New requirements for wife/partner visa to Australia

After now seeing one of merlen10002's other posts titled

"Miss Pronunciation of Pattaya

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/679301-miss-pronunciation-of-pattaya/

Why do many Farangs miss pronounce Pattaya?"

I wouldn't have responded to this one whistling.gif

Actually, thanks to you ... that thread now has a new lease of life ... but also (sadly) demoted relocated to the Pattaya forum.

Pat-tah-are ...

Glad to help. Can definitely apply evisa!

Goodluck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I wonder why the Australian Embassy BKK makes no reference to this process on its website. Any idea if DIAC have reversed the decision that Thai nationals can not apply for a visa via the internet?

Maybe this process is new? Mentions at bottom of the linked page that the page was updated Feb 14, 2014

Yes I know, but usually new processes are simultaneously updated to all relevant Oz govt websites. I notice Thai's are still not permitted eVisas.. I'll try and contact DIAC in BKK tomorrow and advise outcome

Just spoke with VFS global, outsourced visa processing company, and they confirmed can now apply electronically for spouse visa, but not a tourist visa. Applying online for spouse visa is payable by credit card and must be paid in A$, cost A$3085.00. Info still not updated on their or BKK Embassy website. I pointed this out & they said will take action

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

Yes I know, but usually new processes are simultaneously updated to all relevant Oz govt websites. I notice Thai's are still not permitted eVisas.. I'll try and contact DIAC in BKK tomorrow and advise outcome

Just spoke with VFS global, outsourced visa processing company, and they confirmed can now apply electronically for spouse visa, but not a tourist visa. Applying online for spouse visa is payable by credit card and must be paid in A$, cost A$3085.00. Info still not updated on their or BKK Embassy website. I pointed this out & they said will take action

Well done that man ... clap2.gif

Plus, I can confirm that the price of $3085 is the price that one pays if 'pre-paying' in Australia, but actually applying in Thailand.

I know this for a fact because I paid MissFarmGirl's on the 14th of January this year.

simple1 ... thumbsup.gif

<

I Just spoke with VFS global, outsourced visa processing company, and they confirmed can now apply electronically for spouse visa, but not a tourist visa. Applying online for spouse visa is payable by credit card and must be paid in A$, cost A$3085.00. Info still not updated on their or BKK Embassy website. I pointed this out & they said will take action

M

Oh also, you cannow apply online!

Thanks for the heads up and investigative/confirmation work guys thumbsup.gif

Edited by BookMan

I received this email reply from the Australian Embassy Bangkok today, in my posts I have never said that there is no requirement to financial support or for a partner or provide accommodation, I said that I was told that no financial information was now required same for accommodation. anyone can get the same reply by emailing the Embassy, [email protected] it was very easy and the reply one day later.

Much easier- they apply it all online when you send them the papers- it skips that step. Cant get the link on my phone & our Agent gets that part of the dirty work wink.png

Larz2013, it would be good to hear from someone having gone through the online process.

Perhaps, if you have time, start a thread on it, listing your experiences (postiive and negative) with the online process, length of time it took, documentation, use of agent, anything else you can think of.

Once your partner Visa is finalised (hopefully approved) let us all know.

• Like 1

Much easier- they apply it all online when you send them the papers- it skips that step. Cant get the link on my phone & our Agent gets that part of the dirty work wink.png

Larz2013, it would be good to hear from someone having gone through the online process.

Perhaps, if you have time, start a thread on it, listing your experiences (postiive and negative) with the online process, length of time it took, documentation, use of agent, anything else you can think of.

Once your partner Visa is finalised (hopefully approved) let us all know.

Great will do! Thanks guys! Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

This is the email from the Embassyattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Mate, thanks for posting the above.

If you go back to the very beginning of this thread, Khun Will27 (whom we all know is a hansum man with good heart) basically stated the same thing (post #3), there's no proof required but you are required to undertake a commitment to provide accommodation and financial support (this does not require said financial support to be in an Australian bank account).

Logic would then dictate that you submit financial evidence as proof you can do this, that evidence can be from a bank in Thailand or Timbuktu, but a Bitcoin account probably wouldn't cut the mustard :P

Ultimately we've been saying the requirements haven't changed but it seemed that you were bent on us calling you out on what you'd been told...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

This is the email from the Embassyattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I will have the email downloaded on this post today, my computer is on its last legs,

The Email reads

Sent: Wednesday, February 26,2014 9:36 AM

To %5Bsnip%5D

Subject: Partner Visa (SEC-UNCASSIFIED)

Dear Mr L.....

