The unkindest cut of all, maybe - maybe not.

David48

Hi David,

I have a 6 month old half-Thai son, and I agree that to have him clipped while young is a good idea.

Before I go into any further detail I will tell you that my mother had me clipped when I was 8 or 9 years old as I had the pain that somebody else mentioned in a previous post, but it wasn't too painful after the op. I did however cause myself some pain though, by pouring aftershave into my bath as I did at that age (no idea why) and I still remember to this day, possibly the most painful experience I have ever had which saw me fly out of that bath like nothing short of a bullet from a gun. I still remember the name of that cheap shi t aftershave - 'censored' swear to God.

Anyway, after the clipping my days at school were brilliant, as I was a master of pissing contests (higher than everybody else) and that's what school was all about back then. Then there is the fact and I don't care what anybody says, that most girls prefer clipped men as they are generally cleaner and look less ugly.

So back to the original point, I am discussing this with my missus, and we will probably go for getting the young lad clipped sooner rather than later, as at least at his young age, there won't be any chance of him pouring aftershave into the bath and going through the same pain and mental scarring as his stupid father did!

Hope this helps.

Bobo.

• Like 1

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who get circumcised later in life are perhaps the most unfortunate, as they have become accustomed to the protective covering and therefore perceive an enormous difference (and perhaps injustice) when they get cut. It can be understandably emotionally scarring to force a person to go through this later in life, too.

Those, like I, who got cut in the few days after birth, have nothing to compare with and therefore can't understand what all the hubbub is about. I'm plenty sensitive but that's only because I've been like this my whole life and the sensory nerve endings have adapted to the keratinized surface of the glans. I could not imagine being any more sensitive that I already am.

I'm personally conflicted. I have no regrets that my parents decided to have me circumcised. In fact, I'm very relieved that they didn't leave it up to me. That would have been a terrible choice for me to make. I can't imagine what kind of unbearable pain or state of disfigurement I'd have to be in to make me decide to have my foreskin sliced off, followed by weeks of even more pain. Thanks to my parents, the point is moot and I bear neither memory nor grudge.

Having said that, I'm a fan of personal choice and I'll admit that I'm leaning in the direction of circumcision = bad (barring extenuating circumstances). I suspect the practice will slowly die out as the decades pass.

As far as accurately and objectively comparing sensitivity between a cut and uncut state, well that's very difficult to do unless you have study of men who have experienced both conditions. Oh look, there's one right here.

Compared to before they were circumcised, 64.0% of circumcised men available at 24 months reported their penis was much more sensitive, and 54.5% rated their ease of reaching orgasm as much more. [The rest reported no change.]

Conclusions: There were no differences in sexual function between circumcised and uncircumcised men. Circumcised men were generally satisfied with their circumcision and many reported increased penile sensitivity and enhanced ease of reaching orgasm.

And finally, with regard to this:

psst... let me tell you a secret. any surprise by "stinky or cheesy bits" can be rather easily avoided... there's water and there is soap.

Yes, can be avoided but usually isn't. I'm sorry but men are pigs. Most men I am acquainted with have no qualms about walking around with body odor that could fell an oxen. I can't believe that, presented with an opportunity for sex, a typical man is going to say "sorry but do you mind if I run home and take a shower first?"

So if you decide to have your son circumcised, do it as soon as possible. He'll most likely grow up to be thankful that you didn't leave the decision in his hands. And if you decide to forgo circumcision, he'll most likely grow up thankful that you didn't do it, but left the decision to him. Either way, he'll most likely be fine with either outcome.

Here's comedy writer Dave Barry's old column, coincidentally with the same title as this thread. It's worth a chuckle.

And OH LOOK!, there is on here.

http://sciencenordic.com/male-circumcision-leads-bad-sex-life

recently run in Denmark without an AIDS prevention agenda behind it.

Hi David,

I have a 6 month old half-Thai son, and I agree that to have him clipped while young is a good idea.

Before I go into any further detail I will tell you that my mother had me clipped when I was 8 or 9 years old as I had the pain that somebody else mentioned in a previous post, but it wasn't too painful after the op. I did however cause myself some pain though, by pouring aftershave into my bath as I did at that age (no idea why) and I still remember to this day, possibly the most painful experience I have ever had which saw me fly out of that bath like nothing short of a bullet from a gun. I still remember the name of that cheap shi t aftershave - 'censored' swear to God.

