Thriple threat fat attack

MrHammer

Actually, no food other than 'real' juice or water after 7pm. The largest meal should be breakfast & at least 2-3 hours later, a heavy workout. Lunch....whatever & dinner light greens & raw vegetables. Foods/liquids to avoid - all alcohol, beans, nuts, starch, soy, anything gluten, non-natural sugar, anything spicy (unless you're Thai), oil in foods (Bran, olive, corn or some vegetable okay). Most important to cut out all alcohol, breads...i.e. Starch & exercise a normal routine. Juicing 3-4 days (with a real juicer & fresh vegetables) a month would be a plus. Also, no smoking & restricted sex only after the first 3 months.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

who tells the largest meal should be the breakfast? It is said many times, but never read any reason for it.

no smoking?? restricted sex? I always thought smoking makes you less hungry and sex burns a lot energy?

reason is that we are said to burn more energy during the day then at night, its like decreasing each meal so you don't have too much unused calories in your body. At least that is the theory i read, did not make it up myself.

Not sure if our bodies are that sensitive.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in the link below are informations on this very diet it is rather well known and I do not believe one second OP "created" it itself , for the simple reason I have done it myself for more than one year, its called "The Warrior Diet" after a few days, one week ten days the body get accustomed, the founder of "Defense Nutrition" a scientist explained the process very well!

http://www.defensenutrition.com

• Like 1

There is no doubt that human evolution has been linked to meat in many fundamental ways. Our digestive tract is not one of obligatory herbivores; our enzymes evolved to digest meat whose consumption aided higher encephalization and better physical growth. Cooperative hunting promoted the development of language and socialization; the evolution of Old World societies was, to a significant extent, based on domestication of animals; in traditional societies, meat eating, more than the consumption of any other category of foodstuffs, has led to fascinating preferences, bans and diverse foodways; and modern Western agricultures are obviously heavily meat-oriented. In nutritional terms, the links range from satiety afforded by eating fatty megaherbivores to meat as a prestige food throughout the millennia of preindustrial history to high-quality protein supplied by mass-scale production of red meat and poultry in affluent economies.

But is it possible to come up with a comprehensive appraisal in order to contrast the positive effects of meat consumption with the negative consequences of meat production and to answer a simple question: are the benefits (health and otherwise) of eating meat greater than the undesirable cost, multitude of environmental burdens in particular, of producing it?

Killing animals and eating meat have been significant components of human evolution that had a synergistic relationship with other key attributes that have made us human, with larger brains, smaller guts, bipedalism and language. Larger brains benefited from consuming high-quality proteins in meat-containing diets, and, in turn, hunting and killing of large animals, butchering of carcasses and sharing of meat have inevitably contributed to the evolution of human intelligence in general and to the development of language and of capacities for planning, cooperation and socializing in particular. Even if the trade-off between smaller guts and larger brains has not been as strong as is claimed by the expensive-tissue hypothesis, there is no doubt that the human digestive tract has clearly evolved for omnivory, not for purely plant-based diets. And the role of scavenging, and later hunting, in the evolution of bipedalism and the mastery of endurance running cannot be underestimated, and neither can the impact of planned, coordinated hunting on non-verbal communication and the evolution of language.

Homo sapiens is thus a perfect example of an omnivorous species with a high degree of natural preferences for meat consumption, and only later environmental constraints (need to support relatively high densities of population by progressively more intensive versions of sedentary cropping) accompanied by cultural adaptations (meat-eating restrictions and taboos, usually embedded in religious commandments) have turned meat into a relatively rare foodstuff for majorities of populations (but not for their rulers) in traditional agricultural societies. Return to more frequent meat eating has been a key component of a worldwide dietary transition that began in Europe and North America with accelerating industrialization and urbanization during the latter half of the 19th century. In affluent economies, this transition was accomplished during the post-WW II decades, at a time when it began to unfold, often very rapidly, in modernizing countries of Asia and Latin America.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/should-humans-eat-meat-excerpt/

Just to let some other voices heard as the magicians distortion of truth. We are omnivores not carnivores.