Thanks for your email, There is no longer a financial requirement to be assessed for partner visas. However , you are required to sign a sponsorship undertaking ,

which is part of the application form, to commit to providing the applicant with accommodation and financial support.

Kind regards

Permanent Migration

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Australian Embassy Bangkok

Anyone can send a email to the email address above and receive the same reply

this confirms my posting that the requirements for financial information has changed and it changed one year ago.

I will forward the original email to anyone that is still doubtful that this is true, but better to email the Embassy yourself.

Edited by theoldgit
email address removed.

I will have the email downloaded on this post today, my computer is on its last legs,

The Email reads

To %5Bsnip%5D

Dear Mr L.....

Thanks for your email, There is no longer a financial requirement to be assessed for partner visas. However , you are required to sign a sponsorship undertaking ,

which is part of the application form, to commit to providing the applicant with accommodation and financial support.

Kind regards

Permanent Migration

this confirms my posting that the requirements for financial information has changed and it changed one year ago.

I will forward the original email to anyone that is still doubtful that this is true, but better to email the Embassy yourself.

True. Form 40SP no longer requires your employment info/income, but you are still required to complete Section H that relates to accommodation info. Unless a new version of form 40SP will be released in April that removes this section for OZ citizens (April being the timeline for new version releases) may be you should follow up & clarify and let us know the outcome

The Email reads

To %5Bsnip%5D

Dear Mr L.....

Kind regards

Permanent Migration

True. Form 40SP no longer requires your employment info/income, but you are still required to complete Section H that relates to accommodation info. Unless a new version of form 40SP will be released in April that removes this section for OZ citizens (April being the timeline for new version releases) may be you should follow up & clarify and let us know the outcome

I am not going to let you blokes slime out of this,, never in any of my posts did I say that no financial support was required or accommodation support was not required. I only ever said that financial information was now not required, and accommodation information was not required, will27 wrote no set amount was required, also in the email from Rebecca Benson at the Embassy said, THERE IS NO LONGER A FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT TO ASSESSED, there was an requirement to supply financial and accommodation information up till one year ago, I know the amount of financial information my mate on the Gold Coast had to supply as he sent it all to me and I with his lady put it in to the AVSC, I also had it checked by the same service I used this time at the AVSC,

If you and will27 was not having a go at me I would hate to see what it would be like if you were.

You do realise that your last visit to Thai CC house has just confirmed what people have been trying to tell you all along.

In your first post you posted this,

I decided to ask at Thai CC House Bangkok the visa application center, they have someone every Thursday to answer question, 2.00pm to 4.00pm, to my surprise the requirements for financial and accommodation information are not required anymore, the only requirements are for a real and true relationship, our marriage documents will cover that as we registered our marriage.

The part in bold the main thing people disagreed with in the post, as you said "its not required anymore"

Than in your latest post you post advice from the Embassy saying that its still required.

I again asked is financial information was required (this time it was a man last week it was a lady) he said no it is not a strong thing that we look for in the application, I asked him when did this requirement change, he said the requirement was changed just over one year ago, HIS WORDS NOT MINE, he used the words requirement and changed, I asked what about the application form it requires financial information to support your wife/partner, he said if you have bank statements or any financial information include them but it is not a strong thing we look at, he said we did but not now, I asked about accommodation is it the same he said yes not a strong thing we look for now we did before but not now.

The point that its still required and thats the thing people have been trying to tell you, which your latest visit has confirmed.

As I posted the amount of weight it carry's depends on a case by case basis and overall it may not carry much weight since the social security changes in 2012, which the officer may have been referring to.

But its still required as per regulation 1.20 2( c ) of the Migration regulations 1994 and you will need to show how you meet these obligations, which is why the sponsor application form hasn't changed.

Surin13 could not have got this post more wrong if he tried, financial information not required but if you have bank statements you can include them, that said nothing about the information being required.

I'm confused.

You need to show some funds, was never 100k, your plan for accom which must be reasonable.

As for having cash in an Aussie bank, probably doesn't matter, as long as you can show funds.That's

That's correct, you used to be able to show either bank account statements, pay slips,

group certificates etc. Basically, if you were working or had some money in the bank

and had a place to live, DIAC would approve it.

