Red Shirts to gather in Nakhon Ratchasima

webfact

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keemapoot posted

Most of the Korat people I know are NOT red shirts. Maybe it's the company I keep

Chances are you live in a city like I do, which is vehemently yellow. And when they want to have an upcountry rally to show how populist they are they come here (sorry not lomsak) but in fact it is a yellow city in a red province. I imagine yours is too.

In the elections, not the recent ones, this province goes almost totally red by a overwhelming margin. You would never beleive it if you live in the city like I do

biggrin.png

That should give you a real perspective of the social divide. This country is stepping closer and closer to the brink

Yes, I suppose we are witnessing some sort of class warfare. I mentioned most of the Korat people I know are from the educated business & professional classes, business owners, etc. (I also do know some butchers, bakers & candlestick makers - and they are not red shirts either). Virtually the entire medical staff at the largest government hospital has been rotating going to Bangkok for the protests, and they are joined by many administrative and management people from the local banks, etc... - In other words, the middle class and the brain trust, professionals & backbone of this newly developed country with hopes of emerging into a higher economic & social status in Asean and the world. If they are displaced one can only wonder what will happen to Thailand.

It's tragic that the underprivileged class can't see the Shiniwatra clan under its leader as the charlatans they are, and at the same time one can understand that nobody else from those higher classes ever gave them a shot, so they feel it's their only choice.

The so-called reds are not communists. They are believers in democracy. On the other hand, Suthep and his followers do not believe in democracy and are doing everything they can to prevent elections. The international press have noticed that basic difference between the two camps, and that is why Suthep is treated by much of the press as either a laughing-stock or a dangerous fanatic.

I guess if you live in Thailand you'd take the second view, as there's nothing all that funny about a misguided rabble-rouser ruining your own country. The best of luck to the UDD in combating this monster.

• Like 2

I wonder if Tida and the rest of the Communists intend to return to the jungle and start a Khmer Rouge type insurrection like they did before.

Your statement is a simplistic attempt to raise the bogeyman of "commies". It is 2014, not 1950 and Senator Joe McCarthy the master of manipulation drank himself to death long ago.

Professor Thavornseth was an accomplished microbiologist and had a career on the rise until she made the sacrifice to join the pro-democracy uprising in 1973. It was that uprising that ended the brutal military dictatorship that had ruled Thailand with an iron fist. Subsequent to the 1976 massacre of students at Thammasat University and the reinstallation of the military dictatorship, her name was put on a target list for execution by the death squads that were roaming Thailand at the time killing the opponents of the military dictatorship. Yes, she fled to the jungle and the only group to offer her protection and support were the communists. She had no other option. It was flee or end up raped and dead in a field. She hid out for 6 years enduring hardship and suffering, all because she believed in democracy. She was non violent and it has never ever been alleged that she engaged in any acts of violence. She is the one UDD leader who has remained firm in her belief in non violence.

Well said, a real person of the people, but you'll never convince the yellow bellies on here.

UDD report card shows responsibility for over 90 dead during the brutal terrorist uprising and nothing achieved including not being able to overthrow an elected govt.

They can't even adhere to their own principles.

"To promote non-violence as our modus operandi for all activities"

The rest of the principles of democracy will catch up with this bunch of terrorists.

Time to listen to the will of the majority Tida.

"UDD report card shows responsibility for over 90 dead during the brutal terrorist uprising and nothing achieved including not being able to overthrow an elected govt."

I missed that, when was that then?

• Like 1

I wonder if Tida and the rest of the Communists intend to return to the jungle and start a Khmer Rouge type insurrection like they did before.

The East is RED!

The East part of the JUngle!!!!! ms. Tida go back to your farm you POS!!!

got to laugh at these idiots, they simply want what ever thaksin tells them to want. They care nothing for the peoples rights, it is all to do with them and they dare claim to be represeting the everyday thai but will tell them what it is they really want, in other words, you do what we say or your toast, thidas communistic preferences are coming to the fore.

I don't know or follow Thai politics,

But I know this, I have being going to Isaan and more particularly KKC where we own property, and where my wifes, and now my family is, An I have seen an incredible improvement in the area since Thaksin, and now his sister came to power. Roads, Hospitals, shopping centers, Major home improvement, store, real estate prices ,a noticeable increase in living standards.life expectancy do to affordable health care. etc etc.

Before that, the area was left to rot by your democrat friends.

Don't think this goes unnoticed by the locals. I know these people well, and I can tell you this with certainty.

They are not the idiots, that idiots like you think they are.

I don't doubt that SOME of Thaksin's early programs helped the Issan region. But don't you think that it was just timing and a natural migration of talent and available property etc that have enhanced the area. Khon Kaen is the largest city in North east Issan after all. Who built the shopping centers and hospitals was it Shinawatra companies .. No I don't think so it was the self same "elites " that we hear about.

How long have you been in Thailand?

Issan was and is a rural economy. I wonder if you speak to some of the older villagers do they think it's better now?

