90 day report question

Note I lived in Bangkok from late 80's upto approx 2007 and wasn't required to submit a 90 day report.

In December last year I arrived here "visa exempt" and went thru the process of applying for a non O visa and then the 1 year extension. I also got an exit/re-entry visa which I used approx 10 days ago.

Today, the 18th of Feb, I received a 1 year extension (upto 18th Feb 2015).

My question is - does the 90 day clock start from when I last entered Thailand (10 days ago) or does it start from today?

Thanks in advance

Paddybkk

It starts from your last entry.

That is assuming that last year meant 2012.

Nope I arrived here in (correction not December) November last year (2013) on visa exempt.

My last entry to Thailand was 10 days ago when I used an exit/re-entry.

I take it though that the clock starts from then - last entry.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Paddybkk

The 90 day report is a report of your address when you have spent 90 continuos days in Thailand. So the 90 days will start on your last entry, counting that day, unless the immigration offficer "reset" the clock when you did your extension and stapled a new report date in your passport. The office that I use resets the clock whever I do the extension no matter how many days are left on my current report, but it is a small office and the same people do everything.

Nope I arrived here in (correction not December) November last year (2013) on visa exempt.

Paddybkk

Your post in the topic is a little confusing because you wrote that you got an extension back in December. Now you say November. You didn't get an extension then you got a 90 day non immigrant visa entry and a re-entry permit for that entry.

That changes my answer. Your next report will be due 90 days from when you do your extension because it is your first extension and counts as a report. Your next extension will not count as a report.though.

Paddybkk

Your post in the topic is a little confusing because you wrote that you got an extension back in December. Now you say November. You didn't get an extension then you got a 90 day non immigrant visa entry and a re-entry permit for that entry.

That changes my answer. Your next report will be due 90 days from when you do your extension because it is your first extension and counts as a report. Your next extension will not count as a report.though.

But he re-entered 10 days ago. It starts then.