Tens of thousands of farmers in hundreds of farm trucks heading to Bangkok

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where I live the are just now planting a new crop of rice while these farmers and protesting who planting the rice? No wonder their poor.

Perhaps the farmers where you live are from a reliable Red area and have been paid so they can actually afford to plant a new crop.

These farmers appear to be from areas not predominantly Red, so maybe they haven't been paid and cannot afford it.

At least that would fit the typical Shinawatra/PTP modus operandi.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bg6h4RrCUAAmC0r.png

Are the army fatigues so the buffaloes don't see him??

No, quite the contrary, they are his most practical clothing for the occasion. These guys are from the central plains not Isan, so the "buffaloes" wisecrack is rather dumb. He had a better pair of pants but he...rectum.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

We can joke about the farmers coming to town but the odds are most are driving tractors they are still paying for.

They need the money from the rice and while Yingluck plays her political game influenced by big brother Thaksin these

guys need to live from day to day.

As the Russian royal family discovered during the revolution ignoring the proletariat can bring the house of cards falling down quickly.

We can joke about the farmers coming to town but the odds are most are driving tractors they are still paying for.

They need the money from the rice and while Yingluck plays her political game influenced by big brother Thaksin these

As the Russian royal family discovered during the revolution ignoring the proletariat can bring the house of cards falling down quickly.

A comparison between the Romanovs and Shinawats?

A comparison between the Romanovs and Shinawats?

May they share a similar fate.

• Like 1

Gee, a few more than the dwindling 400 protesters the shin-rouge around here have been claiming... And PTP THREW THESE FARMERS OUT of Lopburi! Ahh, the truth will out. Thaksinistas, I think your days are numbered. TS, whomever you're paying to let you stay in Dubai must be looking forward to an early, all expense paid, retirement...

Their convoys of over a hundred of farm trucks..................Tens of thousands of farmers from the lower northern and central regions in several hundreds of farm trucks and pickup trucks

So which is it...over a hundred trucks or several hundreds of trucks??? Would be pretty hard to fit TENS OF THOUSANDS of farmers in a hundred or so trucks...must be some really big trucks...or some VERY SLOPPY SLANTED REPORTING???

More farmers join Bangkok protests for rice payments

By Digital Content

13928734294710.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 20 – The Ministry of Commerce was completely sealed off for the second day today as more farmers poured into the capital from several provinces to demand due payment for their rice under government subsidy.

More than 500 farm vehicles which left Uthai Thani yesterday and encamped overnight in Sing Buri, 140 km north of Bangkok, are approaching the capital.

An initial report said they would rally at Suvarnabhumi Airport, or they may meet other farmers at the Commerce Ministry to jointly pressure caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to personally talk to them on rice payments.

Ms Yingluck has so far not ever met with protesting farmers but assigned such Cabinet members as caretaker Deputy Prime Minister/Commerce Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisarn and caretaker Deputy Prime Minister/Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong to talk to them, but to no avail.

Rawee Rungruang, leader of the Thai Farmers Network, said the government-proposed farmers fund to help farmers was a good idea but it did not meet farmers’ present demand for rice payment, not loans. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-02-20

I see that they are coming. For them it does not matter how they do it. They are the victims caused by the government. They are angry and might get irrational.

The reds might say that they want to get rid of Suthep but the reds can't even say that they want to get rid of the farmers.

We all know that the farmers have been screwed big time.

I hope that they do not block the airport but they might do it. They are bringing their own machineries. If they block the airport until the payment is made, that would a serious problem. No one wants the airport to be blocked. Everything went too far and Yingluck has no chance to regain her position.

She is already a loser but if the farmers start blocking the airport, her shame will go down in history.

Come on Yingluck, resign now and leave the country. That is probably the best way to save Thailand from real disaster.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where I live the are just now planting a new crop of rice while these farmers and protesting who planting the rice? No wonder their poor.

In my wife's village, which is 100% red shirt, most have not been paid and have no money to buy supplies for a new crop. Many owe money to illegal money lenders and are in dire straights.

I guess the farmer where I live are smart and have money or been paid by the government

Stop guessing redsnake. Go ask them and then let us know.....coffee1.gif

One man's terrorist/thug is another man's freedom fighter.

Who do you now favor? Red or Yellow?

Which side are/were you on in the past?

Let us all know if you are on the side of the "legitimate” government or the "people" who are rising up or had risen up against the government?

1. In Caracas – happening now
  2. In Kiev – happening now
  3. In Egypt (ex-govt = muslim bro-hood vs. people)
  4. In USA a long time ago (Terrorist rebel colonists vs. the legitimate gov’t – King George)
  5. In Poland (legitimate govt = communist vs. people led by Lech Walesa)
  6. In China (govt vs. people/kids who were slaughtered in Tiannamen square)
  7. In Cambodia – happening now

I realize that the circumstances may not all fit the situation in LOS, but I'm interested in your historical perspective of “thugs” vs. “government”.

BTW – the wife and mother in law received $2,000 baht each to vote in Samut Prakan. Things are getting desperate in hardcore Redville – Samut Prakan. Village leader was at the ballot box checking votes. They were threatened if they didn’t vote. So much for “let the ballot box decide”. I am very much of free and fair elections, but what they call voting in Thailand is not what I consider following the democratic process as we westerners know.