Anyway, after the clipping my days at school were brilliant, as I was a master of pissing contests (higher than everybody else) and that's what school was all about back then. Then there is the fact and I don't care what anybody says, that most girls prefer clipped men as they are generally cleaner and look less ugly.

So back to the original point, I am discussing this with my missus, and we will probably go for getting the young lad clipped sooner rather than later, as at least at his young age, there won't be any chance of him pouring aftershave into the bath and going through the same pain and mental scarring as his stupid father did!

Hope this helps.

Bobo.

So would will have him circumcised because

1. he will be able to piss higher; pulling back my foreskin enabled me to piss as high as the rest. Not that I can think of an conceivable use for this.

2. You don't care what people say

3. you claim it as a fact that most girls care. How about proving that one? The Danish survey in a link above states otherwise.

4. generally cleaner is an non-substantiated opinion

5. aesthetics is a personal opinion.

6. you want him to avoid pain caused by pouring aftershave into the bath for some unknown reason

Sorry, but I really can't see any reason to subject a kid to a medical operation with inherent risks and the possibility he will not be happy about it later in life

Where do you see an "agenda"? And even if it does have an "agenda" behind it, why is that automatically a bad thing? Do you see anything problematic with the controls or procedures?

I was circumcised at age 17 due to peer pressure.

Let me tell you, sex was MUCH better BEFORE I

was circumcised. The head of the penis was much

more sensitive and sex was incredible. I have

regretted that decision all my life.

The OP is only interested in your answer if you have a half Thai half western child.

Where do you see an "agenda"? And even if it does have an "agenda" behind it, why is that automatically a bad thing? Do you see anything problematic with the controls or procedures?

The agenda is that they consider that circumcised males are less likely to contract AIDS, so more males should be circumcised.

I do not know whether this is a statistically proven fact.

The African study did not say how many men actually came back to complete the survey, we only had, for example, 64% of "available men after 24 months". So this brings into question the entire survey. Maybe the other guys were so pissed at losing sensitivity they never came back?

The Danish is more recent, there are more samples and the female side of things was also considered, it also agrees with other surveys and reports.

But really, I would claim the whole thing is self evident if you consider the way the penis moves within the vagina. The whole thing has evolved to provide us with the maximum amount of pleasure in order for the genes to reproduce. Any surgical interference in the mechanics is going to reduce pleasure, and this has, indeed, been cited as why the whole circumcision thing started off, to reduce the pleasure in having sex.

An extreme example is female circumcision, where essentially the vestigial penis in the form of the clitoris is removed to eliminate pleasure.

The whole idea of unnecessary surgical operations on young kids strikes me as utterly perverse.

Hi David,

Hope this helps.

Bobo.

1. he will be able to piss higher; pulling back my foreskin enabled me to piss as high as the rest. Not that I can think of an conceivable use for this.

3. you claim it as a fact that most girls care. How about proving that one? The Danish survey in a link above states otherwise.

6. you want him to avoid pain caused by pouring aftershave into the bath for some unknown reason

Sorry, but I really can't see any reason to subject a kid to a medical operation with inherent risks and the possibility he will not be happy about it later in life

Hi 12,

Here's my answers. Remember I'm just giving my opinion, I am not saying that it is the right or wrong way. I'm the father remember.

1. It's a positive anyway when at school.

2. In my experience girls have always told me they prefer it.

3. I don't live in, nor come from Denmark, so that comment is irrelevant. I said it was from my own experience, and that's how I live and learn.

4. Correct, but unfortunately again from my experience girls have told me it's cleaner.

5. True, but it's not about aesthetics in our case.

6. Yes. He can't open a bottle of aftershave at 6 months, nor bath himself for that matter.

Hope that clears things up for you.

BTW, i'll give you a pissing high contest anytime!

If there is a chance that my son will have the same pain I had before the op at age 8 or 9, then having this done before he knows anything about it is surely the right thing to do. Also note that Muslim, Jewish and I'm sure many more religions perform this op when young. Honestly until I read the comments, I didn't realize it was frowned upon by so many.

Is it not also cruel to give your child a religion before he is old enough to understand what you are subjecting him to?

Edited by baxida

The agenda is that they consider that circumcised males are less likely to contract AIDS, so more males should be circumcised.

I would not call that an agenda, I would call that the focus if the study. It seems that you and I have different definitions of the word 'agenda'. I use the word to mean a conflict of interest that leads to bias and confirms already-held beliefs.

But really, I would claim the whole thing is self evident[...]

An extreme example is female circumcision[...]

