Thriple threat fat attack

MrHammer

If we wouldn't meant to eat meat it wouldn't taste so good for us....If we are meant to eat only grass and vegetables these would taste good.

But in fact only the high calorie vegetable taste good....and by tradition they are only a side dish to fill up our too long intestine....

I rather like most veggies, regardless of the caloric count of each one. I hardly think it is a "fact" that only high-calorie veggies taste good.

I also think it is rather simplistic to state that we are omnivores and need to eat animal proteins. The Adventists are one of the longest living demographics, and they are all vegetarians. I think it is very possible in today's world to remain vegetarian while never eating any animal proteins of any kind and live a long, healthy life.

This may not be true in all countries or all societies. In the US, though, and in many other countries, the breadth of foodstuffs easily available now makes it quite possible to eat well as a vegetarian.

Having written that, though, I am not a vegetarian, nor do I think I will ever be. I am a hypocrite in that I won't kill, and I deplore how animals are treated in the food industry. When I see pigs crammed into a pickup and on the way to Klong Tuey to slaughter, I get sick to my stomach. But I eat meat. I love it. And maintaining a healthy diet that includes animal proteins is so much easier than maintaining one without animal proteins.

The fact is that those studies had the health bias.. vegetarians are more likely to be involved in other healthy activities as people who consume a lot of meat. However if you take people who consume a lot of meat and exercise sports and stuff like that the result might be totally different. I am 100% sure that eating healthy + eating meat and doing loads of sports is as healthy or healthier as doing the same.

That said vegetarians need loads of supplements for vitamins and minerals that normally come from meat. That means powders and pills, recently I started juicing vegetables and the result of those extra vitamins has been much better as the store bought ones. Because of that I am not as sure if pills work as good as the natural thing from meat.

But if you take people who eat a lot of meat and those are the ones eating the wrong kind prepared the wrong way then sure in any equation the meat eater will loose out. But i doubt its the same if you take those that eat the right meats prepared the right way.

Facts don't lie there are hardly any vegetarian or vegan bodybuilders (some but not many and you never know how big and strong they would be with meat) Find me some of the top athletes that are vegetarian / vegan and then look at those who are not.

I never wrote that I thought that eating a vegetarian diet is healthier than a balanced diet because I don't think it is true. I just wrote that it is possible to have a healthy diet even without eating animal proteins. I will say this, though: I think that if a person is going to one extreme or the other, a vegetarian diet would be healthier than a meat/fat only diet.

As far as high-level vegetarian athletes, instead of listing them in all the sports, how about Robert Cheeke, and Luiz Freitas?

Well in compare to others they don't look like a lot muscle....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rather like most veggies, regardless of the caloric count of each one. I hardly think it is a "fact" that only high-calorie veggies taste good.

I also think it is rather simplistic to state that we are omnivores and need to eat animal proteins. The Adventists are one of the longest living demographics, and they are all vegetarians. I think it is very possible in today's world to remain vegetarian while never eating any animal proteins of any kind and live a long, healthy life.

This may not be true in all countries or all societies. In the US, though, and in many other countries, the breadth of foodstuffs easily available now makes it quite possible to eat well as a vegetarian.

Having written that, though, I am not a vegetarian, nor do I think I will ever be. I am a hypocrite in that I won't kill, and I deplore how animals are treated in the food industry. When I see pigs crammed into a pickup and on the way to Klong Tuey to slaughter, I get sick to my stomach. But I eat meat. I love it. And maintaining a healthy diet that includes animal proteins is so much easier than maintaining one without animal proteins.

The fact is that those studies had the health bias.. vegetarians are more likely to be involved in other healthy activities as people who consume a lot of meat. However if you take people who consume a lot of meat and exercise sports and stuff like that the result might be totally different. I am 100% sure that eating healthy + eating meat and doing loads of sports is as healthy or healthier as doing the same.

That said vegetarians need loads of supplements for vitamins and minerals that normally come from meat. That means powders and pills, recently I started juicing vegetables and the result of those extra vitamins has been much better as the store bought ones. Because of that I am not as sure if pills work as good as the natural thing from meat.

But if you take people who eat a lot of meat and those are the ones eating the wrong kind prepared the wrong way then sure in any equation the meat eater will loose out. But i doubt its the same if you take those that eat the right meats prepared the right way.

Facts don't lie there are hardly any vegetarian or vegan bodybuilders (some but not many and you never know how big and strong they would be with meat) Find me some of the top athletes that are vegetarian / vegan and then look at those who are not.

I never wrote that I thought that eating a vegetarian diet is healthier than a balanced diet because I don't think it is true. I just wrote that it is possible to have a healthy diet even without eating animal proteins. I will say this, though: I think that if a person is going to one extreme or the other, a vegetarian diet would be healthier than a meat/fat only diet.