The one I spoke to from Surin. Said it's nice to have material things like TV etc but generally they were happier before with less worry and stress.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

got to laugh at these idiots, they simply want what ever thaksin tells them to want. They care nothing for the peoples rights, it is all to do with them and they dare claim to be represeting the everyday thai but will tell them what it is they really want, in other words, you do what we say or your toast, thidas communistic preferences are coming to the fore.

But I know this, I have being going to Isaan and more particularly KKC where we own property, and where my wifes, and now my family is, An I have seen an incredible improvement in the area since Thaksin, and now his sister came to power. Roads, Hospitals, shopping centers, Major home improvement, store, real estate prices ,a noticeable increase in living standards.life expectancy do to affordable health care. etc etc.

Don't think this goes unnoticed by the locals. I know these people well, and I can tell you this with certainty.

I don't doubt that SOME of Thaksin's early programs helped the Issan region. But don't you think that it was just timing and a natural migration of talent and available property etc that have enhanced the area. Khon Kaen is the largest city in North east Issan after all. Who built the shopping centers and hospitals was it Shinawatra companies .. No I don't think so it was the self same "elites " that we hear about.

How long have you been in Thailand?

Issan was and is a rural economy. I wonder if you speak to some of the older villagers do they think it's better now?

The one I spoke to from Surin. Said it's nice to have material things like TV etc but generally they were happier before with less worry and stress.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There has been a social uplift in many countries in the past couple of decades here the same..

It was the same in European countries a while before that and some going through it around the 90s.

Yes everyone is after the material stuff and generally they seemed happier because when every day is the same and no chance of it changing you find its easier to just be content with your lot and be happy. after all nothing will change so no point worrying about it. However.

Ask you parents if although they had or have the stress and worry would they wish for your life or their kids not to be better than theirs was ?

Once there is a taste of progress or change to better their lives people latch onto it like a limpet.

Personally I liked Thailand more then than I do now as it had something that is now lost but thats really just me being selfish it was quaint and all smiles but at whos expense ? not mine............... for the poor peoples lives and uplift to their opportunities especially those from rural and poor backgrounds it may be a worry etc etc but for their children parents will put up with much hardship ...I dont think they are that interested in going back to the old happy but with nothing serf days do you ?

UDD report card shows responsibility for over 90 dead during the brutal terrorist uprising

Please show proof where it states that red shirts are responsible for over 90 dead, as I am not aware of any court convictions.

Otherwise I will report this post as rumor mongering and spreading false facts is against the forum rules.

Thank you.

• Like 1

So in other words Tida is an UDDer failure.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'll take your word for it. The picture of Thida suddenly popping up on the screen scared the bejeezus out of me. The thought of it being topless is terrifying.

• Like 1

"The move is aimed at making a stronger and more united UDD policy to tell society what is truly wanted by Thais"

Such arrogance. Thai society is quite capable of deciding for itself what it wants, and in any case is society different from Thais?

I think Thida is only interested in what the red shirt terrorists want.

Red shirts have very little money. Thida and the rest of the (allegedly) self-appointed UDD leaders are interested in what the man with the money wants.

• Like 1

Keemapoot posted

Most of the Korat people I know are NOT red shirts. Maybe it's the company I keep

Chances are you live in a city like I do, which is vehemently yellow. And when they want to have an upcountry rally to show how populist they are they come here (sorry not lomsak) but in fact it is a yellow city in a red province. I imagine yours is too.

In the elections, not the recent ones, this province goes almost totally red by a overwhelming margin. You would never beleive it if you live in the city like I do

biggrin.png

That should give you a real perspective of the social divide. This country is stepping closer and closer to the brink

To a colour blind person, it would seem that those who live in the city and are nett tax payers have a different political view to the nett tax beneficiaries.

The nett tax payers would like to see taxation revenue spent to benefit all of society, while the beneficiaries are very happy with a policy that gives a large chunk of revenue to them personally because they are poor. They would probably be ecstatic if the policy was better designed and managed and actually worked, instead of being a vehicle to enrich the designers and their cronies.

maybe these red shirt leaders will disclose where they get their money from and how much

open and honest is the way to go - right ?

I suspect any support they used to have is either already in Bangkok the last few months or has just arrived

Thumbs up for social media - there is no place to hide from the truth, TV station brainwashing doesn't work any more, the truth is out there and people are finding it

• Like 1

maybe these red shirt leaders will disclose where they get their money from and how much

open and honest is the way to go - right ?

I suspect any support they used to have is either already in Bangkok the last few months or has just arrived

Thumbs up for social media - there is no place to hide from the truth, TV station brainwashing doesn't work any more, the truth is out there and people are finding it

The whole thing this gove has done to thai is so sad.Getting 100s of millions from IMF to put 90% in there own pockets.When in actuall fact Thailand was fine before.They will leave thai crippled and the people will have to pay it back.poor thailand.Then when the debt is cleared for sure this family will be back in power again to repeat this same cycle again.Not surprised yellow shirts want this family out of politics completely.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

UDD report card shows responsibility for over 90 dead during the brutal terrorist uprising

Please show proof where it states that red shirts are responsible for over 90 dead, as I am not aware of any court convictions.

