Plumber in Chiang Mai

Beng

A lot of times a constantly flowing toilet can be fixed easily yourself with just a wet rag. Turn off the water supply valve, open the tank top and flush the toilet. The flap that opens and lets the water out can build up mineral deposits over time on the seal surface. By wiping this contact area where the flapper meets the plastic drain and getting a good seal again you may solve your problem. Just be sure to clean both surfaces, the rubber flapper as well as the plastic rim it rests on.

post-114070-0-20077100-1392627747_thumb.

Edited by ThaiWx
  • Like 1

A lot of times a constantly flowing toilet can be fixed easily yourself with just a wet rag. Turn off the water supply valve, open the tank top and flush the toilet. The flap that opens and lets the water out can build up mineral deposits over time on the seal surface. By wiping this contact area where the flapper meets the plastic drain and getting a good seal again you may solve your problem. Just be sure to clean both surfaces, the rubber flapper as well as the plastic rim it rests on.

Thanks for your help.... but its not the the toilet that is flowing, its the tank. Even when full, water supply doesn't shut off as it should do. when the water level gets too high, the water runs out at the side where the flush handle is attached. So I reckon I need the whole interior changed. Cheers anyway.

Depending what type of valve shut off you have......balloon type or vertical syphon type it could simply be case of adjusting the plastic screw making the ball close off the water sooner. Normally a balloon is associated with a handle flush, and a syphon with a press flush (in my opinion crap!)

Or with a syphon type sometimes the float inside can stick against the side and thus there is never enough water getting into the cistern to weight down the flap at the bottom.

Just have a close look at it, there are not many moving parts to go wrong and it can be easy to eliminate.

Believe me, after 15minutes messing about inside a cistern you will know everything about it and understand exactly why mr Thomas Crapper is so famous.

• Like 1

Depending what type of valve shut off you have......balloon type or vertical syphon type it could simply be case of adjusting the plastic screw making the ball close off the water sooner. Normally a balloon is associated with a handle flush, and a syphon with a press flush (in my opinion crap!)

Or with a syphon type sometimes the float inside can stick against the side and thus there is never enough water getting into the cistern to weight down the flap at the bottom.

Just have a close look at it, there are not many moving parts to go wrong and it can be easy to eliminate.

Believe me, after 15minutes messing about inside a cistern you will know everything about it and understand exactly why mr Thomas Crapper is so famous.

Mine is balloon type and I've fiddled with the plastic screws too. Found that the little thing sitting inside the valve has no rubber around it anymore, letting water trough all the time. So I definitely need a new interior and as I haven't got tools exept for a screwdriver, I fancy someone professional sort this out for me

Thanks anyway !!

often, it is easier to buy the new tank with all new stuff already in it. Paid as little as 20 usd in the us. There was/is an American Standard retailer out Hang Dong Rd.. Those Karat brand are pretty good. I paid 2200 thb, when I converted my squatter to Western, same day delivery to my front door.

HomePro might help with both parts kit and (usually) handyman/installer contact number. You need to ask the right person. Khun Mix is Customer Relations at Hang Dong and she speaks fluent English ... unbelievably helpful.

As others have said, it's an easy DIY job once you have the correct parts. If you took a photo along it might help.

buy the kit and do it yourself. just take the toilet brand and model number to Napadol Pannich and they will sell you the kit. even my wife can replace the entire set of parts in her rental properties toilets in 30 minutes. most people in Thailand who call themselves plumbers do terrible, messy, unprofessional jobs. very easy to do yourself. if American Standard; get American Standard parts, all sold in a kit.

If it is American Standard, they can send a service man out, contact their office on the Super Highway access road about 100 meters west of Tesco Lotus on the same side.

unless it's a brand new toilet they will refer you to Nappadol Pannich on San Kamphaeng Road. they sold all their stock of parts for older bathroom fixtures to Pannich. been through that already. all the older parts are over there. again so easy to do yourself it's silly.

If it is American Standard, they can send a service man out, contact their office on the Super Highway access road about 100 meters west of Tesco Lotus on the same side.

unless it's a brand new toilet they will refer you to Nappadol Pannich on San Kamphaeng Road. they sold all their stock of parts for older bathroom fixtures to Pannich. been through that already. all the older parts are over there. again so easy to do yourself it's silly.

A month ago they had parts for my 8 year old model and were happy to sell them to me, no referral to Noppadol.

Beng only has a screwdriver and that will get the nuts off. Don't overestimate the mechanical skills of a guy that only has a screwdriver, can't speak Thai and does not have a vehicle tool kit.

Edited by Dante99

Cheers for that. I gonna go to the american standard place today and take a pic along. But where exactely is this other Pannich shop ??

Cheers for that. I gonna go to the american standard place today and take a pic along. But where exactely is this other Pannich shop ??

Noppadol P is on the Super Highway access road between the road to Doi Saket and the road to Mae Joe on the south side, same side as American Standard.0 Big Home Mart sign with parking lot in front.

Am Std service may be expensive so be sure you understand the charges before you ok. Also ask if they have more than one choice for the replacement parts, they did for mine and the cheaper one was fine.

Edited by Bill97

Noppadol P is on the Super Highway access road between the road to Doi Saket and the road to Mae Joe on the south side, same side as American Standard.0 Big Home Mart sign with parking lot in front.

Am Std service may be expensive so be sure you understand the charges before you ok. Also ask if they have more than one choice for the replacement parts, they did for mine and the cheaper one was fine.

Thank you Bill, I went to both places today. Am Std. wanted 620 Baht for the whole kit plus 300 for someone to come out and fit it in. But I had to wait for 4 days..... At Noppadom Panich the kit was 600 Baht and one of their mechanics/engineers came with me right away and put everything in place, That service was 500 Baht.

So it cost me 1100 Baht and the engineer left me his phone no. just in case I might have problems later.

Both places offer a very good service. Cheers.

• 7 months later...