Also, some big-shot came by yesterday and threatened them if they joined the farmers in BKK. Doesn’t really matter that much….they only read Red newspapers, listen to Red radio and Watch Red TV, so they are pretty much insulated from what the “other side” has to say.

A much more complex one would be the Ben Gurion led "freedom fight" against the English after the second world war. He later became head of state.

How about Poland's Lech Wałęsa?

One man's terrorist/thug is another man's freedom fighter.

Who do you now favor? Red or Yellow?

Which side are/were you on in the past?

Let us all know if you are on the side of the "legitimate” government or the "people" who are rising up or had risen up against the government?

1. In Caracas – happening now
  2. In Kiev – happening now
  3. In Egypt (ex-govt = muslim bro-hood vs. people)
  4. In USA a long time ago (Terrorist rebel colonists vs. the legitimate gov’t – King George)
  5. In Poland (legitimate govt = communist vs. people led by Lech Walesa)
  6. In China (govt vs. people/kids who were slaughtered in Tiannamen square)
  7. In Cambodia – happening now

I realize that the circumstances may not all fit the situation in LOS, but I'm interested in your historical perspective of “thugs” vs. “government”.

BTW – the wife and mother in law received $2,000 baht each to vote in Samut Prakan. Things are getting desperate in hardcore Redville – Samut Prakan. Village leader was at the ballot box checking votes. They were threatened if they didn’t vote. So much for “let the ballot box decide”. I am very much of free and fair elections, but what they call voting in Thailand is not what I consider following the democratic process as we westerners know.

Also, some big-shot came by yesterday and threatened them if they joined the farmers in BKK. Doesn’t really matter that much….they only read Red newspapers, listen to Red radio and Watch Red TV, so they are pretty much insulated from what the “other side” has to say.

2000b is good. My friend's parents in Isaan only got 600b each, a week before the Feb 2nd elections. Unfair! I shall protest to Dubai, methinks.

I'm about 80 km NW of Khonkaen in a small village no doubt predominantly redshirt. Most of the farmers here grow sugar cane now, so maybe the effects of the rice debacle is having less effect. Not really sure as being a falang tends to exclude me from things of this nature(thankfully)

Please tell me this is a joke only.

RT @Juarawee: RT @Joyday_napas: 11AM farmers decides 2 not go 2 Suwannabhumi after leader affirms govt will start paying next week http://t.co/fokuWqZKyn

RT @RichardBarrow: Tourists and Suvarnabhumi Airport just had a reprieve. Farmers have decided to return home after government promised to pay them #Thailand

RT @pakhead: Tractor convoy led by CTP godfather Chadha has decided not to blockade Bangkok airport after all. They are going home.

Ok, lets add to the nation incredible story for them.

Farmers have pulled out and are heading home.

Headline - tens of thousands of farmers decide to have no truck with suthep and cancel their rally. yep, 20,000 farmers just withdrew support from him.

Wonder how they will spin the numbers now

Headline - tens of thousands of farmers decide to have no truck with suthep and cancel their rally. yep, 20,000 farmers just withdrew support from him.

These farmers already made it clear that they were not doing this to support Suthep ...they just want the government to tell them WHEN they will be paid... it is I'm the Op report .. who's spinning now??

PS : looks like they believed what they were told .. dunno why!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

......and shorten you're rein and life!!

RT @RichardBarrow: 11:30am This is what is heading to #Bangkok; 100’s of farmers & their tractors. Now in Ang Thong (Pic @CrDNnews) http://t.co/gulQbf5Soy

Bg4_CTGCQAAGaX4.jpg

They must be very poor to be able to buy the fuel for those gas guzzlers and drive to BKK?

I see the maths as usual is crap, tens of thousands in hundreds of trucks?? 999 trucks even with 10 people in doesnt = tens of thousands

So, having said that, what's yer point?

Matthew Richards @forestmat 4h

Hearing farmers in Korat province comment on how new all those tractors look that are heading into #Bangkok on TV news reports

Some speculation that the tractors were given to them either by Kubota or by the PDRC (suppose they could have also used the money Suthep raised for them).

Well the 25M Baht which according to one red Sirt supporter hwich has already gone to the lawyers would probably buy less than 50 new tractors.

Where I live near Mae Wong I have only seen about 3 new tractors sold in the last 6 months so there isn't a lot of money floating around here and this is only one area that has not been paid yet.

• Like 1

Jesus, you lot swallow the troll posts easy.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

well the mods dont seem interested in stopping them ..so it seems its open season on here...wai2.gif

Haha, yes agreed!. Makes it more interesting perhaps......

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What happens when 'next week' doesn't arrive? Do you think they are going home to kiss their Shin family portraits on the strength of a (likely false) promise?

RT @RichardBarrow: 11:30am This is what is heading to #Bangkok; 100’s of farmers & their tractors. Now in Ang Thong (Pic @CrDNnews) http://t.co/gulQbf5Soy

Bg4_CTGCQAAGaX4.jpg

Hmmm...On this one I support them 100% as this seems to be the only way to get the attention of all the government bozos.

"Yingluck were coming for you and your corrupt little cronies too".....with pitch forks drawn...... ready to impale the wicked witch of the South.

The thing that I can not figure out is where the money ( fuel for example ) is coming from as this trip to the Emerald City in the Land of Oz has to be costing them a lot more money than they are claiming they do not have.