Otherwise I will report this post as rumor mongering and spreading false facts is against the forum rules.

Thank you.

oh no it wasnt the redshirts or people paid buy the gov .They shot each other .bahaha.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well said although progress will probably have been made in KK what ever government was in power.

Out in the rural communities life still seems to be stuck in the past - which isn't a bad thing, can be quite the contrary.

(To those that seem hell bent on derogatory references to Thai people) Please don't tar the people of North East Thailand with the same brush, they deserve the same respect as every Thai citizen, do they not?

Some of them still are. You can frequently see it in their references to the success of various communist revolutions, particularly in interview pieces. Combine it with one of the worst aspects of unchecked capitalism Thailand has to offer and you have a very ugly alliance indeed.

Whatever she was in the past she is now rates fairly high on the scary nutter scale.

In late 2009, months before the red shirts descended on Bangkok, the offical monthly redshirt magazine ran a four page article on Lenin with big full-page photo of the man himself, which had all the communist blurb held up on a pillar as if it were sacred. I remember seeing it back then and getting that "sinking feeling."

I don't think they are all communists at all, I don't think half of them understand what happens to everyone except the very highest members in communism. But some of the red-shirt leadership definitely have real communist leanings.

The premiere Red Shirt magazine, Voice of Taksin, with its pro-communist, anti-royal push

VoiceofTaksin100419Lenin.jpg

An excellent website for exposing this and other Red Shirt publications with translations in English is available at 2Bangkok :

http://2bangkok.com/category/thai-politics/red-shirt-publications

Edited by Davidhere
  • Like 2

The courts said you're allowed to protest without consequence. I hope to see them soon in Bangkok. It's the only way that the Sino-Thais will take them seriously and respect their political rights.

Rightly or wrongly, rural people see this as another coup executed by the Sino-Thai elite who want to install a government that will enrich them even more at the expense of rural Thais. That's the perception and it's a perception held by rural Thais for good reason.

Don't forget, the elected leader of this country is a Sino-Thai as are many others in the now caretaker government (family members ect.). These people were voted in by the rural folks so I don't think breaking the political picture down into racist factions is a reflection of the perception of the rural Thais.

• Like 1

It's amazing what a booming global economy can do isn't it?

I'd be interested in knowing what has improved over the last 3 years under Yingluck though?

Sent from my phone ...

Thank you.

So Abhisit and Suthep aren't responsible either. Who is?

Sent from my phone ...

I'd be interested in knowing what has improved over the last 3 years under Yingluck though?

Sent from my phone ...

Two new 7-11's.

Sent from my phone ...

Booming global economy???

You are kidding right?

You are kidding right?

No. I'm not kidding. When Thaksin was in power, there was a booming global economy.

That's why I'm wondering what Yingluck has done while the global economy is crap. The Thai economy doesn't appear to be doing so well at the moment (before the protests started).

Sent from my phone ...

• Like 1

You are kidding right?

No. I'm not kidding. When Thaksin was in power, there was a booming global economy.That's why I'm wondering what Yingluck has done while the global economy is crap. The Thai economy doesn't appear to be doing so well at the moment (before the protests started).Sent from my phone ...

The 2000's have seen some of the most difficult economic challenges in history, culminating in deep recession in 2007,

some might go as far as say an economic depression. Luckily for Thailand policies from the previous administration has created an environment that insulated Thailand from such events.

Such economic policies and treaties, placed Thailand in a position of straight,poised to become a manufacturing and economic powerhouse, and the Detroit of the east.

The future was bright.

If there are any dark clouds in the development of the Thai economy, they are in my opinion the opposition protests and mr suthep, who are hellbend in derailing the whole process and setting Thailand back 20 years.Allowing other regional economies to fill the void.

• Like 2

The courts said you're allowed to protest without consequence. I hope to see them soon in Bangkok. It's the only way that the Sino-Thais will take them seriously and respect their political rights.

Rightly or wrongly, rural people see this as another coup executed by the Sino-Thai elite who want to install a government that will enrich them even more at the expense of rural Thais. That's the perception and it's a perception held by rural Thais for good reason.

Don't forget, the elected leader of this country is a Sino-Thai as are many others in the now caretaker government (family members ect.). These people were voted in by the rural folks so I don't think breaking the political picture down into racist factions is a reflection of the perception of the rural Thais.

I feel a change in feel this week. They have weathered the absolute worst that the courts and media could do and still the mob is dwindling.

Everybody must now ensure she does not resign and this is done on FB twitter and through rallies. With an electoral mandate, she has to defend the democratic system against the coup.

There is no other way, nobody will accept a coup and it must be fought off at all levels before anybody decides to try it on.

I imagine there is diplomatic language in there that ensures she knows she has international backing. Whilst they won't fan Sutheps flames for him, the embassies and UN will be very concerned with the direction of the country this year.

I hope they protest and block the Courts now. They have allowed this to continue and maybe not long before we see farmers blockading the law courts. If this is how they want Gov to be blocked, the PT should de-tooth them.... Not like they going to phone the police to have them cleared away is it!!!