Actually, no food other than 'real' juice or water after 7pm. The largest meal should be breakfast & at least 2-3 hours later, a heavy workout. Lunch....whatever & dinner light greens & raw vegetables. Foods/liquids to avoid - all alcohol, beans, nuts, starch, soy, anything gluten, non-natural sugar, anything spicy (unless you're Thai), oil in foods (Bran, olive, corn or some vegetable okay). Most important to cut out all alcohol, breads...i.e. Starch & exercise a normal routine. Juicing 3-4 days (with a real juicer & fresh vegetables) a month would be a plus. Also, no smoking & restricted sex only after the first 3 months.

who tells the largest meal should be the breakfast? It is said many times, but never read any reason for it.

no smoking?? restricted sex? I always thought smoking makes you less hungry and sex burns a lot energy?

reason is that we are said to burn more energy during the day then at night, its like decreasing each meal so you don't have too much unused calories in your body. At least that is the theory i read, did not make it up myself.

Not sure if our bodies are that sensitive.

yes that is the theory, but that doesn't mean that it is true. Others have the theory to keep the time without food longer. Both can be true or wrong. Or true for some people wrong for others.

This breakfast must be big is like the eat a lot carbohydrates and low fat theory some dogma which is just repeated again and again the last 50+ years

• Like 1

the sex comment was a joke, however smoking messes with the metabolism. A large breakfast isn't necessarily the one option as there are so many ways, depending on your metabolism, digestive system & exercise routine. I prefer multiple small meals throughout the day, superfood or fibre drink supplements & exercise. I smoke, but try to use the patch more often. However laying off the beer is my bitch.

the sex comment was a joke, however smoking messes with the metabolism. A large breakfast isn't necessarily the one option as there are so many ways, depending on your metabolism, digestive system & exercise routine. I prefer multiple small meals throughout the day, superfood or fibre drink supplements & exercise. I smoke, but try to use the patch more often. However laying off the beer is my bitch.

I stopped smoking a couple of years ago.....but as it reduces hunger it won't be bad in my opinion for getting slimmer (we aren't speaking about health).

Beer is really bad.....I stopped on 1st November. I decided that the Thai beer quality is just below to what I can accept...And the imported is too expensive and often not good as well after transported so far.

Beer has a triple problem:

The calories itself

It acts a bit as female hormones which tends to make you more fat

It makes you hungry....if you aren't hungry after some beer you are, or if you drink more your blood sugar gets a bit out of balance making you hungry.

Beer + fat food is the worst thing you can do.....

I tried Vodka and Black Label as beer replacement, but after reading how much calories it has I stopped it as well......

Yes it would be a challenge sticking to that...and yes anyone would lose weight with that type of diet. However weight would typically 'yo-yo' on it. I prefer a more permanent change to diet/lifestyle. I agree with fasting, and I'm trying to do it once a week. Just take on amino acids during that 24hrs. Gives your liver a break...and your liver is your best friend...

Seems ill-conceived to me.

The body is going to be breaking down muscle, rather than burning fat.

Starve yourself all day and binge on 2000 calories between 6 p.m. and midnight is going to mean a massive spike in blood sugar resulting in fat being deposited, rather than burned - particularly because you're then going to go to sleep and be inactive.

The body will always break down fat before muscle. If you are overweight, your muscle will be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That "always" is not true....The body has some problems burning only fat......if you make things wrong the body need to convert muscle protein into sugar to be able to burn the fat.

Exactly right...if you dont put enough of the correct nutritionn in your body, it will take from muscles, bones , organs etc...your body is efficient at taking energy from fat as a last resort...Unless you trick and force your body into buring fat.

Edited by ginglee

Starve yourself all day and binge on 2000 calories between 6 p.m. and midnight is going to mean a massive spike in blood sugar resulting in fat being deposited, rather than burned - particularly because you're then going to go to sleep and be inactive.

