Tens of thousands of farmers in hundreds of farm trucks heading to Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RT @RichardBarrow: 11:30am This is what is heading to #Bangkok; 100s of farmers & their tractors. Now in Ang Thong (Pic @CrDNnews) http://t.co/gulQbf5Soy

Bg4_CTGCQAAGaX4.jpg

Hmmm...On this one I support them 100% as this seems to be the only way to get the attention of all the government bozos.

"Yingluck were coming for you and your corrupt little cronies too".....with pitch forks drawn...... ready to impale the wicked witch of the South.

The thing that I can not figure out is where the money ( fuel for example ) is coming from as this trip to the Emerald City in the Land of Oz has to be costing them a lot more money than they are claiming they do not have.

I read in the paper today that they are led (read financed?) by a disgruntled politician (forget his name) from Uthai Thani who belongs to Charthaipattana Party and has been winning the seat there since a long time. This time however, their alliance partner Phuea Thai fielded their own candidate and he was defeated and seriously lost face. It was the same leader who claims to have had a meeting with Yingluck today and then 'pursuaded' the farmers to go back. Edited by saakura

Ok, lets add to the nation incredible story for them.

Farmers have pulled out and are heading home.

Headline - tens of thousands of farmers decide to have no truck with suthep and cancel their rally. yep, 20,000 farmers just withdrew support from him.

Wonder how they will spin the numbers now

What happens when 'next week' doesn't arrive? Do you think they are going home to kiss their Shin family portraits on the strength of a (likely false) promise?

No matter the outcome, paid or not this group will not be returning to Bangkok and this was Barnhan's plan all along.

They need to protest for the govt loan and direct their anger towards Suthep/ Dems!! Suthep is blocking the money

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lol. How is Suthep "blocking" anything? He's not an MP. 'Not a cabinet minister. Does he hold some senior position in the finance ministry nobody knows about? Does YS require his permission for something?

Pheu Thai - at a certain absent fugitive's behest - dig a hole, wide and deep, and some (who apparently don't think the hole is big enough yet...) just keep on irrationally insisting the "Dems" did it!

Edited by hawker9000

very likely the whole thing was just a set up, a con job.

Surely any real farmer who hadn't been paid wouldn't have swallowed the 'we'll pay you next week' line so easily, again.

If it had been genuine the thing to do would have been to say

"Great we will get paid next week, but we have come this far so we will carry on to the airport and have a weeks holiday then when you pay us we will go back home"

That would have dumped it right into Kitteratt's lap, now he has a reprieve.

It must have been well worth the ex mp's while, a large donation and possibly a cabinet post to ease the pain of the face loss.

They need to protest for the govt loan and direct their anger towards Suthep/ Dems!! Suthep is blocking the money

So why has my father in law and the farmers in our village been waiting since October?

• Like 1

Simple, congress is gone, NACC questioned legaluty of paying, Dems have scared the banks!! Next question. Do you really think its to Yingluks benefit to not pay?? Of course not!@

Simple, congress is gone, NACC questioned legaluty of paying, Dems have scared the banks!! Next question. Do you really think its to Yingluks benefit to not pay?? Of course not!@

So as usual you are avoiding the glaring fact that Yingluck dissolved Parliament without putting provisions in place to pay the outstanding debt. All the loan agreements etc should have been sorted and signed many months ago. It's not as if this debt SUDDENLY appeared is it?

whose fault is the nonpayment to farmers .. Yingluck's fault!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So as usual you are avoiding the glaring fact that Yingluck dissolved Parliament without putting provisions in place to pay the outstanding debt. All the loan agreements etc should have been sorted and signed many months ago. It's not as if this debt SUDDENLY appeared is it?

Let me remind you that the Dems quit congress. Congress then could not vote for anything since Congress had inadequate representation. So once the Dems left Congress, there was nothing left to do but to dissolve Congress. Up til that point, dissolution of congress was simply talking points for Yingluk.

Besides, who was pressing the PM to make changes? The Dems /Suthep.

- NACC was the one questioning the validity of continuing the funding when the nation was controlled by the Caretaker, yet, 6 weeks later, agree to allow the funding. (Funding was already approved prior, so Constitutional congress simply delayed the process)

- Suthep has threatened banks repeatedly

- Even after he told banks that he was OK with the funding, he encouraged the people to go pull money out of the banks, needlessly. It was all a farce.

- Now, how about the bond program. Do you think Suthep will agree with this option? Trust me, he will try to block this option also.

Again... Yingluk has NO reason to not pay the farmers. Suthep is the only person that gains power when the farmers suffer. Yingluk suffers.

Let me remind you that the Dems quit congress. Congress then could not vote for anything since Congress had inadequate representation. So once the Dems left Congress, there was nothing left to do but to dissolve Congress. Up til that point, dissolution of congress was simply talking points for Yingluk.

Besides, who was pressing the PM to make changes? The Dems /Suthep.

- NACC was the one questioning the validity of continuing the funding when the nation was controlled by the Caretaker, yet, 6 weeks later, agree to allow the funding. (Funding was already approved prior, so Constitutional congress simply delayed the process)

- Suthep has threatened banks repeatedly

- Even after he told banks that he was OK with the funding, he encouraged the people to go pull money out of the banks, needlessly. It was all a farce.

- Now, how about the bond program. Do you think Suthep will agree with this option? Trust me, he will try to block this option also.

Again... Yingluk has NO reason to not pay the farmers. Suthep is the only person that gains power when the farmers suffer. Yingluk suffers.

Are you 100% sure of your assertion that Yingluck HAD to dissolve Parliament because I'm not sure you are correct. Please link to relevant parts of the constitution or Parliamentary law. Thanks

Yingluck had no reason not to pay farmers except for the fact Yingluck had NO MONEY to pay farmers and the government knew this but rather than finding money to pay them. They were to busy trying to force through the amnesty and infrastructure bill. The off budget infrastructure bill that many believe would have provided money for the rice pledging scheme .. Which still makes it Yingluck's Phua Thai governments fault .. they did not prepare adequate monetary provisions to pay for their top electoral populist scheme! So no spin... Yingluck's fault

Sorry to burst your bubble, but YS did benefit from not paying the farmers, it is call stealing from the money set aside for the farmers. If you can manage the policy with a 500billion baht spending cap, then you shouldn't be in the business at all. What business do you know that would invest 780 billion baht ($24 Billion) and still need more? Especially they exchange money for rice, so let's sell the rice.

In the long run, the govt destroyed the industry and will cause more farmers to suffer in the future.