Thai anti-graft panel says it will charge PM Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The anti-graft commission must have known of the corruption allegations for months and yet they choose the middle of apolitical crisis to deal with it, which shows that the body is comprised of the Bangkok Elite and anti Peua Thai. Make no mistake: this is a political act of their part.

• Like 1

There were late payments before Suthep's antics started but the reason it has now gone on for so long is because the government is unable to borrow money to pay the farmers. I hear a lot of ranting about corruption in the scheme but still no evidence.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/warong-says-pm-aware-fake-g-g-rice-deals-china/

Ex-Democrat MP Warong Dejkitwikrom told the probe panel of the National Anti-Corruption Commission today that he believed caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was fully aware of the fake government-to-government rice deal between Thailand and China but did nothing about it.

Dr Warong, the “whistle-blower” who exposed the suspected massive corruption in the government’s rice pledging scheme, including the fake G-to-G deals with China, told the probe panel that Ms Yingluck, in her capacity as the chair of the National Rice Policy Committee, knew every step about the deals but chose not to do anything or to suspend the deals

The words of an ex-Democrat MP is not evidence. Is that really the best you can come up with?

There's sooooo much out there about this, Google is your friend.

wai2.gif

If there's no corruption, where's the money gone? Certainly not to the farmers...

Also the NACC has charged many ministers with corruption, so clearly believe they have enough evidence of it.

Having said that they are innocent until proven guilty, so let's wait and see shall we? Certainly nobody on TV is going to come up with enough evidence to satisfy anybody tonight.

Its sitting rotting in the warehouse.

You pay 15000 a tonne unmilled, then mill it so you lose 40%, so the value goes to 25000, then u store it at god knows what cost, and sell it for 12000.

U don't need to steal anything for the system to lose billions. That is where the money went.

To be fair, I don't think the government ever paid "15000 a tonne unmilled" for paddy-rice, or 20,000 per-tonne for 'hom mali', that was only the publicity-grabbing 'pre-election promise', and the actual price paid to farmers was always adjusted-downwards for moisture-content, when it was delivered to the mills ?

But I agree that the losses were always built-in due to overpaying for the initial rice-purchases, so that even without any corruption or failed rice-sales, there would have been a need for regular injections of further budget into the scheme, to keep it running as losses were 'crystalised' upon sale-of-stocks or mark-to-market revaluation.

Instead of which they tried to hide the scheme's failure by borrowing to keep it running, 'white-lying' about how things were going, and refusing to account for it to Parliament or the tax-payers.

Perhaps they should have tried organising a party, in a brewing-establishment, with more success ? But I doubt it ! laugh.png

I wonder how the 'Nuremburg-defence' ("I was only following my brother's advice"), or pleading ignorance ("I was busy making speeches in Mongolia"), or the not-my-responsibility excuse (assuming some other poor bastard can be found, willing to claim they were in-charge of the committee, rather than the PM), will go down here ? whistling.gif

If there's no corruption, where's the money gone? Certainly not to the farmers...

Also the NACC has charged many ministers with corruption, so clearly believe they have enough evidence of it.

Having said that they are innocent until proven guilty, so let's wait and see shall we? Certainly nobody on TV is going to come up with enough evidence to satisfy anybody tonight.

Its sitting rotting in the warehouse.

You pay 15000 a tonne unmilled, then mill it so you lose 40%, so the value goes to 25000, then u store it at god knows what cost, and sell it for 12000.

U don't need to steal anything for the system to lose billions. That is where the money went.

To be fair, I don't think the government ever paid "15000 a tonne unmilled" for paddy-rice, or 20,000 per-tonne for 'hom mali', that was only the publicity-grabbing 'pre-election promise', and the actual price paid to farmers was always adjusted-downwards for moisture-content, when it was delivered to the mills ?

But I agree that the losses were always built-in due to overpaying for the initial rice-purchases, so that even without any corruption or failed rice-sales, there would have been a need for regular injections of further budget into the scheme, to keep it running as losses were 'crystalised' upon sale-of-stocks or mark-to-market revaluation.

Instead of which they tried to hide the scheme's failure by borrowing to keep it running, 'white-lying' about how things were going, and refusing to account for it to Parliament or the tax-payers.

Perhaps they should have tried organising a party, in a brewing-establishment, with more success ? But I doubt it ! laugh.png

I wonder how the 'Nuremburg-defence' ("I was only following my brother's advice"), or pleading ignorance ("I was busy making speeches in Mongolia"), or the not-my-responsibility excuse (assuming some other poor bastard can be found, willing to claim they were in-charge of the committee, rather than the PM), will go down here ? whistling.gif

They take off some for.moisture, but the process yield is the yield. 25 to 40% is lost from the process.

Well. Thaksin always claimed he had a solution for the rice market. His master plan.

What a great outcome.

