Bank statement for application for tourist visa

in france to get a visa to thailand you have to prooth you have money to go.

you have to send bank statement to ambassy .the placement its not a prooth.

500 euros for one month; 1000 euros for 2 monrhs

Life is fairly simple in some ways. You want to visit a country for an extended period without permission to work funds to stay is an obvious requirement.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I thought this had already been brought up and I have already posted. In France at one of the Consulates, I was asked to provide a bank statement showing that I had a monthly INCOME of 2000 euros, i.e. 80-90,000 BAHT. All that for a 2 month tourist visa. I do not have this income, so showed them my savings account. No good. They had to have proof that the 2000 comes in every month. I sort of juggled things around, so I got my visa. When I went to Penang for the 2nd and last TV. I was sick with worry, because I obviously didn't have this money anymore. But they didn't ask for proof of anything. I think that it sort of depends on the mood of the person who receives the request. I know that they deliberately kept my passport up to the last moment. I had a plane ticket and no passport. I got it at midday the day before.

I thought this had already been brought up and I have already posted. In France at one of the Consulates, I was asked to provide a bank statement showing that I had a monthly INCOME of 2000 euros, i.e. 80-90,000 BAHT. All that for a 2 month tourist visa. I do not have this income, so showed them my savings account. No good. They had to have proof that the 2000 comes in every month. I sort of juggled things around, so I got my visa. When I went to Penang for the 2nd and last TV. I was sick with worry, because I obviously didn't have this money anymore. But they didn't ask for proof of anything. I think that it sort of depends on the mood of the person who receives the request. I know that they deliberately kept my passport up to the last moment. I had a plane ticket and no passport. I got it at midday the day before.

What is the problem? Want to stay 60 dsys without a job prove you have funds.

alanrchase

I suppose it's because I have been going to Thailand for some 13 years for 4 months. I have never had to show any financial proof before. I have quite enough money for my four months, (and I live very well) but I just don't have a monthly income of 80,000 baht. Do they ask all tourists?

alanrchase

I suppose it's because I have been going to Thailand for some 13 years for 4 months. I have never had to show any financial proof before. I have quite enough money for my four months, (and I live very well) but I just don't have a monthly income of 80,000 baht. Do they ask all tourists?

Good for you. Personally don't need to know your financial situation. Stand by the requiment for proof of funds.

I would just forget KL. They even want a letter from your employer. It appears from reports I have read that they only want to issue tourist visas to citizens or residents of Malaysia.

Jakarta's website has no info about their requirements. All they have is a link to the generic visa info on the MFA website.

From 2. on this page: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

I suggest you contact them for info: http://www.thaiembassy.org/jakarta/en/organize/17506-Address.html

Never in my life have I ever been asked for a bank statement or a letter for a tourist visa via KL. It was always straight forward there and even last month when 2 friends did visa run (via plane) to there. On my Non B, I have to show more, but that is only the normal required documents for a Non B. I have never even been questioned down there and highly recommend people go there.

Edited by Phuketboy

• 3 months later...

I would just forget KL. They even want a letter from your employer. It appears from reports I have read that they only want to issue tourist visas to citizens or residents of Malaysia.

There is no bank requirement for a tourist visa in KL for non listed countries, only for a relatively small number of listed nations:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/th/services/962/18988-NON-LISTED-COUNTRY.html

http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/th/services/962/18989-LISTED-COUNTRY.html

Ditto for the employer letter & residency in Malaysia. These only apply to the smaller number of listed locations.

For the vast majority of us there are only two documents required, which is just standard stuff for a tourist visa anywhere in the world:

1. Original passport valid not less than 6 months with a copy of information page(s)
  2. Visa application form duly filled out with one 4x6 cm. sized photograph (white / blue background taken within the past 6 months)
Edited by oldthaihand99

Did you happen to notice the date on the post you quoted. Things may of changed in almost 8 months.

There have been recent reports of people being denied tourist visas in KL. They are still on my don't go there list.

Did you happen to notice the date on the post you quoted. Things may of changed in almost 8 months.

There have been recent reports of people being denied tourist visas in KL. They are still on my don't go there list.

AFAIK i've read all the threads on Thai Visa related to tourist visas in KL since 2010 & have not seen any reports of anyone being denied recently, within the last 8 months. Though i expect most anywhere they get denials from time to time, since people often are unable to meet the basic requirements for tourist visas.

As to when or if things changed, the dates on the bottom of the pages of the KL site i posted may give a clue, if you can read Thai. I cannot.

A couple reports in early 2014 indicate Middle Easterners being asked for bank info. Several ME nations, amongst others, are on the list of 18 nations that must submit such info, according to the KL website:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/

Edited by oldthaihand99

Why go to KL for any visa is my question. They are inconsistent with their requirements. One person may get a visa but the next one with the same documents will not get it.

Laos does 2 entry tourist visas.

Penang is reliable because they are consistent. Only a single entry tourist visa but at least you can be sure you will get one unless you have several from them already.

Why go to KL for any visa is my question. They are inconsistent with their requirements. One person may get a visa but the next one with the same documents will not get it.

Laos does 2 entry tourist visas.

Penang is reliable because they are consistent. Only a single entry tourist visa but at least you can be sure you will get one unless you have several from them already.

The most recent report i've seen re a double entry tourist visa in KL said it is available to those who qualify for it. This was from 2012.

From the same year several reports said any tourist visa application in Penang would be rejected if the applicant ever had an extension. OTOH in an October 2012 report someone claimed his agent said it would not be a problem.

There have also been threads about tourist visas being denied in both Malaysian cities when applicants have already had a number of them from the city.

Why go to KL rather than Laos? Personally i prefer KL when it comes to things such as entertainment, food, internet, hotel, shopping, medical & English. Since i'll be in SG, anyway, it is closer to fly to KL than Laos. To my taste KL also has more & preferable directs flight options via Air Asia to Bangkok than Penang.

Re inconsistencies in KL & elsewhere, are people submitting the same documents getting different results? Surely they are, since immigration looks at more than the type of documents submitted to make a decision. They also look inside the passports, two of which are never the same, & speak to the person. If they are suspicious, if the person is rude, or has had had many overstays, for example, or is a serial visa runner, etc, they can ask for more documents or deny. If a Middle Easterner has the same documents required of a Canadian, they may be denied, since a number of Middle Eastern countries are required to submit more documents & fulfill more requirements than Canadians are.

Edited by oldthaihand99