As far as high-level vegetarian athletes, instead of listing them in all the sports, how about Robert Cheeke, and Luiz Freitas?

And then again, inuits aka eskimoes in places like Siberia and Greenland eat a diet that traditionally consists almost entirely of animal meat and fat, yet they are very healthy. This has had many puzzled which is why there have been studies done and even a tv show.

Again, I do not believe we all have the same genetics when it comes to food. It is only natural to think we would adapt to whichever food source was healthy and available in our enviroment.

Why can the Thais eat a diet so full of empty carbs and not get fat, while westerners seem to struggle with it? There are clearly genetic differences in how our bodies uses food.

One thing I think modern man of most cultures eat too little off is fish. Up until recently, historically speaking, it would be much easier to catch a fish than kill a deer or wild board. Archeology in most european stone age settlements show that marine life, fish, shellfish, shrimps, bird eggs were a big part of that diet. I've also had whale and while I generally don't think whaling is a good idea, it is incredibly tasty meat that fully rivals high quality beef.

if you were to go vegatarian - for nutritional reasons, not ideological - then I think it could be done if you ate a lot of fish. The major problem I have with vegans are that it is an ideology and not so much nutritional science.

Well when I look into my office, 1/3 is very overweight, 1/3 is normal weight and 1/3 is very slim.

And diabetics is getting a big problem in Thailand...so their genetic doesn't seem to have a big advantage. Just the girls diet hard because they want to be beautiful. And a lot Yaba and a lot smoking in Thailand which keeps you slim. Less fat pork with liters of beer than in Europe.

These who eat western diet get even faster fat......Thailand is just a bit behind the west.

One thing I think modern man of most cultures eat too little off is fish. Up until recently, historically speaking, it would be much easier to catch a fish than kill a deer or wild board. Archeology in most european stone age settlements show that marine life, fish, shellfish, shrimps, bird eggs were a big part of that diet. I've also had whale and while I generally don't think whaling is a good idea, it is incredibly tasty meat that fully rivals high quality beef.

if you were to go vegatarian - for nutritional reasons, not ideological - then I think it could be done if you ate a lot of fish. The major problem I have with vegans are that it is an ideology and not so much nutritional science.

One problem with fish is pollution, specifically mercury. Most nutritionists recommend only one serving per week of salt water fish due to the concentrations of mercury in almost all pelagic species.

As far as being a vegetarian and eating fish, the two don't mix. A vegetarian, by definition, eats no animal proteins. That is not limited to beef. It is all meat. It also means no eggs nor dairy. Unfortunately from a language standpoint, many people started to bastardize the word, saying they were vegetarians but who ate chicken, or fish, or eggs. This is why the word "vegan" cropped up, and real vegetarians tried to distance themselves from the wannabes who still ate animal proteins.

A lacto-vegetarian will consume dairy products, and an ovo-vegetarian will eat egg products.

Vegans also has the connotation of not using leather and the like whereas vegetarians have a more diet-based reason for not eating animal proteins. Vegans tend to more philosophical about their lifestyle while vegetarians tend to be more nutritionally based.

THey are both highly decorated body-builders.

Then again, we can point to Carl Lewis, perhaps the greatest track star in modern history, so I would hope he could represent the truly elite athlete. He is a vegetarian.

Ok, I understand that, but then there is no need to claim nutritional reasoning for being a vegetarian when it is clearly and ideological choice in that you don't believe in killing animals.

Which of course is quite ironic as most animals in the world would happily eat you if they could even grass eaters would chew on your corpse if they go the chance as do cows with dead rabbits for example.

I can't say I agree with the vegetarian standpoint.

THey are both highly decorated body-builders.

Then again, we can point to Carl Lewis, perhaps the greatest track star in modern history, so I would hope he could represent the truly elite athlete. He is a vegetarian.

by no means I know much about professional bodybuilding, but just with a bit google you see some who look like triple the size (are there weight classes in bodybuilding??)

One problem with fish is pollution, specifically mercury. Most nutritionists recommend only one serving per week of salt water fish due to the concentrations of mercury in almost all pelagic species.

As far as being a vegetarian and eating fish, the two don't mix. A vegetarian, by definition, eats no animal proteins. That is not limited to beef. It is all meat. It also means no eggs nor dairy. Unfortunately from a language standpoint, many people started to bastardize the word, saying they were vegetarians but who ate chicken, or fish, or eggs. This is why the word "vegan" cropped up, and real vegetarians tried to distance themselves from the wannabes who still ate animal proteins.

A lacto-vegetarian will consume dairy products, and an ovo-vegetarian will eat egg products.

Vegans also has the connotation of not using leather and the like whereas vegetarians have a more diet-based reason for not eating animal proteins. Vegans tend to more philosophical about their lifestyle while vegetarians tend to be more nutritionally based.

yes and you never know how polluted the fish is.....

yes a time ago it was fashion to be vegetarian and everyone called themself vegetarian, but told that they eat egg + milkproducts + fish. (I don't know for the definition in English but in German Fish isn't meat).