The body will always break down fat before muscle. If you are overweight, your muscle will be fine.

That "always" is not true....The body has some problems burning only fat......if you make things wrong the body need to convert muscle protein into sugar to be able to burn the fat.

Exactly right...if you dont put enough of the correct nutritionn in your body, it will take from muscles, bones , organs etc...your body is efficient at taking energy from fat as a last resort...Unless you trick and force your body into buring fat.

The short version:

First the body uses sugar...but liver has only stock of 2000 calories

You can burn fat only together with sugar, not alone.

The body can't convert fat into sugar.

But can convert protein into sugar.

If you eat very little or no carbohydrates at all, the body is switching into a complete different set of software which changes everything.

Every part reduces usage of sugar, some parts can do it 100 %, even brain can do -70 %

Instead the liver converts fat into ketone bodies which can be used instead of sugar.

Ketone bodies are water solvable, can be easily transported, don't need any regulation like sugar level. Some say it is a more natural level of living.....

Like if you live in Europe: eat mostly meat and fat. But when in autumn there is plenty of food you switch into carbohydrates and getting fat fast to survive the winter.

Beside the usage of Ketone bodies the body increases grow hormons to protect muscles, reduces need of sleep and increase general alertness (body expects you to search for food, not sleep lazy and starve).

All of the changes need time. Body need to look into the old code in the DNA, copy it over, make the right enzymatic machine out of it and get it running.....

• Like 1

Quite a lot of nonsense in this thread as in all threads here related to diet. Here's some food for thought:

Why You Should Think Twice About Vegetarian and Vegan Diets

Review of the book Death By Food Pyramid: http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/low-carb-library/death-food-pyramid/

(References to the China Study.)

Edited by JSixpack

Here in the link below are informations on this very diet it is rather well known and I do not believe one second OP "created" it itself , for the simple reason I have done it myself for more than one year, its called "The Warrior Diet" after a few days, one week ten days the body get accustomed, the founder of "Defense Nutrition" a scientist explained the process very well!

http://www.defensenutrition.com

Of course I have read the Warrior Diet, however there are differences. The Warrior Diet is not really low carb, it just says to eat your carbs last. It also doesn't advocate calorie counting.

My 'new' diet, which of course isn't really new, is more of a mix of Lyle McDonald's "Rapid Weight Loss" combined with "The Warrior Diet" and in my opinion, low carb-low calorie (Rapid Weight Loss diet) and intermittent fasting (Warrior Diet) combined is a VERY effective way to quickly lose fat and weight.

• Like 1

I don't know how I found this thread, I was following someones content but please let me chip in. I don't have a weight problem but my elder brother had a huge problem. After many years of trying fad diets, always looking for an easy option he suddenly found the answer. Actually we had all been telling him for years but he never listened, always going for the easy option.

The simple answer was - Eat less and excercise more.

With the help of a dietician he form a routine and stuck with it. It took him a year and a half but he went from 18 stone to 9 stone and managed to keep it there. Now...in my brothers words...the hard part is keeping it off.

He stuck to his regime and actually became a kind of excercise junkie! He looks the picture of health these days and he's been like this for 6 years now.

Sorry, I'm going on a bit but I supported my brother right through the early tough times and let me tell you, the secret is watch what you eat and excercise more...keep it simple!

Quite a lot of nonsense in this thread as in all threads here related to diet. Here's some food for thought:

Review of the book Death By Food Pyramid: http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/low-carb-library/death-food-pyramid/

It is not often that we 100% agree but B.S about vegetarians v.s people who do eat meat is crazy. Meat is healthy and provides essential things. Plus it tastes good.

• Like 1

It is not often that we 100% agree but B.S about vegetarians v.s people who do eat meat is crazy. Meat is healthy and provides essential things. Plus it tastes good.

I am a carnivorevampire.gif.pagespeed.ce.503w77X5K-.gif

• Like 1

It is not a co-incidence that vegetarians in nature are prey and meat eaters are the huntersbiggrin.png

yes and the hunter must be faster, stronger and smarter, on the other hand they need better food.