The anti-graft commission must have known of the corruption allegations for months and yet they choose the middle of apolitical crisis to deal with it, which shows that the body is comprised of the Bangkok Elite and anti Peua Thai. Make no mistake: this is a political act of their part.

I'm sure that you will revise your opinion if you look back over the case.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Regardless, are you suggesting that such rampant corruption should commence further unhindered, or should be stopped? TiT, and this culture has a flawed habit of avoiding confrontation, until things get out of hand.

In the meantime, Ms YL and co. deserve to be impeached for their actions. It would have come much sooner in many other societies.

• Like 2

So here is the "evidence" of Yingluck's "negligence":

1) she had been warned by many organisations of POSSIBLE massive damage and corruption in the scheme.

2) the scheme COULD cause massive corruption in every stage of the process.

3) she was asked to review and halt the programme had many irregularities and corruption.

4) rice farmers who entered the program have not yet received payment and are now in serious financial difficulty.

5) she was negligent to duty by continuing with the program which resulted in severe damage to the country.

This is simply without any apparent concrete evidence and looks more like a political assination attempt. Even some of the anti-graft panel members appear to have a conflict of interest (aka corruption) as being financial supporters of Suthep's anti-government protesters. The major "witnesses" are current or former Democrat party supporters with no supporting accounts from anyone in the current administration or unrelated third parties. There is mention of "documents" but no details have been disclosed. From a 3rd party perspective there may be enough to question Yingluck about alleged corruption, maybe even enough to charge her, but until there is more hard, unbiased evidence to collaborate her "negligence" (which would not be criminal in any event), I don't see how she could be held guilty. But even if she was found to be negligent, does that just mean she just promises not to be negligent in the future and continues on as PM?

A true believer - you would have been right at home in the Manson Family.

The political crisis started when the government rushed to pass an "Amnesty Bill" that would, among other things, whitewashed all corruption cases related to the Rice Scheme by nullifying the NACC. It doesn't take a lot of cynicism to see that the reason to rush the bill was to forestall the current events.

Interesting as well today, the Civil Court sit to consider the revocation of the Emergency Decree.

Sitting a full day after the press release and outcome of the meeting was posted (later mysteriously dissapeared as it did from here) on TBS

How are Sutheps press writing up their stories 24 hours ahead of the meeting? Hmm.. And why did they all try to close down the story? hmmm

Don't often see topics locked on here and that was an innocuous subject other than I think somebody pressed "Publish" instead of "Save"

This is a sham agency, that does not do real work. Just the mention of a "Thai anti graft panel" solicits mako laughs, in whoever hears it. Of all the countries in Asia, perhaps the only other one that is less serious about fighting corruption is Cambodia, and Burma, and that is because the generals are making billions on it. In Thailand there is absolutely no will, no interest, no volition, no conviction, and no power behind the fight against corruption. My guess is the the UN will not even admit a country that does not at least convene a panel like this. So, therefore it exists. When was the last time a major government figure was tried and convicted in this corruption infested land? When was the last time a minister was forced to resign over a corruption inquiry? What about that goombah transportation minister who was caught with 2 billion baht cash in his living room? What ever happened to him? Is he is prison now? What a farce. Believe this nonsense at your own peril. And if you do believe this nonsense I could offer you a very, very good deal on a bridge in Brooklyn.

• Like 1

'Anti-graft agency resolves to charge caretaker PM for neglect of duty in rice pledging scheme case, summons her to hear charges on Feb 27 /MCOT'

hey, is it a corruption charge, or is just 'neglect of duty' ? well, not so familiar with these Thai legal expression . . .

It's neither.

real media who are not supporting and angling for a coup are stating the following.

"She is not charged, the phrase means she is being informed of allegations being made against her"

So, no charges and nothing imminent judicial coup wise.

Pity all you clever people who support suthep have no thai friends and don't know anything about the confilct other than Bluesky and Nation propaganda.

Faithful to the end... I grant you that.

She is being summonsed to hear charges against her. Anti-graft agency has resolved to charge her. So she's not being charged? Sure? How do you get to your conclusion?

He's been here 3 days.

That qualifies him to be an expert on Thai politics.

Newbies...god bless their simplistic and ignorant views of the worl

No reason to get insulting when you disagree with someone. Yes, she is being charged on two counts as is reported by the paper that shall not be named. However, this doesn't mean she will be convicted and there is no mention she would have to resign if only charged.

Reason for the delay was Thaksin's mole in the NACC who stalled the investigations.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

She's accused of negligence not corruption.....

Don't worry... It will come.

Dereliction of duty and malfeasance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

accused.. not charged, tried or convicted by a long chalk.

the word accused can also be used thus. "Suthep is accused of murder, insurrection, attempty to overthrow democracy"

see, its just a word and accusations are easy to throw around during this coup attempt. many accuse the elites of trying to stage a coup and of connivance?

stop getting all excited. the winners will be judged by the losers here and it no means certain that Suthep will win this!

