The unkindest cut of all, maybe - maybe not.

David48

My Wife (Thai) and I have just have recently had a boy...

This was a subject I had never even considered until many of my Thai friends and Wife's family asked if we were going to opt to have our son circumcised.

My opinion on the matter was fairly straight forward: No, why would we wish that ?

The subject did open up a polite topic of discussion with a couple of friends... usually based around hygiene, religious reasons are not a factor.

I pointed out that a number of years ago, before widespread knowledge of cleanliness it may have been something worth evaluating, but these days I see no reason to 'cut' our son, I see no benefit whatsoever.

In these discussions one story did crop up of a toddler who had some sort of calcified growth under his foreskin and required an operation. Given such an example I questioned the carelessness (or ignorance) of his parents in keeping their son 'clean'...

No one pressed the issue, so I very much doubt that its of any real significance although I did get the impression that it's the 'done' think in Thailand.

Not that its a common restaurant topic, but at the time when it did crop up, most of the Thai's I know with young boys have taken the circumcision option. My Western friends who have young children have opted not to.

David: Congratulations on the twins, I hope they grow to be strong young toddlers.

• Like 2

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^,

I regularly play sports with Thais, whether its football or golf and have been in more changing rooms than I can shake a stick at,

from what I have observed its not the done thing to get them cut.

None of my wifes family have had the snip.

Maybe a class thing or not I honsetly dont know.

One thing I have observered over the years is these old women playing with the kids foreskin (in the west social services would have taken them away for child abuse) may well have been loosening the foreskin I dont know.

Can anyone give me a medical reason for it.

PS, for those farang who think the Thais aint well hung, think again.

• Like 2

This was a subject I had never even considered until many of my Thai friends and Wife's family asked if we were going to opt to have our son circumcised.

<snip>

Thanks for that ... just the sort of discussion point I was hoping for ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

based on his earlier postings i always considered David a level-headed and rather rational man. now i'm a wee bit confused and... unsure.png

please ignore my posting because i have not sired any Thai sons... to the best of my knowledge tongue.png

• Like 1

based on his earlier postings i always considered David a level-headed and rather rational man. now i'm a wee bit confused and... unsure.png

please ignore my posting because i have not sired any Thai sons... to the best of my knowledge tongue.png

Premature infants, possible complications, double trouble (twins), extreme lack of sleep...

I suspect all of this equates to a lack of tolerance to the usual idiots who offer nothing to what the Op has very clearly requested to remain a serious and frank discussion...

I too noted that the response from the Op was a dash out of character, but understand that he has probably applied plenty of restraint given the stupidity and smart arsed nature from one or two of the posters who simply can't help themselves...

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

I have a son with my Lao gf and the subject has never come up. Just as well really as I would never have my son circumcised and I think it has been proven that there is no benefit to having it done.

As like some people have said it is important to keep it clean, but I haven't heard anyone say you should never try to forcibly retract an uncircumcised foreskin. This should be common sense, and also makes keeping the head of the penis clean pretty much impossible. At birth the foreskin is fully attached to the penis and slowly starts to separate with age. By age 4 this process is fully underway but can take as long as age 18 in some rare cases. Forcible retracting can cause tremendous damage to a very sensitive area.

So, if you see granny with her hands down there make sure she doesn't do anything stupid!

• Like 2

<snip>

Thanks for that ... just the sort of discussion point I was hoping for ... thumbsup.gif

Are your Thai friends Muslims?

Because I'm in the north, and nobody else does that up here.

It's not even something that is considered.

My boy is two and intact.

• Like 1

Have not read the comments yet....no doubt there is the 'l miss my foreskin' comments, and the abuse and loss of sensation etc etc...

l had it done as a pup and certainly prefer to be this way than looking like a toad in a hole.....no stinky or cheesey bits to surprise the missus or gf's in the past.....

We did our son, it was a mutual 100% decision and glad we did.

However we did it in oz at 6 months old, do not put it off until older, do it now while it is no biggy....pun included....

<snip>

Are your Thai friends Muslims?

Because I'm in the north, and nobody else does that up here.

It's not even something that is considered.

My boy is two and intact.

They're Bangkok Thai... quite well off etc...

I suspect this could be a socio-economic decision. Is it an Operation that requires payment in the public hospitals ?

Mate ... I'm/we're still the same.

We just want what is best for the boys.

When I grew up, almost all the boys were 'mushroom heads' (cut) ... if you weren't you were teased.

Times change ... we just want to keep up with the changes.

Because a few (respected) guys as yourself have mentioned it ... maybe the OP reads as as a justification to have the cut ... far from it.

Just want to ask what others, in a similar situation discussed when faced with the same question.

From reading the responses and looking at the demographics for procedural operations in Australia ... it's almost certain that they will remain 'intact'.

We have an open mind

• Like 1

Have not read the comments yet....no doubt there is the 'l miss my foreskin' comments, and the abuse and loss of sensation etc etc...

l had it done as a pup and certainly prefer to be this way than looking like a toad in a hole.....no stinky or cheesey bits to surprise the missus or gf's in the past.....

However we did it in oz at 6 months old, do not put it off until older, do it now while it is no biggy....pun included....

For and against ... a debate needs both sides of an opinion to be healthy.

I know others may disagree with your decision ... but there are some who do ... and some who do not.

It takes a strong person to post when the weight of public opinion doesn't agree with you.

Thanks ... thumbsup.gif

They're both cute...

But the baby in the left side is the cutest... happy.png

Thanks for sharing the photo.

As you look at the photo ... Jackson on the left ... Breydon on the right.

What's nice is that both babies have ... 'oh ... he's the cutest' in the Thai Family.

All goes well for the future birthdays.

BTW ... during the day, they are 'MasterCard Moments' ... money can't buy them ... they are Angels.

At night-time however ... they (really) turn into Devils in Diapers ... and they are 'Buy one, get one Free' ... w00t.gif

• Like 1

I hope this topic should be discuss to the Ladies Forum...

god no, keep them out of it, they get their nose stuck into everything....tis mans business

i don't agree. peckers (cut or uncut) are ladies' business too. exceptions prove the rule.

laugh.png

psst... let me tell you a secret. any surprise by "stinky or cheesy bits" can be rather easily avoided... there's water and there is soap.

p.s. and that does not only apply to "plugs" but also to "sockets".

dry.png

• Like 2