And as you tell...the next step where these who told they are vegetarian because they don't eat meat often.....crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif Because it was fashion to tell "I am vegetarian".

This is still continuing...why am I not surprised.

Exercise is the key, no candy, carbonated drinks, alcohol, cigarettes or related, pork (too much sodium), soy or related beans, starch (rice, bread, pasta, etc..), any overly salted foods...Thailand MSG, and of which I already covered, anything that tastes good. However if you were to make superfood drinks daily, you'll bypass the acquired taste threshold.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Also. Vegetarians are a joke in the real world. "Cope Outs" better said. Vegans on the other hand are sound. You either eat the food the planet has provided or make up some silly excuse to avoid it. Will in any case give a plus to the Vegans though they do tend to die quicker than the carnivores.

Ok, I understand that, but then there is no need to claim nutritional reasoning for being a vegetarian when it is clearly and ideological choice in that you don't believe in killing animals.

Which of course is quite ironic as most animals in the world would happily eat you if they could even grass eaters would chew on your corpse if they go the chance as do cows with dead rabbits for example.

I can't say I agree with the vegetarian standpoint.

Sorry, but many, many people are vegetarian based on nutritional reasoning. I personally know of two people who switched to vegetarian diets after heart attacks. Other people simply claim to feel better with a vegetarian diet. It is not "clearly" an ideological choice alone.

None of this is black and white, but vegetarians tend to be more concerned with health reasons for their diet while "vegans" tend to think of the cruelty to animals and such aspect to it. Of course there is bleed-over and individuals differ, but that difference in intent is there.

I am the hypocrite here, a vegan in my heart but a meat-eater in my brain (nutrition) and more importantly, in my taste buds and stomach.

Exercise is the key, no candy, carbonated drinks, alcohol, cigarettes or related, pork (too much sodium), soy or related beans, starch (rice, bread, pasta, etc..), any overly salted foods...Thailand MSG, and of which I already covered, anything that tastes good. However if you were to make superfood drinks daily, you'll bypass the acquired taste threshold.

???

It works similar without exercise

fully agree with candy

What is the problem on carbonated?

fully agree with Alcohol

What is the problem with cigarettes? Smokers are in general slimmer than non smoker

What is the problem with pork or sodium? I can't see any problem with fat loss when eating more or less sodium or pork. I actually ate a lot pork when I diet away more than 20 kg

yes and you never know how polluted the fish is.....

yes a time ago it was fashion to be vegetarian and everyone called themself vegetarian, but told that they eat egg + milkproducts + fish. (I don't know for the definition in English but in German Fish isn't meat).

And as you tell...the next step where these who told they are vegetarian because they don't eat meat often.....crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif Because it was fashion to tell "I am vegetarian".

Yes, it became more fashionable than what people actually did. I have actually had a woman tell me she was a vegetarian while she was eating a fired chicken leg. I asked her what vegetable a chicken was.

Language differences aside, animal flesh, be that mammal, bird, reptile, amphibian, or fish, is what classifies an organism as a carnivore. Eating insects, arachnids, and the like, while technically animal flesh, classifies and organism as being an insectivore.

???

fully agree with candy

fully agree with Alcohol

What is the problem with cigarettes? Smokers are in general slimmer than non smoker

What is the problem with pork or sodium? I can't see any problem with fat loss when eating more or less sodium or pork. I actually ate a lot pork when I diet away more than 20 kg

Exercise for cardio but also for muscle.

Carbonated drinks are full of sugar, eliminating them is surer way.

Cigarettes is overly bad to the health...why promote health/weight without eliminating that which can kill you

Pork unless the most lean, which it haven't seen in this country is bad for the heart. However most meat here is. Chicken & fish however is neutral.

In my mid thirties, I did a diet of fresh juicing 1-2 days a week, cutting out all above, ate five russet potatoes a day, minimum 2 sirloin steaks a day. Large salads daily. The juicing made up my vegetable allowance. Two hours five days a week in the gym. Cheated with a large bowl of pasta, bread, whatever 1-2 times a week. Was lean muscle. To each his own. A diet is what your metabolism makes of it not what people suggest. Everyone should no there own body/selves before taking anyone's suggestions to heart. That said, would advise anyone to stay clear of diet foods as they aren't there to help. Money...money, don't help the Corporations kill you.

???

fully agree with candy

fully agree with Alcohol

Cigarettes is overly bad to the health...why promote health/weight without eliminating that which can kill you

Pork unless the most lean, which it haven't seen in this country is bad for the heart. However most meat here is. Chicken & fish however is neutral.

