Thai Government to tell super powers and UN of political situation

webfact

I notice that Japan, the biggest investor of all in Thailand through decades, is not on the list. Maybe they realise that the Japanese already know what the truth is.

Well well... France is also in that Top 5 list ? Why dont they put other countries in that list like Belgium, Holland, Luxemburg, etc.... whistling.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why this concern with what the outside world thinks hardly the usual Thai attitude ?

Yes, I would agree. However, in te context of the Thai economy being increasingly reliant on foreign investment , it is imperative that this be done. The international connection is of scant interest to Suthep and the cronies. Ironically, the greatest losers from a loss of confidence in Thailkand as a place to invest will be the very people who seem to be giving him some support. Thailand runs the serious risk of reverting to being a nation of " hewers of wood and carriers of water"..The rest of ASEAN...laughing their <deleted> off

I agree. It adds credibility to the government as well if they are seen with global leaders, especially if they are able to present the situation in an honest light (unlike Suthep's letter to Obama a while back). Perhaps they are also seeking some sort of assistance, financial or otherwise.

mmm... they are going to the permanent members of the UN security council. As noted by others, Japan was not mentioned.

This does not bode well. A worst-case scenario (for the Thai people) is a country in chaos followed by UN (in reality, US-backed) intervention. We've seen this in too many other countries for it not to be an option.

The ultimate plan is for Thailand to be overtly friendly to US and globalist interests. If covert plans fail, watch out for the drones. I'm not sure what China's real role is in the globalist plans.

Look around the world - how many truly independent nations are left? The tug-of-war in the Ukraine is another example of a nation straddling two empires that is not being allowed to think for itself - you're either with us or against us. Shit world.

The ultimate plan is for Thailand to be overtly friendly to US and globalist interests. If covert plans fail, watch out for the drones

you've been watching too many movies!cheesy.gif

One of the problems I see here is that in the west when an official messes up they resign or stand down but in Thailand they carry on and try to blame someone or something else, it really is a serious problem when a government tries to lie it's way out of trouble

Not to mention how stupid they will look if they actually went ahead and tried to fool those they hope to convince!

• Like 1

Get real. Look at the civil unrest in Ukraine, Syria and Venezuela. Do you think the world community is going to pay attention to a regime that has become unsustainable due to its own incompetence? PTP could have worked around the Yingluck problem by having her resign from politics. They should have had her take the fall for the rice pledge scheme and amnesty bill scandal. By sticking with her in the last election, they sealed their fate. The world community can see the writing on the wall and will wait for Thailand to sort out its next government.

No. What the rest of the world thinks of Thai politics is of little consequence. What the investment community thinks is of critical significance. Woulkd you contemplate a major investment in a country run by Suthep or those who are paying him to engage in what is effectively guerilla tactics? I don't think so. Thailand's reputation as an investor-friendly environment is under serious threat. Others are laughing all the way to the bank

Do you seriously think the investment community give a toss who is running the country? They look for stability, growth, good management and most importantly opportunities to make money and profits.

If Suthep, the army or the boy scouts can run the country better than the Shin family, then they would switch allegiance at once.

Secondly, the investment community are well aware of the caretaker government, who really runs it, their finance minister's propensity for telling lies and the increasing probability many of its member will be facing court charges soon,

Do you really think sending a member of the family, who as FM is known for illegally issuing a passport to his criminal fugitive cousin, which his boss, and also cousin, refuses to answer questions on, is likely to increase credibility and investor sentiment?

The chances of the country plunging into more civil disruption look ominous. And you think Suthep can convince everyone it's all rosy and under control?

I notice that Japan, the biggest investor of all in Thailand through decades, is not on the list. Maybe they realise that the Japanese already know what the truth is.

Well well... France is also in that Top 5 list ? Why dont they put other countries in that list like Belgium, Holland, Luxemburg, etc.... whistling.gif

France, rightly or wrongly is a permanent member of the UN security council, along with the others.

Remember, PTP wanted Thailand to join as an elected non permanent member?

Maybe, Suthep is seeking UN support, so he can threaten the protesters with UN peacekeepers should the Thai military intervene.

"We come from elections, we democracy, we honest, Thaksin sorry call you not his father - please help us, no one home believe us, honest 3 times".

Amazing what can happen in politics. This lot will do anything, say anything and try anything to cling to power.

• Like 1

.................Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, however, did not specify when the overseas tour would start but said that the five super powers namely the US, Russia, China, France and England and the UN needed to be informed of the real situation in Thailand................

Firstly, it's not their concern

Secondly, do you think they really care?

Thirdly, were you so keen to let the world know about the Red shirt thugs who set fire to buildings and took hospital patients as hostages?

Stop blubbering and grow up. crying.gif

You're pathetic.

The hyperbole about the events of 2010 gets more hysterical each the it's retold. Hospital patients held hostage?

Someone here needs to tighten their tenuous grasp on reality.

fab4 post # 67

The hyperbole about the events of 2010 gets more hysterical each the it's retold. Hospital patients held hostage?

Someone here needs to tighten their tenuous grasp on reality.

Indeed that is true and you fab4 should be the leader in the campaign to grasping reality .

