Hooters Coming to Phuket

sabaijai

Hooters Spreads its Wings with Development Agreement for Thailand

ATLANTA, GA – February 19, 2014 – Hooters of America, LLC, today announced a development agreement with an international franchisee to open three Hooters locations in Thailand over the next three years. Destination Resorts Co., Ltd. will introduce the iconic brand and dining destination to the country, with the first Hooters location scheduled to open in Phuket in June of this year. Located in Patong, Phuket, the entertainment and dining district of the province, the Hooters of Phuket will offer the brand’s world-famous chicken wings and beautiful Hooters Girls.

The Thailand presence is the latest in international expansions announced for Hooters. In the last three months Hooters has celebrated grand openings in Alajuela, Costa Rica; Pretoria, South Africa; Osaka, Japan; San Salvador, El Salvador; Shanghai, China as well as Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Overall growth plans include development of more than 150 new Hooters locations worldwide over the next five years.

“Our global expansion into emerging markets comes with all of the delicious food, unbeatable atmosphere and friendly Hooters Girls our guests around the world have come to expect,” said Mark Whittle, senior vice president, development, Hooters of America. “Our international franchise partners understand the opportunities that Hooters presents as one of the most recognized casual dining brands. We are pleased to have Destination Resorts join the Hooters team as we spread our wings together in Thailand.”

The Hooters locations in Thailand will feature the contemporary design elements that Hooters introduced in 2013 with the remodeled Hooters of Kirby, Texas, and the newly constructed Hooters of Slidell, La., located just outside of New Orleans. Hooters of Phuket will feature a beach oasis theme with a large outdoor patio and seating for more than 150 guests.

While Hooters world-famous wings will be a menu staple, guests will also enjoy a full menu with a variety of signature entrees, including salads, sandwiches, seafood dishes and other delicious options.

www.hooters.com

www.destination-properties.com

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be expecting them soon in Pattaya and will be keep abreast of any developments. coffee1.gif

BTW, this being Thailand, do you think they'll open employment to ladyboys? Should they?

Actually, I'm seriously asking.

In the U.S., Hooters can legally employ only females as food servers, they have won those challenges.

But in the Thai context, wouldn't some gorgeous ladyboys add to the TOURISM APPEAL of a Hooters here?

I mean if you want sex workers people know where to go (everywhere in Patong), Hooters is just for entertainment.

Edited by Jingthing

Hmm...unlike in the west...if Thais see an owl it is an omen of death. They hate NOK Whoo...

Wonder if the farang franchisee new that little bit of information when he signed on the dotted line for the Patong business rights.

That's really interesting.

Could be like the NOVA (does not go) automobile in Latin America!

They could always localize their logo, of course.

Hmm...unlike in the west...if Thais see an owl it is an omen of death. They hate NOK Whoo...

Wonder if the farang franchisee new that little bit of information when he signed on the dotted line for the Patong business rights.

Yep...And I didn't make that one up. If you know any old Thai, ask them what they think if they see an owl sitting on the roof of their house.

• Like 1

There is a hooters in Pattaya walkimng street, not sure if it's same management and concept though whistling.gif

Really? They might be expecting some lawyers soon.

Yes I think so. I remember this happened with all the "Hard Rock" bars around Thailand when the Hard Rock Cafe franchise moved into the LOS.

Yep...And I didn't make that one up. If you know any old Thai, ask them what they think if they see an owl sitting on the roof of their house.

True about the owl - but given the type of menu and the service staff, I suspect their target market won't be the elderly Thais.

Awesome. If its anything like the one in Singapore we are in for a BIG treat boys!!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

cute white asian girls in singapore, you think they will have that in patong? hehe no no..

bavaria-biergarten-patong-beach.gif

Awesome. If its anything like the one in Singapore we are in for a BIG treat boys!!

cute white asian girls in singapore, you think they will have that in patong? hehe no no..

bavaria-biergarten-patong-beach.gif

A lot of the women are filipinas. They are generally more busty if you know what I mean, than the local singaporeans.

• Like 1

Wonder why Thailand was so slow getting them here? China had them for years. Some Beijing Hooters girls though they don't seem to quite live up to the term Hooters. biggrin.png

The Patong franchisee is Destination Resorts, owner of the building on Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Rd that houses a hotel currently being renovated and due to reopen as a dusitD2 in April.

The building also houses the island’s Hard Rock Café. The Hooters, it is understood, will open alongside Hard Rock.

Hooters is best known internationally for its female staff, chosen for their larger than normal chests and tiny shorts. The press release from Hooters of America does mention “beautiful Hooters Girls” but chooses rather to dwell on the outlet’s “iconic brand and dining”, offering “the brand’s world-famous chicken wings.”

“The Thailand presence is the latest in international expansions announced for Hooters. In the last three months Hooters has celebrated grand openings in Costa Rica, South Africa, Japan, El Salvador, China and Brazil.

- See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/hooters-restaurant-coming-to-phuket-video-44699.php#sthash.9aOLUt8o.dpuf

That looks really delicious licklips.gif

china-hooters.png

Cute to be sure...

But it looks like the "portions" are a bit smaller than those you'd expect in the US.

Wonder if the Thai francisee will be able to muster enough "assets" to make the local outlets a success?

Hooters' chicken wings are pretty good, but I really go for the breasts more myself.

• Like 1