Thai protesters warned of harsh action, move to invoke new emergency decree

webfact

Protesters warned of harsh action, move to invoke new emergency decree
By Digital Content

13929749506785.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 21 – Protesters were warned today of harsh legal action if they intrude into the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) as the government is contemplating a new emergency decree to deal with the escalating political unrest.

Tarit Pengdith, Department of Special Investigation (DSI) director general and CMPO member, said the authorities would slap criminal charges against protesters who invade the CMPO office.

He admitted that police could not stop protesters’ demonstrations on the streets in light of the Civil Court’s ruling which grants constitutional rights to public demonstrations.

Paradorn Pattanatabut, secretary general of the National Security Council (NSC), said an intrusion into the CMPO office, located inside the Police Club on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, would clearly be a criminal offence.

He said police have difficulties in maintaining public order thanks to the Civil Court’s unclear verdict.

The CMPO has mapped a three-step measure in dealing with political unrest, starting with enforcement of available laws in a normal situation, to imposing the Internal Security Act to control an escalating situation.

In case of violence, the government may resort to the third step by revoking the present emergency decree and invoking a new one to allow the authorities to deal with protesters without having to abide by the Civil Court’s nine-point order.

The court’s order would become invalid when the present emergency decree is revoked, he said, adding that caretaker Cabinet would be asked to declare a new state of emergency, if necessary.

Two senior police officers met with key leaders of the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) at the entrance to the CMPO office this afternoon.

The police officers explained the authorities’ action against protesters on Phan Fah Bridge, Ratchdamnoen Avenue, on Tuesday, saying police wanted to avoid violence.

The police officers agreed to assign police forces to be on guard at a nearby tollway for the safety of protesters who have demonstrated in front of the CMPO office.

Meanwhile, supporters of the pro-government United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) laid a wreath at the Civil Court to call for justice given the court’s ruling on Wednesday which barred CMPO from dispersing protesters who have been involved in peaceful political activities.

Darunee Kritbunyalai, a leading Red Shirt supporter, said the Civil Court’s latest ruling contradicted an earlier one in 2010 in which 89 people were killed and more than 1,000 others injured in a political protest. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-21

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So for all the comments above , intruding / tresspassing is not a criminal offence in your country's ? try to be a little honoust , even for who ever you are supporting ...a little fair play in this "Thai soap game"

You have to ask. Is it trespassing if it is a government building. Ie : the lobby of said building?

Surely during opening hours any Thai citizen is allowed access!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So for all the comments above , intruding / tresspassing is not a criminal offence in your country's ? try to be a little honoust , even for who ever you are supporting ...a little fair play in this "Thai soap game"

Seems to me like you don't know the law's to well mister .... CAMPO is a public institution ... and a public building with public grounds allows any THAI person to step on that ground as he pleases ... only the fact that can remain on they're position without throwing a stone is enough for the building to have no one to step in or out due the high number of persons that can stop the traffic .

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Seems to me like you don't know the law's to well mister .... CAMPO is a public institution ... and a public building with public grounds allows any THAI person to step on that ground as he pleases ... only the fact that can remain on they're position without throwing a stone is enough for the building to have no one to step in or out due the high number of persons that can stop the traffic .

You forget the rule citizens must obay the directions of an official person .....if they say "move your car away" in your country , you go to reply i pay road taks so i may do what i like , drive where i want ?

you know very well there is a limit to freedom to do what you like .

Try to do wat now happen in your own country and you see what happens...

Whatever you think you know about the law is wrong and doesn't apply to this case ... since when does a corrupt government who defies the constitution and the laws of the constitutional judges and jury and does not step down as the rules say's passing a bill on a former ex-primer like THAKSIN making him able to get back to the same country he was exiled to come to ?

And where does it say that the government is above the law changing the decrees of emergency as they please ?

Seems to me like if there is a POLICE STATE ... you belong there ... so you can step where they please and move as they're strings tells you to ... but not here in THAILAND ...so i suggest ... get back home

You forget the rule citizens must obay the directions of an official person .....if they say "move your car away" in your country , you go to reply i pay road taks so i may do what i like , drive where i want ?

you know very well there is a limit to freedom to do what you like .

Try to do wat now happen in your own country and you see what happens...

Whatever you think you know about the law is wrong and doesn't apply to this case ... since when does a corrupt government who defies the constitution and the laws of the constitutional judges and jury and does not step down as the rules say's passing a bill on a former ex-primer like THAKSIN making him able to get back to the same country he was exiled to come to ?

And where does it say that the government is above the law changing the decrees of emergency as they please ?

Seems to me like if there is a POLICE STATE ... you belong there ... so you can step where they please and move as they're strings tells you to ... but not here in THAILAND ...so i suggest ... get back home

watch the trolls coming at you gather,,,,,wai2.gif

• Like 1

Try entering the army HQ on Vibvahadi using that line of argument and see how you get on with that.

Try entering the army HQ on Vibvahadi using that line of argument and see how you get on with that.

And we speak about public affiliated buildings and grounds ... and there you go pushing it to the army level ...if you wanna play that way remember the as the army of Thailand doesn't get pushed in the middle they will not chose sides ...by the way ... army is made to protect the country not the government :) ...governments come and go ... by votes and by necessity ... but the army doesn't change ... is still the same old core ... so , let's get back to the main subject should we which is CAMPO :)

And we speak about public affiliated buildings and grounds ... and there you go pushing it to the army level ...if you wanna play that way remember the as the army of Thailand doesn't get pushed in the middle they will not chose sides ...by the way ... army is made to protect the country not the government :) ...governments come and go ... by votes and by necessity ... but the army doesn't change ... is still the same old core ... so , let's get back to the main subject should we which is CAMPO :)
You seem to know a lot about the situation for someone with a couple of posts under your belt. Nothing wrong with that of course but wondering where you've been the past four months?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If the PTP played fair / honest for the last two years Thailand would not be in this mess

• Like 1