If we wouldn't meant to eat meat it wouldn't taste so good for us....If we are meant to eat only grass and vegetables these would taste good.

But in fact only the high calorie vegetable taste good....and by tradition they are only a side dish to fill up our too long intestine....

As long when you watch children play...there is a lot throwing something, shooting at something, people are fascinated with high speed cars, powerful guns, going hunting, fishing etc....If you compare how children of dogs, cats etc act and how children of cows, goats, etc act you'll see to which group you belong....

Another sign is that we can perfectly live without carbohydrates, like a cat, but without meat or some high protein replacement we get big problems.

• Like 2

It tastes good because the body wants that you eat it......

does the same logic apply to fizzy cola bottle sweets?

• Like 1

If we wouldn't meant to eat meat it wouldn't taste so good for us....If we are meant to eat only grass and vegetables these would taste good.

But in fact only the high calorie vegetable taste good....and by tradition they are only a side dish to fill up our too long intestine....

I rather like most veggies, regardless of the caloric count of each one. I hardly think it is a "fact" that only high-calorie veggies taste good.

I also think it is rather simplistic to state that we are omnivores and need to eat animal proteins. The Adventists are one of the longest living demographics, and they are all vegetarians. I think it is very possible in today's world to remain vegetarian while never eating any animal proteins of any kind and live a long, healthy life.

This may not be true in all countries or all societies. In the US, though, and in many other countries, the breadth of foodstuffs easily available now makes it quite possible to eat well as a vegetarian.

Having written that, though, I am not a vegetarian, nor do I think I will ever be. I am a hypocrite in that I won't kill, and I deplore how animals are treated in the food industry. When I see pigs crammed into a pickup and on the way to Klong Tuey to slaughter, I get sick to my stomach. But I eat meat. I love it. And maintaining a healthy diet that includes animal proteins is so much easier than maintaining one without animal proteins.

I rather like most veggies, regardless of the caloric count of each one. I hardly think it is a "fact" that only high-calorie veggies taste good.

I also think it is rather simplistic to state that we are omnivores and need to eat animal proteins. The Adventists are one of the longest living demographics, and they are all vegetarians. I think it is very possible in today's world to remain vegetarian while never eating any animal proteins of any kind and live a long, healthy life.

This may not be true in all countries or all societies. In the US, though, and in many other countries, the breadth of foodstuffs easily available now makes it quite possible to eat well as a vegetarian.

Having written that, though, I am not a vegetarian, nor do I think I will ever be. I am a hypocrite in that I won't kill, and I deplore how animals are treated in the food industry. When I see pigs crammed into a pickup and on the way to Klong Tuey to slaughter, I get sick to my stomach. But I eat meat. I love it. And maintaining a healthy diet that includes animal proteins is so much easier than maintaining one without animal proteins.

The fact is that those studies had the health bias.. vegetarians are more likely to be involved in other healthy activities as people who consume a lot of meat. However if you take people who consume a lot of meat and exercise sports and stuff like that the result might be totally different. I am 100% sure that eating healthy + eating meat and doing loads of sports is as healthy or healthier as doing the same.

That said vegetarians need loads of supplements for vitamins and minerals that normally come from meat. That means powders and pills, recently I started juicing vegetables and the result of those extra vitamins has been much better as the store bought ones. Because of that I am not as sure if pills work as good as the natural thing from meat.

But if you take people who eat a lot of meat and those are the ones eating the wrong kind prepared the wrong way then sure in any equation the meat eater will loose out. But i doubt its the same if you take those that eat the right meats prepared the right way.

Facts don't lie there are hardly any vegetarian or vegan bodybuilders (some but not many and you never know how big and strong they would be with meat) Find me some of the top athletes that are vegetarian / vegan and then look at those who are not.