In my mid thirties, I did a diet of fresh juicing 1-2 days a week, cutting out all above, ate five russet potatoes a day, minimum 2 sirloin steaks a day. Large salads daily. The juicing made up my vegetable allowance. Two hours five days a week in the gym. Cheated with a large bowl of pasta, bread, whatever 1-2 times a week. Was lean muscle. To each his own. A diet is what your metabolism makes of it not what people suggest. Everyone should no there own body/selves before taking anyone's suggestions to heart. That said, would advise anyone to stay clear of diet foods as they aren't there to help. Money...money, don't help the Corporations kill you.

yes, but that has nothing to do with loosing weight....it is good for health and you can eat more, maybe it makes weight loos easier. But it isn't important.

Carbonated drinks are full of CO2....Therefor the name....Soda water, Coke light, etc etc have no sugar at all.

You mean sweet drinks (which also included fruit juices that aren't carbonated).

yes, but here it is about loosing weight, not about living healthy which is a complete different topic. Saving electric and not beating the Soi dog is also good, but doesn't help loosing weight. To stop smoking actually is a reason for gaining weight.

I always see lean pork in the supermarket...it tastes like sawdust but it is lean. Pork is an excellent source of protein. Pork fat is more or less medium, neither too good nor too bad. There are worse fat. Too much fat is always a problem in a diet. But it isn't a pork problem.

Yes, it is actually shocking what they sell as diet food. Non fat diet yoghurt full with sugar. Fitness products without sugar with concentrated grape syrup (=pure sugar). Cynical you could say as more a product is promoted for diet as more you should avoid it. On some fat free cheese, plain fatfree yoghurt, chicken breast etc etc no one writes "diet".

I think the people just want to cheat themself and the corporations just support it/make money out of it.

I think everyone knows how to reduce weight (eating less) and we can only discuss how to make it easier. But as you say light products are with a few exceptions (cottage cheese for example) no help....just an excuse to eat more.

Excuse me for not finishing your novel but "coke light"...seriously. Any low fat carbonated drink uses artificial sweeteners which are worse for the health than an outright cup of bleached sugar.

you are mixing good for health and loosing weight.

2 different topics

Reading more into it. I'm done with the topic. Weight & health go hand in hand, but your option is to lose weight & die years after. Or the OP can lose a little weight, enjoy food & delay death. Cardio exercise is essential & so is a lean diet, fasting (in the later years), juicing...hell if above 60 I'd recommend the ultimate sin of becoming a Vegan to prolong life to 90. Though I think your Thai wife/GF will off you way before you even get close.

Reading more into it. I'm done with the topic. Weight & health go hand in hand, but your option is to lose weight & die years after. Or the OP can lose a little weight, enjoy food & delay death. Cardio exercise is essential & so is a lean diet, fasting (in the later years), juicing...hell if above 60 I'd recommend the ultimate sin of becoming a Vegan to prolong life to 90. Though I think your Thai wife/GF will off you way before you even get close.

neither people who drink diet coke, nor people who don't do cardio die with 60......There are even fat lazy smoker who drink diet coke who get 90.

In your opinion are only 2 possible ways: live in a way you consider healthy and slim. Or getting slim is pointless because the diet coke will kill you anyway soon crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

neither people who drink diet coke, nor people who don't do cardio die with 60......There are even fat lazy smoker who drink diet coke who get 90.

In your opinion are only 2 possible ways: live in a way you consider healthy and slim. Or getting slim is pointless because the diet coke will kill you anyway soon crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

The argument will go on indefinitely. In my opinion there are a thousand ways depending on your constitution. But sweeteners will in fact lead to death whether by cancer, or other in the long term. Best as always to stay natural. Fresh lemon juice is easy, cheap & very healthy.

The argument will go on indefinitely. In my opinion there are a thousand ways depending on your constitution. But sweeteners will in fact lead to death whether by cancer, or other in the long term. Best as always to stay natural. Fresh lemon juice is easy, cheap & very healthy.

I personally neither smoke, nor would I even get the idea of drinking coke, diet or non diet.

Cheating the natural system with sweeteners isn't a good idea....no questions. But they don't lead to death....They are well tested and the discussion is if they may increase some risks or not. If they would lead to death they would have been banned since a long time.

(all the patents are long expired so no money in it as well)

I personally neither smoke, nor would I even get the idea of drinking coke, diet or non diet.

Cheating the natural system with sweeteners isn't a good idea....no questions. But they don't lead to death....They are well tested and the discussion is if they may increase some risks or not. If they would lead to death they would have been banned since a long time.

(all the patents are long expired so no money in it as well)

Death with cancer and with corporate entities/ government lobbyists, what can kill you can also be deemed safe. Just look at the cigarette companies...they will be here until the end. Also Alcohol companies. Speaking of America, the Gov only wants money & your death before you reach your age for Social Security. That way with the death tax, they can steal half your assets.