Where were you in 2010? Not here going by your comments .

Somehow I and others would doubt that you were here as you seem not to be able to recall the events, or possibly its a nasty bout of selective amnesia bought on by wearing those non prescription red tinted spectacles

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why this concern with what the outside world thinks hardly the usual Thai attitude ?

Yes, I would agree. However, in te context of the Thai economy being increasingly reliant on foreign investment , it is imperative that this be done. The international connection is of scant interest to Suthep and the cronies. Ironically, the greatest losers from a loss of confidence in Thailkand as a place to invest will be the very people who seem to be giving him some support. Thailand runs the serious risk of reverting to being a nation of " hewers of wood and carriers of water"..The rest of ASEAN...laughing their &lt;deleted&gt; off

I agree. It adds credibility to the government as well if they are seen with global leaders, especially if they are able to present the situation in an honest light (unlike Suthep's letter to Obama a while back). Perhaps they are also seeking some sort of assistance, financial or otherwise.

Sadly I think it's just an excuse for a shopping trip.

Yes, I would agree. However, in te context of the Thai economy being increasingly reliant on foreign investment , it is imperative that this be done. The international connection is of scant interest to Suthep and the cronies. Ironically, the greatest losers from a loss of confidence in Thailkand as a place to invest will be the very people who seem to be giving him some support. Thailand runs the serious risk of reverting to being a nation of " hewers of wood and carriers of water"..The rest of ASEAN...laughing their &lt;deleted&gt; off

Agree that Thailand needs to reassure it's economic partners that it isn't an economic basket case as quite clearly it has to borrow it's way out of the current mess.

But it also needs to jettison liabilities like Kittirat first or nobody will even begin to take them seriously

• Like 2

You are very brave putting credibility,government and honest in the same sentence.

LOL

And you are very nice to use the word 'brave'. I could think of less charitable or complimentary adjectives to use.

I believe when this band of clowns shows up in the countries they plan to visit, they will create some awkward situations. I can see them meeting with junior members of each government who will nod politely while trying to understand the Thai delegation's choppy and incorrect English. At the same time, the junior government staff will shift uncomfortably in their chairs wondering why these Thai people are here. To the intelligent, it could only rightly be seen as an expensive attempt to get some undeserved sympathy. The poor junior gov employees will be thinking that with all the problems in Thailand right now why aren't these people in their offices in Thailand trying to do something about it instead of wasting people's time and taxpayers money.

This action will only make the Shinawatra government more of an international joke.

I have not yet discovered any case where the UN has actually helped to stop violence once it has escalated to murderous levels, especially when it comes to genocide (read Samantha Powers' book, " A Problem from Hell", on the ineptitude of the UN when it comes to preventing genocides). This is not turning into a genocide, but it's definitely chaos.

I can't really understand how these "Anti -government" protesters (similar to terrorists at this point) claim they are upholding Democratic values? Definitely some intervention is necessary to stop the guerilla warfare tactics.

Edited by me313

Again, Thaksin's cousin to the rescue, this time to put forth a proposal that has every stamp of Thaksin on it - all spin and no details. His remarks pertaining to the Civil Court ruling are key, because they emphasize the seriousness of Chalerm's attempt to put pressure on the court to alter their ruling to allow the use of force. Chalerm's request on the heels of the Civil Court's ruling - through national television - reminding them of the " favours " he's done for them ( whatever that means ) - is completely improper, could be easily viewed as intimidation - and should be viewed by the court as such. For Surapong's information, that is what bullying is.

" Nevertheless, he said the prime minister would not run away from Bangkok but would shift from place to place to work which would not be a big problem as she could still keep in touch with her ministers through tele-conferences or smartphones. "

She could also be like Superman, and transform herself in telephone booths.

Edited by Scamper

where's the sense in going on a world tour to tell others of what's going on ? all these countries have embassies in Thailand that monitor the situation and I am sure somebody in there follows all media too (including social media)... :-)

Wow...

Another way to bolster (Try to back-up) your lies.... Why spend much needed Thai money to do this obstruction of Justice?

Don't you think that the Embassy's of these Named Governments have not already reported the "if - what - where and why's" to their respective Offices???

Do you really think your "Words" are so far above reproach that their words would Float alone??? That Statements from respective Parties have not been already taken... Or they will be summoned to appear before these Respected Panels also? Don't really think at this time anything said to any other Government would be taken too seriously. (Maybe Laughed at behind closed doors...)

Thai Government needs to rethink this step.... Yes, I almost forgot, in pervious paragraph... "Shit does Float"!

Unfortunately very true.

jb1

where's the sense in going on a world tour to tell others of what's going on ? all these countries have embassies in Thailand that monitor the situation and I am sure somebody in there follows all media too (including social media)... :-)

It gets them out of the country for a while. Plus there is always the chance to catch up with some much needed shopping therapy. (will Yingluck be going) ?

jb1

Wow...

Another way to bolster (Try to back-up) your lies.... Why spend much needed Thai money to do this obstruction of Justice?

Don't you think that the Embassy's of these Named Governments have not already reported the "if - what - where and why's" to their respective Offices???