The OP is saying "requirements for financial and accommodation information are not required anymore, the only requirements are for a real and true relationship".

I find this hard to believe and have pointed out sponsorship requirements in my previous post taken

directly from the DIAC website.

If it is the case, why hasn't the website and forms been updated?

As above, I think either the OP has been given some wrong information or has misinterpreted

the information.

Here is will27 saying he finds it hard to believe that financial and accommodation information is not required anymore, and I have been given the wrong information

or misinterpreted the information.

It is now evident the DIAC, Embassy and outsourced visa processing websites content is not updated in realtime and this can create lack of clarity on policy/process matters. In fairness the download version of Form 40SP had not been updated until fairly recently and probably the reason people held the view that financial info, at least employment & income, was required at the time of submitting an application. As I have said accommodation fields are still contained within the 40SP form, we will see if the fields are removed in the next version release in April this year.

Myself and others do try to respond to queries on this forum concerning visa applications for Oz. To apply consistent info we must rely on official Oz government websites, not recent 'experiences'. You have kindly published an official confirmation regarding finances, so that does help. However, we must not ignore that at any time a person reviewing an application can request financial info or other detail if they have a concern with an application.

Edited by simple1

Out of interest what did your email say, its hard to understand the context of the answer without first knowing the question.

Now before I comment on the email from the embassy, please read my post again very carefully, I have never said that you have to supply financial information to be assessed, I have said you need to supply evidence on how you will meet your obligation as a sponsor. Which may include your financial information as its a easy way to show this, but it may also include you writing a statement on how you will do it or any number of other ways.

From reading the email you posted she is saying that "There is no longer a financial requirement to be assessed for partner visas", I believe this was the removal of "assurance of support" in 2012. When the requirement for "assurance of support" was in force you had to supply financial information (bank statements/payslips/investments) to be assessed as to whether you meet this support level.

In the email there is no mention of having to supply evidence of how you will meet your obligations or more importantly for your assertion that you do not have too. Did you ask if you need to supply evidence on how you would meet this obligation as stated by the forms/documentation.

As I said if you are happy to take their word on it over all of their official documentation (given the Sponsor form 40SP was last updated 11/2013 and they didn't change this part) and don't feel the need to supply evidence on how you will meet these obligations, then the best of luck to you.

As to my assertion that DIAC often gives poor advice, do some research on some of the many visa forums and you will see this is a pretty well known fact, and something I have very detailed personal experience with them on.

Edited by Surin13
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Guys, I have just come in on the back end of this bun fight and haven't read all the replies. But I am really interested in the possibility of spouse/partner visa for Australia being available to be done online.

I managed to get a tourist visa for my wife and stepdaughter who are both still in BKK while I am here in Aus. and did this all online without any hassle and got the visa's approved in about a week.

I now intend to apply for a spouse/partner visa but am concerned about doing it all myself in case I stuff it up. I was going to use Siam Legal but because of a few things which I don't want to go into here as they are sponsers on this site I decided not to use them.

If it can be done online then I might have a go, but do I have to wait until she goes back to Thailand before I submit it or can I do it while she is here?

They will be coming over in 17 days for a period of about 2 months, and as the waiting period is anything up to 12 months I really want to get it started soon.

I would love to get feedback from someone who has "been there and done that".

Thanks Guys

Guys, I have just come in on the back end of this bun fight and haven't read all the replies. But I am really interested in the possibility of spouse/partner visa for Australia being available to be done online.

I managed to get a tourist visa for my wife and stepdaughter who are both still in BKK while I am here in Aus. and did this all online without any hassle and got the visa's approved in about a week.

I now intend to apply for a spouse/partner visa but am concerned about doing it all myself in case I stuff it up. I was going to use Siam Legal but because of a few things which I don't want to go into here as they are sponsers on this site I decided not to use them.

If it can be done online then I might have a go, but do I have to wait until she goes back to Thailand before I submit it or can I do it while she is here?

They will be coming over in 17 days for a period of about 2 months, and as the waiting period is anything up to 12 months I really want to get it started soon.

I would love to get feedback from someone who has "been there and done that".

Thanks Guys

If your girl has a 8503 NO FURTHER STAY on her tourist visa, she will have to go back and apply in thailand and apply offshore. If not, you can apply in Australia. Try here for been there done thats http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/736813-aussie-partner-processing-wait-times/