Hooters Coming to Phuket

sabaijai

Here's Japan's staff by comparison.

(Don't expect we'll be seeing many blonds here...)

post-58284-0-07974900-1392857695_thumb.j

Can't tell from the above photo if that's the regular staff, or just some kind of opening event promo. Ahh... it looks like it's Hooters' custom to send training staff from its U.S. outlets abroad to help with new international openings...

post-58284-0-13728200-1392858046_thumb.j

post-58284-0-00025600-1392857698_thumb.j

post-58284-0-02826100-1392858285_thumb.j

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with small breasts wont take long to sort itself out. There will be loads of suckers paying for breast jobs, convinced they have found a 'good' girl in the Patong system. Plastic surgeons will rejoice

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

With the likely trend of tourism and the economy this year, I'm guessing that there will be qualified applicants from hotels and hospitality businesses. So hoping that their English skills will be excellent.

As for some here who comment on "local portion sizes" - personally prefer natural to fakes, and if necessary can enhance by turning the Air/Con to 16 deg Ctongue.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm...unlike in the west...if Thais see an owl it is an omen of death. They hate NOK Whoo...

Wonder if the farang franchisee knew that little bit of information when he signed on the dotted line for the Patong business rights.

If my memory serves me well, this isn't the first time a Hooters Restaurant has been proposed for Patong.

The last time was was just before the 2004 tsunami.

Maybe some kind of Sodom and Gomorrah retribution.

I wonder if some Russian girls can get work permits as "actresses" or "models" to work there? smile.png

no problems

What work permit does a Russian dancer on Bangla get?

There are now at least three Russian bars operating on Soi Bangla, with Russian ladies on the street trying to tempt customers into the bar, dancing in glass boxes and so on – I have no problem with this. However, over the years I have had friends who have been refused a work permit because they were taking a job a Thai could do!

What are these ladies being called on their job applications? What is their job title? I would like to open a club with only blond Scandinavian ladies allowed [to work].

David Nattrass, Patong Friday, January 13, 2012 2:29:37 PM “The job title is actress.

Yes, there are some jobs reserved only for Thais. However, everything else is under the regulation of the Ministry of Labor and their officers’ consideration.”

Friday, January 13, 2012 2:29:37 PM Noppadol Ployudee, Phuket Provincial Employment Office Chief Noppadol.

That property has horrible feng shui, I mean it doesn't look onto the water, not directly facing the hills, disastrous location.

Chicken wings......(?), you're going to hang your hat on the skimpiest bit of bird next to it's feet?

Never ever have bought anything at the Hard Rock, won't be going to this place either.

Made the mistake already of a completely overpriced Marg at Coyote, enough is enough.

• Like 1

I have to see how long it will last.

Until now every business in that corner/hotel was a failure.

According to Thai's that location only brings bad luck and will never be successful.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by merijn

Just more evidence ( as if any was needed) of the determination to push Phuket even further "down market"

Silly me. I always thought that Hooters have more to do with the up market presence, while the bars in Bangla are doing the down market part.

• 2 months later...

i went in,

went up stairs for seating in air con.(small seating area) looked at the menu . left

why are there so many blondes working there>?>didn't know a Farang could get a w/p for being a waitress.

500 baht burgers +17% tax/service charge

300 baht drinks

100 baht for a coke in a glass

Large outdoor seating area, but its right on the noisy road and why pay so much ??

Great outdoors venue for people watching, If you can keep you eyes off the staff! OK the girls are a bit older that you average Soi Bangla staff etc. I like it, all the staff speak good engrit and were totally delighted to converse in Thai with Farang!

It will now be my spot for lunch and a few brewskis. Parking is no problem. 'll let the members figure it out!

Pang! good, I like that...

Maybe they got their workpermits due to Thais not having noteable Hooters :-)

Therefor could not fullfill the employment requirements , lol :-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

How is this different than any other bar in Thailand, except maybe the food. Though hardly Hooters with Thai women, a better name would be (based on South Park) "Raisins".

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Sorry mate, those girls are as stacked as the many other Hooters I have visited,. Nome Suay on all darlings!