The fact is that those studies had the health bias.. vegetarians are more likely to be involved in other healthy activities as people who consume a lot of meat. However if you take people who consume a lot of meat and exercise sports and stuff like that the result might be totally different. I am 100% sure that eating healthy + eating meat and doing loads of sports is as healthy or healthier as doing the same.

That said vegetarians need loads of supplements for vitamins and minerals that normally come from meat. That means powders and pills, recently I started juicing vegetables and the result of those extra vitamins has been much better as the store bought ones. Because of that I am not as sure if pills work as good as the natural thing from meat.

But if you take people who eat a lot of meat and those are the ones eating the wrong kind prepared the wrong way then sure in any equation the meat eater will loose out. But i doubt its the same if you take those that eat the right meats prepared the right way.

Facts don't lie there are hardly any vegetarian or vegan bodybuilders (some but not many and you never know how big and strong they would be with meat) Find me some of the top athletes that are vegetarian / vegan and then look at those who are not.

i agree with your point but just for some balance would like to add i eat a lot of meat but i'm still rather weak

but i'm not sure if / how that would change if i became a vegetarian / vegan / cannibal / etc

Edited by brit1984

i agree with your point but just for some balance would like to add i eat a lot of meat but i'm still rather weak

but i'm not sure if / how that would change if i became a vegetarian / vegan / cannibal / etc

To be honest that is the whole problem of my sport.

How weak strong big fast would I be if I did not eat this (or this supplement) or if I trained an other way.

I believe we all got a set of genetics and how close we get to optimal muscle / fat loss is depended on training and food.

In what I do you often wonder if what you take helps you (does my protein powder help or not.. did the creatine help me lift heavier or not) In the end its hard to know and see and that is the whole problem.

But I don't believe that anything.. eating no meat or more or less protein will make a 50% difference. I believe the differences are there but depending how good your basis diet and training is already the less the change will matter.

In other words.. I am not sure how you would be if you did not eat any meat at all.

The short version:

First the body uses sugar...but liver has only stock of 2000 calories

You can burn fat only together with sugar, not alone.

The body can't convert fat into sugar.

But can convert protein into sugar.

If you eat very little or no carbohydrates at all, the body is switching into a complete different set of software which changes everything.

Every part reduces usage of sugar, some parts can do it 100 %, even brain can do -70 %

Instead the liver converts fat into ketone bodies which can be used instead of sugar.

Ketone bodies are water solvable, can be easily transported, don't need any regulation like sugar level. Some say it is a more natural level of living.....

Like if you live in Europe: eat mostly meat and fat. But when in autumn there is plenty of food you switch into carbohydrates and getting fat fast to survive the winter.

Beside the usage of Ketone bodies the body increases grow hormons to protect muscles, reduces need of sleep and increase general alertness (body expects you to search for food, not sleep lazy and starve).

All of the changes need time. Body need to look into the old code in the DNA, copy it over, make the right enzymatic machine out of it and get it running.....

Simple please.

Vegetarians & Vegans, well welcome getting sick often. Veggies, meat (chicken & fish), exercise & routine...simple. Of course, no alcohol.

yes, the sweet taste suggest a lot easy to take carbohydrates, which is very good for the body.

Considering you stay in the forest, half starved and find some sweet fruits.

If you eat very low carbs, a carrot tastes sweet, a normal apple tastes almost too sweet to be good. I didn't try but I guess a coke would taste too sweet to be good.

Coke is basically cheating on the system. It is an artificial product. While sweet fruits in the short season are the things the body want to consume.

The same example on meat would be Sodium Glutamate which makes the body believe that you eat a high value source of meat, while in fact it is some cheapo industry food.

yes the mass production of meat is very ugly....The only organic products beside vegetables I could find were eggs...but no chance on any meat.

What kind of vegetable with low calorie taste good for you?

Salad doesn't taste anything for me.

I like the taste of cucumber and ask myself now, why is this?

I never wrote that I thought that eating a vegetarian diet is healthier than a balanced diet because I don't think it is true. I just wrote that it is possible to have a healthy diet even without eating animal proteins. I will say this, though: I think that if a person is going to one extreme or the other, a vegetarian diet would be healthier than a meat/fat only diet.