The whole idea of unnecessary surgical operations on young kids strikes me as utterly perverse.

Wow, now who has the agenda?

Anyway this is a tangent I'm not interested in pursuing. When considering this issue, we should have our child's interests at heart, not our own biases fueled be heated emotions. As I said, by the time he's old enough to make an informed decision, the child most likely won't care one way or the other. If you have him cut, he'll grow up to be glad that you did. If you don't have him cut, he'll grow up to be glad that you didn't.

• Like 1

Our boy is 18 months old. We did consider it and spoke to a surgeon about it. He gave us the pros and cons of what could happen with the surgery We live in Thailand and our boy was born here. My wife left the decision up to me, Due to my age I did not want any more complications for our boy and decided against it. He is a very healthy and robust boy.

Good luck David and Farmgirl. Enjoy your family.

• Like 1

Hi David,

Hope this helps.

Bobo.

Hi 12,

Here's my answers. Remember I'm just giving my opinion, I am not saying that it is the right or wrong way. I'm the father remember.

3. I don't live in, nor come from Denmark, so that comment is irrelevant. I said it was from my own experience, and that's how I live and learn.

4. Correct, but unfortunately again from my experience girls have told me it's cleaner.

6. Yes. He can't open a bottle of aftershave at 6 months, nor bath himself for that matter.

If there is a chance that my son will have the same pain I had before the op at age 8 or 9, then having this done before he knows anything about it is surely the right thing to do. Also note that Muslim, Jewish and I'm sure many more religions perform this op when young. Honestly until I read the comments, I didn't realize it was frowned upon by so many.

Is it not also cruel to give your child a religion before he is old enough to understand what you are subjecting him to?

Thanks for the reply.

You have not given any reason for justifying inflicting this on the kid, except to avoid pain later in life. I am certain that at any age a kid will experience pain. Maybe he could avoid it altogether?

Circumcision through religious beliefs is absolutely not a valid reason. We used to burn "witches" through religious beliefs, but at some point in history that was considered immoral and barbarous.

There are many aspects to religion.

It can bind communities, provide social activities, advice and hope.

It can also disseminate hatred, destruction and lies.

So I cannot argue that religion is totally evil or totally good.

But I can argue that if the mutilation of a defenseless child is unnecessary for the health of that child.

All operations carry a degree of risk

Circumcision is an operation.

Operations are unnecessary in healthy children.

The child is healthy.

Therefore the child does not need an operation.

Therefore circumcision should not be carried out.

And I could tack on

All parents love their children.

No parents would increase any risk to their children's health.

All operations have a health risk.

Circumcision is an operation.

Therefore no parents would circumcise their sons.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

Hi David,

Hope this helps.

Bobo.

Hi 12,

Thanks for the reply.

You have not given any reason for justifying inflicting this on the kid, except to avoid pain later in life. I am certain that at any age a kid will experience pain. Maybe he could avoid it altogether?

Circumcision through religious beliefs is absolutely not a valid reason. We used to burn "witches" through religious beliefs, but at some point in history that was considered immoral and barbarous.

There are many aspects to religion.

It can bind communities, provide social activities, advice and hope.

It can also disseminate hatred, destruction and lies.

So I cannot argue that religion is totally evil or totally good.

But I can argue that if the mutilation of a defenseless child is unnecessary for the health of that child.

And that child is healthy.

And that circumcision has risks to the health of that child.

And all operations carry a degree of risk.

Circumcision should not be carried out.

And that is the only conclusion I need to satisfy the argument.

Again, 12.

This is only my opinion, and I do not need to justify this to you nor anybody, I am only giving the OP my own experience and views on the subject.

In my opinion calling a common medical procedure 'mutilation' is a little bit daft. That's like saying getting your tonsils out is mutilation, isn't it?

Obviously we see two different sides to this, but remember it's up to the individual. I was brought up to respect my parents and I will never say that my mother had me 'mutilated' while being young and defenseless. I would respect that a decision was made for the best for me which funnily enough worked out fine!!

BTW what you used to do with witches isn't any of my business, but there's a slight difference between surgically chopping a small piece of skin off under general anesthetic, and burning them to death.

This is only my opinion, and I do not need to justify this to you nor anybody, I am only giving the OP my own experience and views on the subject.

In my opinion calling a common medical procedure 'mutilation' is a little bit daft. That's like saying getting your tonsils out is mutilation, isn't it?