Do you really think your "Words" are so far above reproach that their words would Float alone??? That Statements from respective Parties have not been already taken... Or they will be summoned to appear before these Respected Panels also? Don't really think at this time anything said to any other Government would be taken too seriously. (Maybe Laughed at behind closed doors...)

Thai Government needs to rethink this step.... Yes, I almost forgot, in pervious paragraph... "Shit does Float"!

Your last 3 words are near true, but if you are unwell it is heavy and sinks, in their case it may well sink.whistling.gif

Military is about to launch a coup. Waiting for the perfect storm to move in. It's better for yingluck to rally for UN peacekeeping troops to move in to counter the Thai military coup and crush the barbarian suthep!

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

"Barbarian Suthep?" Really? Go review the death toll from 2010 & compare the actions of the protesters. How many hospitals invaded or Shopping malls have been burned down this time? At times the protest areas have been a tourist attraction this time. Do you think the big powers don't realize the Shins have robbed the country threadbare & can't even pay the rice scheme they were told was a disaster from day one? By pay, I am talking about Pay in October, November or December, Don';t blame the protesters now, the money had already gone & if I was a savings bank depositor, seeing my bank lending money to the govt to pay the rice debt (that should never have got to this) would be like watching your mother-in-law back your new car over a cliff. (P.S. Apologies to Mothers in law. It's an old saying)

• Like 1

Again, Thaksin's cousin to the rescue, this time to put forth a proposal that has every stamp of Thaksin on it - all spin and no details. His remarks pertaining to the Civil Court ruling are key, because they emphasize the seriousness of Chalerm's attempt to put pressure on the court to alter their ruling to allow the use of force. Chalerm's request on the heels of the Civil Court's ruling - through national television - reminding them of the " favours " he's done for them ( whatever that means ) - is completely improper, could be easily viewed as intimidation - and should be viewed by the court as such. For Surapong's information, that is what bullying is.

" Nevertheless, he said the prime minister would not run away from Bangkok but would shift from place to place to work which would not be a big problem as she could still keep in touch with her ministers through tele-conferences or smartphones. "

She could also be like Superman, and transform herself in telephone booths.

crush them? So you just want violence from their opponents is all you're saying. Real smart.

Shoring up the fortress Nongkhaikid against undemocratic forces at work. Maybe the end is high. Let's all hope it doesn't turn into a Kiev situation...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unfortunately very true.

jb1

Except for the fortune of natural gas and oil in the gulf and surrounding seas!

Military is about to launch a coup. Waiting for the perfect storm to move in. It's better for yingluck to rally for UN peacekeeping troops to move in to counter the Thai military coup and crush the barbarian suthep!

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

"Barbarian Suthep?" Really? Go review the death toll from 2010 & compare the actions of the protesters. How many hospitals invaded or Shopping malls have been burned down this time? At times the protest areas have been a tourist attraction this time. Do you think the big powers don't realize the Shins have robbed the country threadbare & can't even pay the rice scheme they were told was a disaster from day one? By pay, I am talking about Pay in October, November or December, Don';t blame the protesters now, the money had already gone & if I was a savings bank depositor, seeing my bank lending money to the govt to pay the rice debt (that should never have got to this) would be like watching your mother-in-law back your new car over a cliff. (P.S. Apologies to Mothers in law. It's an old saying)
They are not concerned I dare say about such matters, rather the investments and money they have placed into the Thai economy. Just look at The USofA for example and their planned presence of military bases here to shore up the region from the Chinese for example. Damned bunch of hypocritical liars all of them. Money money money.

What really happened here is pretty easy to follow

The funding sealing for the rice debacle reach it's limit, the government didn't want to admit or disclose the real financial status, they had been pushed by various institutions to disclose the figures and we kept getting lies from the finance minister

Then suddenly we saw the introduction of the 2.2 trillion baht off budget loan (off budget meaning they could spend the money as they saw fit) which they tried to push through the house under the guise of infrastructure projects - all lies

They needed money to pay the farmers, they didn't want to openly apply for loans as that would have exposed the true stated of the rice pledging scheme and the governments exposure which in turn would have raised more questions and investigations

The 2.2 trillion baht loan was successfully challenged in the courts and it was denied, shortly after the government stepped down leaving the rice scheme in tatters and raising more questions that the government was either unwilling to answer or couldn't

So here we are today, one thing is clear the funding is going to require huge loans going forward, an estimation of the current cost approaching 1 trillion baht - that is 500 billion over budget, nobody has any record or admits to records showing the true quantity of rice in storage or it's value - what seems to be clear is that 500 billion baht is unaccounted for, that is a serious amount of money

PTP cannot step down as this would expose them to a full financial audit which I have no doubt would end in court and jail for a number of senior figures

none of this has anything to do with suthep or the PDRC if anything they are hard at work trying to expose it along with a large section of the Thai people who are sick and tired of the lies and theft of their tax money

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

Well ehh.... Super powers and UN ,everythings fine !! Thailand is a Super Haven for foreign Investment . I no longer need my office now that I can be on the move and still conduct my business on mobiles and Tablets !!!! I like FACEBOOK! Mak Mak!

Ying on the Fling!