this later in life, too.

Those, like I, who got cut in the few days after birth, have nothing to compare with and therefore can't understand what all the hubbub is about. I'm plenty sensitive but that's only because I've been like this my whole life and the sensory nerve endings have adapted to the keratinized surface of the glans. I could not imagine being any more sensitive that I already am.

I'm personally conflicted. I have no regrets that my parents decided to have me circumcised. In fact, I'm very relieved that they didn't leave it up to me. That would have been a terrible choice for me to make. I can't imagine what kind of unbearable pain or state of disfigurement I'd have to be in to make me decide to have my foreskin sliced off, followed by weeks of even more pain. Thanks to my parents, the point is moot and I bear neither memory nor grudge.

Having said that, I'm a fan of personal choice and I'll admit that I'm leaning in the direction of circumcision = bad (barring extenuating circumstances). I suspect the practice will slowly die out as the decades pass.

As far as accurately and objectively comparing sensitivity between a cut and uncut state, well that's very difficult to do unless you have study of men who have experienced both conditions. Oh look, there's one right here.

Compared to before they were circumcised, 64.0% of circumcised men available at 24 months reported their penis was much more sensitive, and 54.5% rated their ease of reaching orgasm as much more. [The rest reported no change.]

Conclusions: There were no differences in sexual function between circumcised and uncircumcised men. Circumcised men were generally satisfied with their circumcision and many reported increased penile sensitivity and enhanced ease of reaching orgasm.

And finally, with regard to this:

psst... let me tell you a secret. any surprise by "stinky or cheesy bits" can be rather easily avoided... there's water and there is soap.

Yes, can be avoided but usually isn't. I'm sorry but men are pigs. Most men I am acquainted with have no qualms about walking around with body odor that could fell an oxen. I can't believe that, presented with an opportunity for sex, a typical man is going to say "sorry but do you mind if I run home and take a shower first?"

So if you decide to have your son circumcised, do it as soon as possible. He'll most likely grow up to be thankful that you didn't leave the decision in his hands. And if you decide to forgo circumcision, he'll most likely grow up thankful that you didn't do it, but left the decision to him. Either way, he'll most likely be fine with either outcome.

Here's comedy writer Dave Barry's old column, coincidentally with the same title as this thread. It's worth a chuckle.

Edited by attrayant
  • Like 1

As far as I know, circumcision is not normally practiced in Thailand. Nor is it normally practiced in Western countries, with the exception of certain religious minorities.

Here's the ranking table.

http://www.photius.com/rankings/circumcised_men_country_ranks.html

The US is way up there with 80%

I find it interesting that the OP

1. defined the group that he wanted to have replies from

and

2. also "policed" the answers, giving just a few "positive" rankings, and by implication all the rest neutral or negative ranking.

Now, if we take group 1, where he only wants replies from those in the same situation as he is, I regard as bordering on immoral and displays a lack of empathy towards the potential subjects of this medically unnecessary operation.

Maybe we can take an example from the recent news of the Thai owned but Burmese crewed fishing boats. If the Thai captains got together and discussed how they treated the crew, they would quite possibly all agree and condone the routine subhuman treatment of the poor Burmese slaves. But if you asked the Burmese how they felt, the answer would be quite different.

The group to select for opinions should be those who, in childhood, were routinely and unnecessarily circumcised. If, out of this group, you found just one male who regretted that it had been done, then it is very clear, IMO, that it should NEVER be done without a medical justification.

The operation is essentially irreversible. Anybody in the group of uncircumcised men who wished it HAD been done, has that option open his entire life.

Give the children the right to decide themselves.

That is morally the only acceptable action.