How To Register A Sole Propietorship On My Girlfriend?

Hi

I would like to register a sole proprietorship on my gitlfriends name. As far as I found out this is the easiest and cheapest way to register a business for her. I need to know the following:

1) Where can I do the commercial registration

2) What documents are needed

3) She lives with in my appartment. Do she need a document from the appartment statin the address? Or can we just fill in the address and thats it.

4) How expensive is the registration? She want to do eBay business and import/export.

5) If the business doesn't work wa expected, is there a lot of paperwork to do every year? I mean tax declaration or other documents...

Thanks for you help.

Rossi

Don't want to be overly cynical: But why go through all the hassle. Just turn over the last penny you have to her here and now, because the end-result will be the same.

What a cynical person you seem to be.

Has this actually happened to you or are you merely generalising as so many people seem to do?

Please give us all the benefit of your wisdom as so many of us here in Thailand live very happily with our Thai girlfriends, wives and families.

Well I may have become a cynical person. On the one hand because I married a Thai-Lady and the expieriences of just too many of my "Farang" friends and a aquaintances have made with regard to this subject. No wonder, one starts to "generalize".

It may well be that there are Farang/Thai couples that seem to live "happily ever after" and their marriage has lasted longer than just a couple of years.

Those marriages will be put to the test, if the Farang (for one reason or the other) is all of a sudden no more in the position to accomodate the financial wishes of the wife and family. Or the financial "goals" of the wife and familiy are being considered as "achieved".

More often than not this will be the "wake-up" call for the Farang.

Well I may have become a cynical person. On the one hand because I married a Thai-Lady and the expieriences of just too many of my "Farang" friends and a aquaintances have made with regard to this subject. No wonder, one starts to "generalize".

It may well be that there are Farang/Thai couples that seem to live "happily ever after" and their marriage has lasted longer than just a couple of years.

Those marriages will be put to the test, if the Farang (for one reason or the other) is all of a sudden no more in the position to accomodate the financial wishes of the wife and family. Or the financial "goals" of the wife and familiy are being considered as "achieved".

More often than not this will be the "wake-up" call for the Farang.

Thats really interresting... please answer the followomg questions. I will try to use a easy language, so you might be able to understand the meaning:

1) (one) You seem to have some real bad experience... how come? Please entertain this forum...

2) (two) Sorry - Your "Farang" friends were the bad guys - please entertain the forum...

3) (three) Yes- some couples lived "happily ever after (the registration of a sole partnership)" That is the dream of every thai girl by the way :D

4) (four) What marriage? I think someone here is on drugs - SORRY!

5) (five) OK - I admit that I lost - CIA, FBI... I woke up :o

Ok - enough entertainment - Thank you swissie. :D

Are there also serious people here that have at least a minimum of education... :D

Oh well Rossi,

you don't get the drift of it all do you? Or don't you want to get the drift?

I will most certainly not dignify your posting with "answers".

Obviouslyyou are not very familiar with "Thai-Ways". For beginners (in general, not just you) start reading here:

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/

read all "readers submissions" that have anything to say about Thai-Lady/ Thai-Girlfriend etc.etc.

I promess: It makes for good reading and could possibly make a few Farangs think twice (or trice)before they issue blindly a "Sole Proprietorship" to their Thai-Girlfriends.

But then again and as we all know: Testerone-crazed Farangs in Thailand learn only by mistake and no previous warnings will have much of an effect.

Oh well Rossi,

Obviouslyyou are not very familiar with "Thai-Ways". For beginners (in general, not just you) start reading here:

read all "readers submissions" that have anything to say about Thai-Lady/ Thai-Girlfriend etc.etc.

I promess: It makes for good reading and could possibly make a few Farangs think twice (or trice)before they issue blindly a "Sole Proprietorship" to their Thai-Girlfriends.

But then again and as we all know: Testerone-crazed Farangs in Thailand learn only by mistake and no previous warnings will have much of an effect.

:D:D:D What a nob end you are Swissie, using stickman as your knowledge base for all things Thai. I'm guessing your another farang that got ripped off, gutted. :D

The girls opening an ebay business it seems, how much money do you think the OP will lose in getting the account registered?! :D:o

Perhaps someone could answer the OP now and try to help him and his gf out. :D

Sorry for my rude posting last night... I just came home from a long Karaoke session and therefore my brain was a little bit... :D

Regarding the topic, I really just want to check out if it is a good idea to register a eBay business on her name or if she just keep on going private... :o

This has nothing to do with marriage or with me beeing involved in the business, therefore I don't expect there to be a risk to loose a lot of money.

The biggest risk that I see is that a lot of stupid paperwork will have to be done for a business that at the end of the year makes maybe around 100k - 200k Baht. But if the administration is hassle-free this might be a good (and legal) way.

ROSSI

I think to be honest with the amount of revenue she's expecting to turn over and with it being thr net and all, perhaps under the radar might be the way to go. :o

I wouldn't bother apologising to Swissie either mate, hardly deserves it does he. :D

Well Swishie, you being a faithful Stickman reader and a paranoid miserable person does NOT mean everyone is like you. Some of us are ACTUALLY happy living here with our Thai wives. :o

YES, I am also a cynic but I will continue to enjoy life here in the Kingdom.

Oh well Rossi,

Edited by Gary A