Democracy at it's finest. Congrats to the NACC. Unfortunately, you've got a long way to go.

They are going to be terribly busy in the near future - I hope they get a nice bonus at the end of it (better make that some kind of pension payment)

The NACC is obviously a tool for judicial coup, the Phua Thai or PPP or any party that dominates in the north of the country where most of the voters are and challenges the Democrats is always charged with these bogus vague charges, like "Abuse of Power" or "Dereliction of Duty" it is a product of the last coup and it was placed there so that the last coup could be the "coup that keeps on coupling" ANY entitlement program in this country is going to have some level of fraud--but this sham NACC insists that there be 0 corruption at the local level where the benefits are being handed out, and if there is-it's the PMs/cabinets fault and they can remove it from office.. One PPP PM was forced out of office because he appeared on a cooking show for fuks sake! It's charges (the NACCs) are obviously politically motivated and it's filled with PAD fascist activists who think they have the right to remove the elected government and appoint their own government because the voters are "stupid and unsophisticated".

It's like Obama was negligent when the US embassy in Libya was attacked and the ambassador was murdered, so therefore the rupublicans can charge him with "dereliction of duty", remove him, and put themselves in power.

"Dereliction of Duty" or incompetence is something for the Voters to decide, not an elitist court.

Edited by pkspeaker

Interesting as well today, the Civil Court sit to consider the revocation of the Emergency Decree.

Sitting a full day after the press release and outcome of the meeting was posted (later mysteriously dissapeared as it did from here) on TBS

How are Sutheps press writing up their stories 24 hours ahead of the meeting? Hmm.. And why did they all try to close down the story? hmmm

Don't often see topics locked on here and that was an innocuous subject other than I think somebody pressed "Publish" instead of "Save"

Did you look under your bed?

pkspeaker post # 144

"Dereliction of Duty" or incompetence is something for the Voters to decide, not an elitist court.

One only has to look at the current situation here, you will if you actually open your eyes and mind see that indeed the electorate are and have made their judgement on the matter of corrupt practices.

One could hardly label the protesters as ''an elitist court'' could one?

It might be an interesting question to ask as to what were the origins of those funds deposited in the g.s.b. by then assorted members of the P.T.P.

Why not ask for a full explanation as to why something like 43 million U.S.$ were paid to Thaksin recently ?

Where is or where was the money to fund the rice pledging scam scheme to be sourced from.

Why was such a blatant populist scam scheme put into place?

Was it is it to fund the farmers votes for the P.T.P. or to fund the Shinwatra family stipend fund for its puppet M.P.s?

This so called government of puppets was installed along with a puppet Prime Minister to benefit one creature and its family only. Now the people have seen the light of day and the repercussions are coming.

The Thai people are the critics of this recent puppet show performance and they have panned it and still are panning it.

corzinepuppetrev.jpg

Edited by siampolee

Duh.....what you saying...I don't understand Ebonics

uote name="winstonc" post="7454880" timestamp="1392714007"]

Ï

[quote name=ETatBKK" post="7454753"

timestamp="1392712613]

'Anti-graft agency resolves to charge caretaker PM for neglect of duty in rice pledging scheme case, summons her to hear charges on Feb 27 /MCOT'

hey, is it a corruption charge, or is just 'neglect of duty' ? well, not so familiar with these Thai legal expression . . .

It's neither.

real media who are not supporting and angling for a coup are stating the following.

"She is not charged, the phrase means she is being informed of allegations being made against her"

So, no charges and nothing imminent judicial coup wise.

Pity all you clever people who support suthep have no thai friends and don't know anything about the confilct other than Bluesky and Nation propaganda.

and you know lots do ya troll...my wife is their are you ..no course your not so your ill informed posts are just twaddle as per..

I don't like what the yellow shirts are doing in the least. You must accept a lawfully elected government. However the reds are not blameless either. I probably side more with the people in ISSAN, but if Yingluck is being charged with "neglect" then that smack of being totally correct. It must have been in the news everyday for weeks how bad this rice-pledging scheme was, yet as far as I know she continued to support it when it was so obvious how open to corruption it was.

Isn't this a great situation we have. Both sides are failures as far as I'm concerned. This country is doomed. It will take time to make the arrangements, but I'm gone.

Good for them! But I have one question...who is looking at the Anti Graft people? Anti-Corruption exercises in this country are just that exercises... nothing more. Well they live in hope... but as long as there is Tea Money and officials willingness to take it... well... good luck making anything stick.

siampolee

The Thai people were denied their judgement and critique of the government by the hilariously misnamed Democratic Party.

"This so called government of puppets was installed....."... by the electorate!!

One could hardly label the protesters as the legitimate voice of the Thai people could one?

Please open your eyes and mind to avoid becoming a yellow puppet and subjecting us to such drivel.