As far as high-level vegetarian athletes, instead of listing them in all the sports, how about Robert Cheeke, and Luiz Freitas?

post-43851-0-17954600-1393484000_thumb.j

post-43851-0-96980600-1393484333_thumb.j

yes, the sweet taste suggest a lot easy to take carbohydrates, which is very good for the body.

Considering you stay in the forest, half starved and find some sweet fruits.

If you eat very low carbs, a carrot tastes sweet, a normal apple tastes almost too sweet to be good. I didn't try but I guess a coke would taste too sweet to be good.

Coke is basically cheating on the system. It is an artificial product. While sweet fruits in the short season are the things the body want to consume.

The same example on meat would be Sodium Glutamate which makes the body believe that you eat a high value source of meat, while in fact it is some cheapo industry food.

thanks for the reassurance... i just ate a pack of fizzy cola bottles sweets from 7-11... just what i needed... feeling pumped up now... ready to take on the world... or chat with some strangers on internet chat forums about the health merits of various food stuffs in case i ever go on a diet in the future

yes the mass production of meat is very ugly....The only organic products beside vegetables I could find were eggs...but no chance on any meat.

What kind of vegetable with low calorie taste good for you?

Salad doesn't taste anything for me.

I like the taste of cucumber and ask myself now, why is this?

I like just about all veggies, excepting maybe cauliflower. I love salads--not with creamy dressings, but with olive oil, balsamico, and dijon. Of course, this is just not lettuce, tomato (a fruit, not a veggie) and cukes, but artichoke hearts, olives, carrot, red onion, capers, corn, fiddlehead (when I can get it). I think gazpacho is manna sent from heaven. I love cabbage, pea pods, broccoli, and string beans. I eat a lot of the THai greens, even if I don't know their names. I just grab them at the market. One thing, though, I almost never eat any veggie boiled. THey are either raw, stir-fried, or occasionally grilled.

One reason, though, that I doubt I could ever be a vegetarian is that I am not fond of legumes, which are an important source of protein for vegetarians. I think kidney beans and lentils are disgusting. smile.png

I never wrote that I thought that eating a vegetarian diet is healthier than a balanced diet because I don't think it is true. I just wrote that it is possible to have a healthy diet even without eating animal proteins. I will say this, though: I think that if a person is going to one extreme or the other, a vegetarian diet would be healthier than a meat/fat only diet.

As far as high-level vegetarian athletes, instead of listing them in all the sports, how about Robert Cheeke, and Luiz Freitas?

And then again, inuits aka eskimoes in places like Siberia and Greenland eat a diet that traditionally consists almost entirely of animal meat and fat, yet they are very healthy. This has had many puzzled which is why there have been studies done and even a tv show.

Again, I do not believe we all have the same genetics when it comes to food. It is only natural to think we would adapt to whichever food source was healthy and available in our enviroment.

Why can the Thais eat a diet so full of empty carbs and not get fat, while westerners seem to struggle with it? There are clearly genetic differences in how our bodies uses food.

One thing I think modern man of most cultures eat too little off is fish. Up until recently, historically speaking, it would be much easier to catch a fish than kill a deer or wild board. Archeology in most european stone age settlements show that marine life, fish, shellfish, shrimps, bird eggs were a big part of that diet. I've also had whale and while I generally don't think whaling is a good idea, it is incredibly tasty meat that fully rivals high quality beef.

if you were to go vegatarian - for nutritional reasons, not ideological - then I think it could be done if you ate a lot of fish. The major problem I have with vegans are that it is an ideology and not so much nutritional science.

Nice pics, but they are no where near the size of the real top bodybuilders (not that i like that).. who know how big they could have been with meat. Remember they have great genetics. I am just saying that vegans and vegetarians are making it a lot harder on themselves and then claiming (you dont) its better is utter madness. It sure does beat an unhealthy diet that is for sure.