Obviously we see two different sides to this, but remember it's up to the individual. I was brought up to respect my parents and I will never say that my mother had me 'mutilated' while being young and defenseless. I would respect that a decision was made for the best for me which funnily enough worked out fine!!

BTW what you used to do with witches isn't any of my business, but there's a slight difference between surgically chopping a small piece of skin off under general anesthetic, and burning them to death.

You only have your tonsils removed if there is a medical condition.

They are not sliced off at birth for no medical reason whatsoever.

And babies are certainly NOT given general anesthetic, they are, I believe, not given any anesthetic at all, not even local. And do you think they don't suffer some distress at the time?

I fail to see how anyone can argue that the surgical removal of any part of the human body for no health reason and without the consent of the victim can be justified at all.

Thanks for the comments above ... but frankly ... none of is what I am looking for.

So you are only looking for answers that confirm what you want to do anyway.

Geeze ... how straightforward do you have to with some people ... facepalm.gif

I've said this twice thus far ...

Now, before this goes any further ... I'm only interested in hearing replies from couples who have 1/2 Thai/Western Kids.

When I wrote that quoted line (which has been taken out of context) ... none of the replies then had been from ... couples who have identified themselves as having 1/2 Thai/Western Kids.

Again ... both my partner and I have an open mind on the issue.

I also expected better of those who 'liked' your comment.

Maybe I am too much of an optimist ... but I thought that on this Forum, we did our best to help the members ... not judge them ... dry.png

I think the kids are going to have much more serious issues with a father who is so bossy. Why not have one done and the other not

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments above ... but frankly ... none of is what I am looking for.

So you are only looking for answers that confirm what you want to do anyway.

Geeze ... how straightforward do you have to with some people ... facepalm.gif

I've said this twice thus far ...

Now, before this goes any further ... I'm only interested in hearing replies from couples who have 1/2 Thai/Western Kids.

When I wrote that quoted line (which has been taken out of context) ... none of the replies then had been from ... couples who have identified themselves as having 1/2 Thai/Western Kids.

Again ... both my partner and I have an open mind on the issue.

I also expected better of those who 'liked' your comment.

Maybe I am too much of an optimist ... but I thought that on this Forum, we did our best to help the members ... not judge them ... dry.png

I think the kids are going to have much more serious issues with a father who is so bossy. Why not have one done and the other not

Awesome

I am already looking forward to the monthly reports n this.

No comment on the bossy business.....sad.png

As far as I know, circumcision is not normally practiced in Thailand. Nor is it normally practiced in Western countries, with the exception of certain religious minorities.

Here's the ranking table.

http://www.photius.com/rankings/circumcised_men_country_ranks.html

The US is way up there with 80%

I find it interesting that the OP

1. defined the group that he wanted to have replies from

and

2. also "policed" the answers, giving just a few "positive" rankings, and by implication all the rest neutral or negative ranking.

Now, if we take group 1, where he only wants replies from those in the same situation as he is, I regard as bordering on immoral and displays a lack of empathy towards the potential subjects of this medically unnecessary operation.

Maybe we can take an example from the recent news of the Thai owned but Burmese crewed fishing boats. If the Thai captains got together and discussed how they treated the crew, they would quite possibly all agree and condone the routine subhuman treatment of the poor Burmese slaves. But if you asked the Burmese how they felt, the answer would be quite different.

The group to select for opinions should be those who, in childhood, were routinely and unnecessarily circumcised. If, out of this group, you found just one male who regretted that it had been done, then it is very clear, IMO, that it should NEVER be done without a medical justification.

The operation is essentially irreversible. Anybody in the group of uncircumcised men who wished it HAD been done, has that option open his entire life.

Give the children the right to decide themselves.

That is morally the only acceptable action.

Interesting though Australia is way up there at almost 60% and were is the OP going to be raising his Boys?

As far as I know, circumcision is not normally practiced in Thailand. Nor is it normally practiced in Western countries, with the exception of certain religious minorities.

Here's the ranking table.

http://www.photius.com/rankings/circumcised_men_country_ranks.html

The US is way up there with 80%

I find it interesting that the OP

1. defined the group that he wanted to have replies from

and

2. also "policed" the answers, giving just a few "positive" rankings, and by implication all the rest neutral or negative ranking.

Now, if we take group 1, where he only wants replies from those in the same situation as he is, I regard as bordering on immoral and displays a lack of empathy towards the potential subjects of this medically unnecessary operation.

