Suthep talks to military at Chaeng Wattana

Lite Beer

ANTI-GOVERNMENT CAMPAIGN
Suthep talks to military at Chaeng Wattana

BANGKOK: -- Rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban has told the military that the widespread corruption of the Thaksin regime and parliamentary dictatorship are the main reasons he and his fellow protesters are organising mass rallies.

He conveyed the message during a meeting with Gen Apichart Sangrongruang, director of the Defence Industry and Energy Centre.

The meeting was held as Suthep led a rally to the office of the permanent secretary for defence on Chaang Wattana Road, which caretaker premier Yingluck Shinawatra is using as temporary office. However Apichart said Yingluck would not be working at the office today.

Apichart reportedly asked Suthep at the meeting to open up traffic flow in front of the office as the antigovernment protesters have now occupied the area for weeks. The Chaeng Wattana rally is led by a senior monk, Phra Buddha Isara.

After the meeting, Suthep told the cheering crowds that he had come to prevent Yingluck from entering the office and working. :We don’t want Yingluck to use an office that was built with money from our taxes," he said.

He told Apichart and his team in the meeting that the military should side with the protesters.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.DZvwah7W-x.
-- The Nation 2014-02-19

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he should drop the word "mass " maybe the word miniscule is more appropriate now .

There were at least 10,000 surrounding the building, where the mentioned meeting was being held, today. I wouldn't say that was "miniscule".

Okay, beaten to it.

Edited by somchaismith

I think he should drop the word "mass " maybe the word miniscule is more appropriate now .

View looking down on protesters at Office of Permanent Secretary for Defence on Chaeng Wattana Rd (Pic @) http://t.co/uM79Tejx7U

xBgzzTn0IYAAHRYn.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ZjwY0o

A few old ladies in wheel-chairs, according to Moonao, Prbkk, Dave and clan.

sure maybe 5,000? 10,000 at most? no 6m just a WIDE angle lens lol

PS taken probably lunch time too smile.png

My apologies. I forgot you too! cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Stupid question, I know... But, Suthep was not arrested at the meeting?

i dont think would dare,gerry adams,and martin mcguiness strolled about n.ireland pretty freely if you recall,presuming your english ofcourse,if not i apologise.wai2.gif

• Like 1

Can't read much into this conversation, General Apichart is in charge of Defence Industry and Energy Centre, unless Suthep was negotiating to buy some fire power, also if the General has as much energy as I have, nothing much will happen , except at the officers mess tonight, when the message will be passed on Hic.coffee1.gif

Edited by chainarong

View looking down on protesters at Office of Permanent Secretary for Defence on Chaeng Wattana Rd (Pic @) http://t.co/uM79Tejx7U

sure maybe 5,000? 10,000 at most? no 6m just a WIDE angle lens lol

PS taken probably lunch time too smile.png

Lunch time being their free time. So if that was the case, what does that tell you about where they stand?

• Like 1

I just came back from Chaeng Wattana. The military all around talking with Suthep, I believe they will force the government to go. Also back at Sukhumvit military moving down. I seen a truck shifting troops on the highway. This seems to be getting closer to the end so hopefully this won't go on much longer and end without violence...wai2.gif

Edited by steven100
  • Like 2

Voice your bitterness, grievances or problems but be careful not to be used and exploited by the dem and its pdrc/pcad. These and some 'old elite' power opposed the rice pledging scheme and have been trying to 'murder' it. Their number at protest sites are few grannies as human shield and their numbers now at permanent secretary for defence on Chaang Wattana Road are rice farmers whom they have been oppressing, denigrating, belittled, name called, treated as not equal to BKKians.

The PDRC/PAD protesters have been declining as there is no new galvanising issue, but the ineptitude of the PTP led administration has created a new set of protesters - apparently today about 10,000 farmers.

The main protesters came out on to the streets because of the arrogance of the amnesty bill manipulation - and the protesters were not just Bangkok elites or southern agitators, there was a broad cross section of business people, health workers, civil servants and working people.

The farmers are now on the streets because of lies about subsidy payments - and they have woken up to the fact that this is purely down to administrative incompetence, and are growing even more angry at the arrogance of branding them "fake" farmers

I confidently expect that the government will screw up again in the near future adding more disaffected constituents when they run out of money to support their other schemes, but what it will be yet nobody knows, they continue to surprise with the inventiveness of their f*** ups, nationalising the banks to get their loan monies perhaps.

There is no excuse for incompetence and stupidity, which is now the hallmark of this administration, and there is no excuse for apologists who only wish to troll.

Photo please of the 10000? Otherwise I call troll on your post.

I just came back from Chaeng Wattana. The military all around talking with Suthep, I believe they will force the government to go. Also back at Sukhumvit military moving down. I seen a truck shifting troops on the highway. This seems to be getting closer to the end so hopefully this won't go on much longer and end without violence...wai2.gif

About 60+ minutes ago saw about 100 or more police trucks/minivans in convoy heading to CW from Pahon Yothin Road.

wonder just how many of them are actually protesters and how many are police and army?????