Black Olive Nut Paste

Hanlie

Do you mean tapenade (a paste from southern France made with the flesh of black olives)? Or do you mean a paste made from the olive stones? Or a mixed paste from black olives and from nuts?

Googling the topic title is not helpful.

If it is Tapenade, which is what the title suggests also to me, Villa in Sukhumvit 33 usually has it (also from

green olives).

If it is any of the other 2 things AyG mentions, never heard they exist. A bit more information from the OP

might help to help.

(This probably would be better in the Western or International food? Definitely not Thai)

• 2 weeks later...

I am referring to the paste used in black olive nut fried rice that I have bought in Thai restaurants and also food courts. On the menu it says 'black olive nut fried rice' I believe in Thai it is called Thew Makak. It is not a really a western/international food if Thai people cook with it, is it.............?

"Black Olive Nut Paste" is a total red herring. What you're looking for is Chinese olives, known here as námˑlîap. The dish you refer to is khâawˑphàtˑnámˑlîap. Jars are readily available at probably every supermarket in Thailand.