Maybe we can take an example from the recent news of the Thai owned but Burmese crewed fishing boats. If the Thai captains got together and discussed how they treated the crew, they would quite possibly all agree and condone the routine subhuman treatment of the poor Burmese slaves. But if you asked the Burmese how they felt, the answer would be quite different.

The group to select for opinions should be those who, in childhood, were routinely and unnecessarily circumcised. If, out of this group, you found just one male who regretted that it had been done, then it is very clear, IMO, that it should NEVER be done without a medical justification.

The operation is essentially irreversible. Anybody in the group of uncircumcised men who wished it HAD been done, has that option open his entire life.

Give the children the right to decide themselves.

That is morally the only acceptable action.

Interesting though Australia is way up there at almost 60% and were is the OP going to be raising his Boys?

Irrelevant.

It is unnecessary, cruel and irreversible.

• Like 1

My son was born with holes in the heart and we never got him circumcised. Now at 11 and going thru that "hair raising experience" puberty.

He calls his member the leach. He mentioned that it has the same appearance as the soi dogs red danglers. I explain the surgical options and pros and cons but he is against any pain or doctors and "leave me alone mushroom man"!

I have a son with my Lao gf and the subject has never come up. Just as well really as I would never have my son circumcised and I think it has been proven that there is no benefit to having it done.

As like some people have said it is important to keep it clean, but I haven't heard anyone say you should never try to forcibly retract an uncircumcised foreskin. This should be common sense, and also makes keeping the head of the penis clean pretty much impossible. At birth the foreskin is fully attached to the penis and slowly starts to separate with age. By age 4 this process is fully underway but can take as long as age 18 in some rare cases. Forcible retracting can cause tremendous damage to a very sensitive area.

So, if you see granny with her hands down there make sure she doesn't do anything stupid!

Geez, Dave, now you've got me a tad confused as well...!

Time and time again you've stressed that you only wanted to hear from people with Thai/Western kids, and then you've "Liked" this post!

This guy's son is clearly Lao/Western.

What gives...?

Cambo and Myanmar ... Lao ... thumbsup.gif

What gives ... ?

Well, as I implied in the OP ... the loony left, the religions for whom the operation is a significance ... please stay away.

The regular Mums and Dads on Thai Visa with a 1/2 Thai (or Cambo, Myanmar or Lao ... though, being a Thai Forum ... they would be very few and far between) 1/2 Western child, who have been asked by a medicial professional if the wanted their child circumcised, have privately discussed it with their partner and either agreed to the operation or dismissed it out of hand ... those opinions are most highly sought ... because that is the situation that my Thai partner and myself find ourselves in.

No!

Do not do it.

I did not do to my sons. They are natural. If they do not have the problem, do not cut and steal from their body before they can decide themselves as adults, they can never get back what you take from them without consider their choice.

• Like 1

I see some survey where some percent of men who circumcised when adult say it 'improve' their sex. Why they get circumcised when adult? Because they have the problem? They have the problem so of course better when the problem is not there!

In the survey still more men say sex is not as good then before.

Do not do to your son. Not fair.

• Like 1

If 60% of people jump from the bridge, do you jump from the bridge too so you are not different?

If 60% of people foot bind like in old China, do you foot bind your child too, so they are the same?

I think it is only for the sheep people.

• Like 1

wiriporn ... thanks for joining Thai Visa and finding your way to this thread and making your first 3 posts here.

You must have a great passion for this subject to find it within an hour of joining.

In an answer to another post you made ...

What is a troll? Like malware or spyware virus?

You're close ... keep fishing ... rolleyes.gif

wiriporn ... thanks for joining Thai Visa and finding your way to this thread and making your first 3 posts here.

I think your computer has wrong time and date hehe.

I join today and first see the information on Issara. I still cannot call him a monk! I see this in the top of the family and children section.

For the wellbeing of children, people and family I am always passionate thank you. smile.png

Edited by wiriporn

What I have to say about it is that when you are in Rome, do what the Romans do!

If it is customary in the country where you will live, to have this done to the majority of the boys, then do it also. If not, then don't. What you really want to do is safe guard against having them different then other boys there, who are at their own ages. I think being Half Thai in a Western World will be challenging enough for both of them. At least as brothers they will stick together. So you for sure don't want to add to their troubles by making them even more different. So what ever you decide I hope it is just for there well being.

Oh Ya! Please don't do one and not the other. This for sure will cause tremendous headaches for you and unlimited questions when they get older. (Only Kidding).

• Like 1