Suvarnabhumi Airport warns of heavy traffic caused by anti-government rallies

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone so STUPED that they would like to travel to Bangkok these days? -No I dont

believe that......Bombs, shooting, A BIG MESS.....Iam happy Iam not there....smile

What about those who booked their flights/hotel long time ago after their reitered efforts at job saving money to have holidays at what they consider a paradise ?

We are also happy that you are not there , 1 less at the bars....

In my example i bought recently a flight for May as they offer Madrid - Bangkok direct just from 650,00 Euros , cant miss that chance . I wont miss you in Thailand tongue.png

• Like 1

from the nation, a few minutes ago:

"Former Chat Thai Pattana Party MP Chada Thaiset, who represents Uthai Thani-based farmers, said that part of the farmers would be heading to Suvarnabhumi airport, on purposes he did not specify.

A leader of Lop Buri-based farmers, Ubolsak Bualuangngarm, said farmers would blockade the capital for seven days if the government failed to pay them, but would not cooperate with anti-government movement People’s Democratic Reform Committee in its drive to oust the government. He also asked capital residents to stockpile food supplies for seven days before then."

Last week the traffic from Sukhumvit To Suvarnabhumi was horrible. Thanks to the Mob at Asoke

Complete rubbish.

The protest at Asoke only blocks a very small part of Sukhumvit. I travel up and down Sukhumvit a few times a week and the traffic from Asoke to Bang-na Trad intersection is the lightest in years, Songkran excepted.

The AOT warning is stupid - there are no protests within a considerable distance of the airport. Apart from a few farmers at the airport looking for donations, what caused this 'warning'?

The large number of angry farmers presently rolling towards it on their hand tractors?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Park some tractors across as many intersections as possible. Deflate the tyres. Gridlock.

If I were in their situation with no money to show for half a year's labour, then I would do it and so would many others. Sitting at home waiting for the money won't achieve anything.

the thrue, on 20 Feb 2014 - 11:42, said:

Is anyone so STUPED that they would like to travel to Bangkok these days? -No I dont

believe that......Bombs, shooting, A BIG MESS.....Iam happy Iam not there....smile

What about those who booked their flights/hotel long time ago after their reitered efforts at job saving money to have holidays at what they consider a paradise ?

In my example i bought recently a flight for May as they offer Madrid - Bangkok direct just from 650,00 Euros , cant miss that chance . I wont miss you in Thailand

SOON YOU CAN GET THAT TICKET FOR FREE. THIS MESS IS ONLY IN THE BEGINNING....SAD BUT THRUE IF YOU HAVE LEARN ANYTHING FROM HISTORY

Hate to point this out, but this seems another view that Bangkok=Thailand. Should be a warning to those "coming from or passing through" Bangkok. All 12 of you (joking). And unless those in BKK are in some sort of sleep therapy, one would hope they have enough sense to figure this out on their own....

Best occasion to visit Chiang Mai after having previously booked a direct flight with KoreanAir, from Chiang Mai to Seoul (Incheon), then to your destination anywhere on the planet.

Best solution to avoid Bangkok if you have some spare time. thumbsup.gif

https://www.koreanair.com/local/kr/ld/eng/tp/bo/eng_tp_bo_krifr.jsp?mode=reservationForm&krEngURL=eng_tp_bo_krifr2.jsp

Edited by Gil

The Bangkok elite are going all out in a last ditch effort before the result of the election makes a mockery of their claims.

They wanted an election, Yingluck called their bluff, then they didn't want an election. They knew they'd get slaughtered at the polls.

Shutdowns lost momentum after about a week. They've consolidated the protest sites and would still be lucky to have a dozen people during the day at Asoke.

Now it's a last ditch effort to overthrow the government.

The judicial coup is in motion and as a back up they're going to paralyze the airports.

Thailand's a lost cause.

I'd love to know who's paying these Somchais for their time and fuel.

Edited by Hulkster
  • Like 1

Spell check on STUPED please ... try STUPID

So I guess you are coming to Bangkok soon 555

AoT board chairman begs farmers not to close Suvarnabhumi Airport to pressure caretaker govt to pay overdue payments under rice pledging scheme /MCOT

Have the farmers threatened to do this?

Thai web boards and face book reporting farmers planning to go straight to the airport..You might think there are wild posts on this board, its even fiercer in Thai..

If they're red shirt farmers and they want to close down the airports, why would the army or police stop them? Protesters have spent the last three months storming government buildings, closing down major intersections throughout the city. Why should red shirts be denied their right to protest?

Edited by Hulkster

the thrue, on 20 Feb 2014 - 11:42, said:

In my example i bought recently a flight for May as they offer Madrid - Bangkok direct just from 650,00 Euros , cant miss that chance . I wont miss you in Thailand

SOON YOU CAN GET THAT TICKET FOR FREE. THIS MESS IS ONLY IN THE BEGINNING....SAD BUT THRUE IF YOU HAVE LEARN ANYTHING FROM HISTORY

Yawn, if history was all there was to it librarians would be millionaires

I suspect that what you know about Thailand could be written on the back of a postage stamp in 57 different languages.....

To be honest the farmers have nothing to loose if the airport is closed. They are desperate they have no money and have really nothing to loose in all of this. So there is a good chance they will try to block the airport. Lets hope they do not because that would kind of seal it for Thailand.

shaurene, you missed a statement from the farmers, that they are going to suvarnabhumi.

they are no red or yellow shirt, however there are suspicions, that they might be sponsored by suthep (for obvious reasons)

It was always assumed they were sponsored by Suthep, its the obvious explanation but given the individuals concerned and the lack of any clear message, they look like Taksins mob being mobilized for some eventuality or other.

Maybe the the airport send off party to wish Yin bon voyage as she dramatically announces her leaving the stage..

Edited by Bkkbound

The Bangkok elite are going all out in a last ditch effort before the result of the election makes a mockery of their claims.

They wanted an election, Yingluck called their bluff, then they didn't want an election...

When did the protest leaders claim to want an election without reform occurring first? That's not the sequence of events that I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

Spell check on STUPED please ... try STUPID

So I guess you are coming to Bangkok soon 555

So pointing out someone's spelling error is your contribution? You must be very proud.

There is no order in the country clearly any group can do as they please as the army and police do nothing ,A pathetic excuse of a "country in decline"

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

An ultra corrupt police that acts like Thaksin's private security or an army for the elite who can't even handle a few hundred poorly trained and equipped Muslim insurgents in the south? The country is in the best hands...

I am flying into BKK (I Hope) 1 March then domestic flight to Khon Kaen, my 15th visit to Thailand Please don't close airport as this would be not only an unfortunate episode for me but also a loss to the Thai economy of about 500,000 baht which I intended to spend there. In addition my wife would not be able to visit her family who she hasn't seen for some time

If they're red shirt farmers and they want to close down the airports, why would the army or police stop them? Protesters have spent the last three months storming government buildings, closing down major intersections throughout the city. Why should red shirts be denied their right to protest?

That wasn't your view at 22:25 pm.